Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss monorail expansion in the News & Rumors forums; We took the Vacation Club tour last October, and our salesperson told us that this is indeed happening...above ground and to all parks...don't have any details....
    kstinw19 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We took the Vacation Club tour last October, and our salesperson told us that this is indeed happening...above ground and to all parks...don't have any details.

Space-man99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not a Rumor, it is happening. The plans are in the works as I write. The money has been committed and design is under way. It will take years to add a park to the loop, but eventually at least one more park and downtown Disney will be added to the rail line.

The question also being looked at is which hotels might get added as part of this expansion.

The busses are costing Disney a fortune to maintain, and the traffic is becoming a big problem. Look for some surprising changes in the Monorail in the not too distant futuer.
    Spaceman

brs21280 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When my family joined the DVC at Saratoga in September we were told the same thing about a possible monorail expansion..it is one of the things my father is so excited about.
    Brs21280

dixiegirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I personally would love to see the monorail expanded but considering the huge cost of expansion, I tend to doubt it will happen. The one thing I learned years ago is that rumors pass around with the CMs at WDW as much as here and the validity of those rumors are always questionable. Sometimes when CMs pass info on to us it's not always "official info" and it's actually a rumor. I know 2 CMs at WDW and they said that rumors are always flying around about changes, expansions, new attractions, closings, etc. The cost when the monorail was originally built was a cool million per mile and that was like 35 years ago! Could you imagine what it would cost to build today!?!? It would be really cool though.

WDWFan4Life is offline A-Ticket holder
    Would be great to see the monorail expanded!!!
    Kevin

Welcome to Stitch Kingdom... Meega Nala Kweetsa!

Crazy Hakim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaster
    I saw on a website(don't remember which) that WDW was planning on expanding the monorail to MGM, AK, and even Downtown Disney. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    OK, I took the "Behind the Steam" tour last Thursday (3/16/06) and my jaw dropped to the floor when the conductor leading the tour said that it is confirmed, that Disney IS expanding the monorail system to include MGM and Animal Kingdom (I don't remember if he mentioned any other specific locations) AND he said that there would also be TWO NEW Monorail Resorts along the new route. He said that pilings are already being placed for the track supports.

Now, I am like most of you, been hearing this for years, but I have never had this info come from a CM, especially during a Disney Tour.

I remain hopeful.........

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    While this would be great to have more monorail hotels. I doubt they will invest that much money in this venture. But I hope I am wrong. I have been hearing this rumor for years.

Dblk2104 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It wouldn't supprise me if they did run it to MGM because the Swan and Dolphin resorts have a monorail station in it, so when they were building MGM they had full intentions of running a monorail from EPCOT to MGM that is why EPCOT's monorail station is so big, they told me this on my Discovery Day at EPCOT it also costs one million dollers for every little section of the monorail.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345