Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss monorail expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Or another value resort... just what they think they need......
    bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Or another value resort... just what they think they need...
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

BelleOfTheBall is offline A-Ticket holder

*sigh*

All I have to say is that it would be pretty sweet if they did that because catching a bus is becoming a real big pain in the rump...uh..rumpus room... LOL! Gotta love COP. Anyway, especially going to MGM. I don't know why I always have to wait forever and a day to get a bus there and no matter where I am at. You'd think it would be easy because it's in a pretty good location. *sigh* Don't get me started about the buses. They definitely aren't how they used to be.
    Last edited by BelleOfTheBall; 10-04-2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: forgot something?
    "A Whole New World. A new fantastic point of view.
    No one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming...."

* ~ Let me share this whole new world with you ~ *

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Lou, any comment from Mr. Bluebird on your shoulder?

Anyway, I would love to see Monorail Expansion...I wonder what colors they would use? Maybe brown, turquoise (distinguished from blue by the infamous trapezoids)...that's all I can think of right now.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Maybe some metallic colors for the new monorails?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Monorail expansion would be nice to connect the parks. Although if you ask one bus driver, there are people who swear they took a monorail to MGM in the morning and wonder why they have to take a bus back to their hotel at night.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We spoke to a monorail operator while riding in the front last month at WDW. He said that Disney will not be expanding the monorail lines because of the high costs.
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A new mono system would be neat, but I agree they do have the bus system and I think they have found that more effective and efficient. The buses can be a pain and cause some long trips, but to those who hate riding the buses, here is a piece of advice... rent a car, it only costs like $15 a day! Trust me it is def worth the extra money!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

almost forgot, the operator was also telling us they were inneficient due to the number of passengers they can move. He said that the can only hold around 300 people and would need to hold more to become more efficient. This would mean longer monorails, however longer monorails would require longer stations.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I would love to see a monorail system that would provide access to at least the four theme parks. I do realize the cost to build such an infrastucture would be rediculous, and it would look pretty bad to have construction going on all over WDW, but with as conservation-minded as Disney is, I think it would be an investment they might be interested in making if they could at least justify the cost. The monorail is such a clean system compared to the busses. I wish the monorail could re-emerge as the primary means of inter-Disney travel and allow the busses to simply augment that system as well as provide access to the resorts and waterparks and downtown disney and such. Right now the busses are the primary mode of transport, and I kind of find that a little... non-magical. it's too ordinary in my opinion. Disney needs to be unique in every aspect!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I agree.
    If efficiency was everything, the monorail would never have been built in the first place. They need to at least connect the parks and Downtown Disney. The monorail is just as much a part of Disneyland/World as any of the rides, as a matter of fact, I see some guests just riding the monorail around like it IS one of the rides in the parks. It is a symbol of Disney and a lot of first timers can't wait for their first monorail ride.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I can see them doing the Monorail eventually and their employees would not really know until it is started to be built, and I'm thinking for colors if they ever do it, they might do patterns like pink spots or green stripes or something like that.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    The colors spectrum is somewhat limited if they were going to have a bunch of trains (theoretically, of course). I mean, I know there is like an unlimited number of colors in the visible spectrum, but when you start getting to the point where you are trying to differentiate between "Hey is that pink-ish looking train Monorail Heliotrope? Or maybe that it was Fuchsia? Well, how about that one over there? That's definitely monorail Puce, right?" There are some funny color names out there, and it could get really confusing really fast if they stayed with colors.

So rather than just having them change to the boring old number or letter system like city trains and busses, I propose they should give them names... character names or name them after important people in the Disney World project, kind of like they did with the Ferryboats across the Seven Seas Lagoon. I don't know about you, but I'd have no problem with names like "Monorail Roy, or Monorail Xavier, or Monorail Charming, or something along those lines.

Ooh! Another idea! How about naming them after the attractions and their characters, not just limiting it to the movie characters. Then you could theme the trains too! (Haha... theme trains, to go with Walt's steam trains.) Ok, bad joke. Then the monrails themselves WOULD be an attraction! Like one of the trains going to the Magic Kingdom could be the Master Gracey Monorail, and it could be dark colors and creak and groan a bit, and play "Grim Grinning Ghosts" as background music. The spiel could be recorded by your "Ghost Host". Monorail Dreamfinder to EPCOT would be bright colors and play "One Little Spark" as background, and both Dreamfinder and Figment could do the Spiel. Monorail Meerkat could go to DAK, hosted by Timon and Pumbaa, and Monorail Rebellion to MGM could be piloted by R2 and narrated by -3PO.

By making the monorails an attraction themselves, you might also help alleviate park crowding on busy days. People wanting something to do other than stand in line for Peter Pan's Flight for 2 1/2 hours might decide that Monorail Neverland might be neat to see for a change, and go out and fly around the World in a monorail engulfed in Pixie Dust and hosted by Pan and Tink. And seeing as nobody would ride the trains all day, people would still buy park tickets, so Disney wouldn't have to worry about losing park revenue over it.

Hmmm... , I might be on to something. This sounds really fun!
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 11-12-2005 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I left out words... then I had another idea of something I wanted to add in
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

I agree with Don when he said that the buses are boring. I hadn't really thought about it before but they are quite boring for Disney standards. I will avoid the buses at all costs, I prefer to rent a car and drive to the parks rather than wait for buses. They need to add some Disney magic to the buses.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast