Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss monorail expansion in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Passarino6 That would be cool, but wouldn't they almost have to build another hub like the TTC? I would think the traffic is already way too cluttered ...
    LAXplaya1346 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    That would be cool, but wouldn't they almost have to build another hub like the TTC? I would think the traffic is already way too cluttered coming from TTC as it is.

they would just build more TTC on the property. And make the price higher for Disney guests
    DISNEY KID FOREVER

MouseTunes.. Gone... But have not stopped Babbling

Movie worked on by a friend of ours, Katie Murphy! Hope the movie is great Katie!

hockeyref8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    #1, Mainstreet, USA: Have you ever thought about being an Imagineer? I think u would be great at it! #2, i am a cast member and i've heard rumors going both ways. I would love to see some more monorails go in. But think of cost, to constuct such a project, paying the cast members, and what about the bus drivers? Every cast member in the Disney Company has a contract, what would it cost to buy out the contract of every bus driver? Would they make the bus drivers monorail pilots? Would they wanna be monorail pilots? Now i am a security CM at WDW. The construction vehicle at STOLport are for something else, can't disclose what unfortunatly (disney lawyers make u sign so many papers, any other CM can tell u that as well.) As you walk/drive around WDW property, u can find survey markers, whether thats for a monorail or just to survey. #3, as for colors.......u can't have to many bright or shinny colors due to the monorails going over the roads with vehicles, to many accidents as is. #4, would you want a monorail to go to Downtown DIsney? Think of it. How many intoxicated people do we have there now? Could u see a monorail full of 300 intoxicated guests? It would be better then drunk driving, but 50 on a bus or 300 on a monorail? Its tough to weigh the pros and cons either way. Anyways, back to work! Hope to see y'all down here in WDW soon. Have a Magical Day!
    Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, Whalaa! You've got a Figmant!
    [img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Disney%2Bfigment/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=123hksi61/EXP=1126463322/*-http%3A//www.intercot.com/edc/images/jdfspark.jpg[/img]:mickey:

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    "Every cast member in the Disney Company has a contract"

That's not all that true... At will employment is more the norm...

WDWFan4Life is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have heard that this is not going to happen, as much as we all want it to.
    Kevin

Welcome to Stitch Kingdom... Meega Nala Kweetsa!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I agree with those who believe it won't happen. A rumor is just a rumor no matter how much we all would like to have faster transportation especially to Downtown Disney. As for burying anything, name one thing you know to be below ground level in FL. The water table is so high that not much can go into the ground. Below ground transportation would have to end up being a submarine.

I've had some very interesting bus rides. When the bus is empty, some of the drivers will give a little info as to what's happening or facts about the park.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nsync66138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think it is a bigger pain to go on the monerails then it is to do the bus. Yes, we've had to wait 30/45 mins for a bus at times, but we've also had to do the same with monerails as well. The monerails use to be my fav as a kid, but then I realized it was over rated. First off the speech at the beg. is so annoying, then you need to basically go in a circle to get to the place you want to go, and sometimes they break down taking even longer to get going where as on a bus anohter one will simply come pick you up. Adding on to monerails will just be a waste of money.

SpcMountaineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    I don't know about monorail expansion, but there has been an awful lot of activity, including some heavy equipment being brought in, at the STOLPort (airfield) in the last month or so. I take the back way into work every day past Fort Wilderness and have been watching that area with great interest. They have also cleared out a large area of trees directly across from the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf courses on that same road. They still have a screen of trees there to hide it from full view, but you can see in by the little access road they made and see bulldozers etc. back there.
    Any comments from your bluebird, Lou?

Hey ShadesOfGreen--

Are you still working at WDW? You mentioned the STOLPort--where is that exactly? I worked in MK for three years and never knew about that! Can you see it on any satellite images?

So how is that construction going. Ever learn what it is to be?

After the enormous cost of the Las Vegas monorail, I think most municipalities wouldn't even consider it as a viable alternative.

OTOH, I always thought that a WEDWay system between the MK and the MK Cast parking lot would have been very effective! (Probably not cheap, though.)

SpcMountaineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan4Life
    I have heard that this is not going to happen, as much as we all want it to.
    Well, now that Michael is gone, I have to say that just about anything is possible!

Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know the following does not mean that there is monorail expansion taking or about to take place. But I just became a DVC member and one of the things we were told is that at Saratoga Springs they have an easement set aside for monorail expansion. I know that doesn't mean they are going to expand, but it's obvious they are keeping open the possibility.

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

not likely

i actually read into this last year, and Disney has addressed it before saying that if it did happen it won't be for a long time. This is because, yes, they would have to make new Hubs for them, and the terrain they would be going over would end up costing so much money, that right now with the descent transportation, the dollar amount wouldnt make it worth it.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We can always hope they extend the Monorail over all of WDW in the future... or maybe they're planning a new mode of transportation that we haven't even thought of yet... it definitely wouldn't surprise anyone

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Waltsentme is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can find NOTHING ANYWHERE on any of the Disney cast sites-official or otherwise-to suggest that there is a monorail expansion in the works. In addition to building the elevated beams,. the operating and production costs, and the manpower needed to keep an additioal three stations running, we would probably need to add a minimum of six , probably 12, monorails themselves ( at two to four per loop) as well as, as mentioned previously, a new hub station to move it away from the TTC. Since the monorail doesn't attract guests like a new ride (see Expedition;Everest) or show (Mickey's Philharmagic), it is very doubtful the company would sink that much money into something that is going to bring virtually no return. Still, at Disney we never say never, so keep on dreaming!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I think it would be great is all the parks were connected

Waltsentme is offline A-Ticket holder
    to Hockeyref8;
    Every cast member at WDW does NOT have a contract. As one myself, I can tell you this with absolute certainty. Most of us are not even full-time. The only people w/ contracts are the higher-ups in management-the VERY higher ups. My brother was a senior project designer for Disney Development for many years, and he wasn't under contract, either. So I don't know where you heard this information, but it is 100% false.

Mac Mika is offline A-Ticket holder
    You are semi-correct. The bases for the supports for the track were installed in some places at the time the EPCOT line was being built for future use but that is all that is there right now.
    MAC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast