Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss After Dark Kilimanjaro Safaris In The Future in the News & Rumors forums; Big Red left as of April 29th and for a while this summer guests will be greeted by construction walls to end their experience of KS. Yet there is talk ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

After Dark Kilimanjaro Safaris In The Future

Big Red left as of April 29th and for a while this summer guests will be greeted by construction walls to end their experience of KS. Yet there is talk of a totally new night time experience in the after dark hours on KS then what guests experience during the day.

Disney has tried to run the Safaris after dark before however it failed miserably. There were extremely long lines and very few animals were visible at night, basically an anticlimactic experience. The new idea being pitched is one with Night Vision goggles so guests can locate the animals moving around or while sleeping.

Considering how CM's round up many of the critters when the attraction shuts down for feeding, medical evaluations etc., I'm am guessing this isn't something that could be accomplished quickly unless the planning has been in the works for a while.

Could the framework for night time be buried in all the construction currently happening? Would it be part of park admission?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: After Dark Kilimanjaro Safaris In The Future

I'm in favor of letting the animals sleep, wander on their own, or whatever at night.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

There was a pretty strong rumor that they were setting up for some sort of lighting for night safaris last year, but nothing seemed to become of it. The construction that was happening turned out to be for the Wild Africa Trek tour.

From what I heard they are just adding some zebra areas where Big Red and the other parts of the storyline had existed.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I took a night time safari one time. It wasn't too bad actually. We got to see quite a lot of animals. The lions were actually roaming about instead of just sleeping which was nice.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"