Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Good-bye Electrical, Hello Spectro, yet again. in the News & Rumors forums; Gabe, I guess part of it for me is I always took a mid-day break from the parks even back in the 80's when I was a kid. So the ...
    weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Good-bye Electrical, Hello Spectro, yet again.

Gabe,

I guess part of it for me is I always took a mid-day break from the parks even back in the 80's when I was a kid. So the daytime parades were just not in the cards - plus I always viewed the parades as an opportunity to hit attractions while they had shorter waits.

I do like the nigh time ones at the MK very much. But I will say that I have little to no interest in things like the Pixar Pals, or Jungle Jammin', etc. I will say that the Halloween and Christmas parades they do as part of the special events look really cool, but I've never had the chance.

And I just wanted to clarify, I would rather Disney invest in something else OTHER than a new parade, not in a new parade.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm with you. I prefer Now is the Time over Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
    It's the song I grew up with.

I remember we got into a throwdown over the fact that that wasn't the "original" song for the attraction. But, it was as far as the MK is concerned.

I do agree with weepstah, though. They're both really great tunes.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It does amaze me how many people are not parade fans. I generally avoid the topic because it is generally viewed as sacrilege.
    It is? Why?

Are you a parade fan?

I guess at the end of the day my big thing is the annoyance they create as far as movement around the parks is concerned. I'm glad they have them, and that many folks thoroughly enjoy them. But, I'd just as soon do without.

Then again, there's many things I probably enjoy about WDW that a lot of folks could just as soon do without.

Hey, I'm willing to compromise.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

I thought it was a good idea to switch the night parades a few years ago, especially if you are a regular visitor. Maybe Disney might be considering swapping them out every few years to keep interest in them.
    Spectromagic is my favorite so I hope it is back later this year, for my next visit!

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Spectromagic is my fav! I saw MSEP once in the last 2 years .... I miss my Spectromagic music! Love the Peacock, Chip and Dale and the dancing ostriches.... my dream job is still to be a fully lit butterfly/firefly... whatever they call them.... can't wait!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I prefere Spectro's music than MSEP

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    Boo Spectro! Those clowns creep me out!
    OK, so realizing I haven't seen Spectro in some years, I got onto youtube and watched again. The clowns still creep me out, I think they even managed to make Mickey look creepy. That being said, I had forgotten how great some of the floats are. I really like the Ursula float and Chernabog. (Funny that the clowns creep me out, but not Chernabog and Ursula.) I have a definite appreciation for the creativity and technology involved in Spectro. I still don't care for the music. Or the clowns.

It's too bad that both parades couldn't be offered on different nights. I think there is a certain amount of nostalgia that goes along w/ MSEP and visitors that may only got to WDW once in their lifetime should at least have the chance to experience it.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12