Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss monorail expansion in the News & Rumors forums; if they made monorail tracks why would they bury them under wdw? that would just be a waste of money and time....
    mr_smitty55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    if they made monorail tracks why would they bury them under wdw? that would just be a waste of money and time.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hey, if they expand the monorail to Michigan, sign me up for a ride. I can just picture me listening to the monorial speech over and over and over and over and over......you get the picture.

"Por favor, mantanganse alejado de las puertas..."
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Unfortunately I have not been able to prove or disprove the "buried tracks" theory. I have heard this story repeated many times by frequent WDW visitors and CMs. Maybe Lou can shed some more light on this subject.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose101
    . Maybe Lou can shed some more light on this subject.

I think Lou has taken a vow of silence on this matter

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Buried tracks, I don't buy. Remember that most of WDW was swampland, and you can't really go underground much.

Now - there are supposedly concrete footings for additional pylons in the World Showcase area, that additional pylons (the supports for the track) could be placed on, and then new track on top of that, in the event of expansion, but there's no guarantee as to their status.

I think some sort of light rail like maglev is much more likely than additional monorail as we know it.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have heard the rumor about monorail expansion for quite some time as well, but doubt it'll happen. As Sam I Am mentioned, the footings are in place in certain areas (leading to MGM, from the rumor mill I heard from), but due to costs, it won't happen. The busses are much cheaper and more flexible. I'd *LOVE* to see monorail expansion, but am not going to hold my breath for it......

And yet, now I'm very curious about Lou's little bluebird...........
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I heard a rumor about 2 years ago that construction is supposed to be from 2006-2011.

Here is what I remember as I don't remember where it was, and it was a couple years ago, remember this is just a rumor...

Yes, they need a new Transportation and Ticket Center so that all parks could have their own seperate station. The new Center would be in the Old airfield that is located in Disney grounds. They would work it out so each monorail has its own monorail to and from that center and resorts around it, so that almost any resort would be connected by it.

Also, they hope to then cut-down the number of disney bus' by having more monorails. If they have more monorails, disney bus traffic could someday become not needed and this would free up disney roads that are already crowded with tourists who rent a car and other motorists.

That is all I remember and it is a rumor but maybe it will stop some of your curiosity. :-) Or at least make you wonder more.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

tinkymin is offline A-Ticket holder
    We were just in WDW in July. My husband heard the rumor from a cast member. Apparently the buses cost b/w 500 and 600,000 each. Granted they get a lot of mileage out of them, but they also polute. Not to mention the ride from some WDW resorts to other parts of the world can be upwards of 60-90 mintues each way. I think it would be cool, but I worry about the 'visual pollution' if you know what i mean.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hey, if they expand the monorail to Michigan, sign me up for a ride. I can just picture me listening to the monorial speech over and over and over and over and over......you get the picture.

"Por favor, mantanganse alejado de las puertas..."
    I agree, since I am also from Michigan! I would just wear my headphones though for that long of a trip!!!!! Hahahahaha
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

iluvepcot54 is offline A-Ticket holder
    How about connecting to the WL, that would be great!!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B
    I
    Yes, they need a new Transportation and Ticket Center so that all parks could have their own seperate station. The new Center would be in the Old airfield that is located in Disney grounds. They would work it out so each monorail has its own monorail to and from that center and resorts around it, so that almost any resort would be connected by it.
    I don't know about monorail expansion, but there has been an awful lot of activity, including some heavy equipment being brought in, at the STOLPort (airfield) in the last month or so. I take the back way into work every day past Fort Wilderness and have been watching that area with great interest. They have also cleared out a large area of trees directly across from the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf courses on that same road. They still have a screen of trees there to hide it from full view, but you can see in by the little access road they made and see bulldozers etc. back there.
    Any comments from your bluebird, Lou?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I heard a rumour some while back that not only was the WDW Monorail system expanding, but they were going to be carrying out construction to allow them to cross the North Atlantic, and pass behind my house, operating as a private line.

Then again, that's just a rumour. I don't know how true it is.
    Last edited by 20K; 09-05-2005 at 05:25 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Or New York
    new york works for me too

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkymin
    We were just in WDW in July. My husband heard the rumor from a cast member. Apparently the buses cost b/w 500 and 600,000 each. Granted they get a lot of mileage out of them, but they also polute. Not to mention the ride from some WDW resorts to other parts of the world can be upwards of 60-90 mintues each way. I think it would be cool, but I worry about the 'visual pollution' if you know what i mean.
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    I don't know about monorail expansion, but there has been an awful lot of activity, including some heavy equipment being brought in, at the STOLPort (airfield) in the last month or so. I take the back way into work every day past Fort Wilderness and have been watching that area with great interest. They have also cleared out a large area of trees directly across from the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf courses on that same road. They still have a screen of trees there to hide it from full view, but you can see in by the little access road they made and see bulldozers etc. back there.
    Any comments from your bluebird, Lou?
    Being WDW it is either a roller coaster, or a golf course.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast