Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss HS Carsland? in the News & Rumors forums; Yea, that's why I stated in my previous post... "... might actually be a decent place for somethin' like that." Because it is outside the "wheel" and separated by water ...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Re: HS Carsland?

Yea, that's why I stated in my previous post...
    "...might actually be a decent place for somethin' like that."
    Because it is outside the "wheel" and separated by water and kinda' out in the boonies from the rest of the park. But, ultimately, it is best left for some other future MK expansion.
    Plus, all the lands in the MK are based on general themes and not specific franchises. The movie-based attractions are, generally, placed in the appropriate land to which they most closely relate.
    But yes, thematically, a Carsland would make a lot more sense in DHS.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Absolutely true.

But, visually Radiator Springs Racer would fit right in with Splash and Thunder.

Yep, all that rock work off in the distance would definitely tie in, but boy howdy, that'd be a hechuva' lot of it (even though Chickapin Hill is more earthen, I think?) all in one area of the park...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I don't see why both coasts have to be similar
    Isn't both coast similar now!! why not one more GREAT attraction, that could be gone just alittle different

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Absolutely true.

But, visually Radiator Springs Racer would fit right in with Splash and Thunder.
    I don't think so, Splash and Big Thunder are Mountains, Carsland is a mountain range and looks to me to be completely different. DHS is the place, the theme is perfect

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Completely different?!

Than what? The shooting arcade?

The rock work and color scheme are almost identical to both Mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post

Completely different?!

Than what? The shooting arcade?

The rock work and color scheme are almost identical to both Mountains.
    I think the Carsland Mountain range is way to big and LONG it's almost 300 feet long, I just don't think it would fit the area, plus it's not the right theme for that area

You're right.

A southwestern-style mountain with a thrill ride in it has no place in Frontierland.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think the studios need a boost, with AK passing is I'm attendance.

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

So, according to another website, the creative executive of Cars Land has just moved from Cali to Orlando. Interesting...
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wouldn't a racetrack or more "modern" theming for a Cars attraction fit DHS better??? I don't think they will do the exact same RSR as DCA. It will have a twist.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Wouldn't a racetrack or more "modern" theming for a Cars attraction fit DHS better??? I don't think they will do the exact same RSR as DCA. It will have a twist.
    That was what I was tryin' to say, although, I think Mo Noyz has a valid point too...which was similar to my original point that if they were gonna' do it at MK, that northwest plot would be the spot. Although, I still think DHS would be the better choice.
    Walt was never about repeating himself though, and sadly, and unfortunately, most of that spirit is gone, but lets face it, these days if ya' got a winner, and there are 2 parks on completely opposite coasts, the bottom line is all that counts...stuff that attraction in whatever section of whatever park ya' can.
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 08-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    ~ you know who

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    So, according to another website, the creative executive of Cars Land has just moved from Cali to Orlando. Interesting...
    Very interesting . . .
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Living in Georgia, I go to WDW about every other month, but we have never been to Disneyland. We want to go at least once- I need a C2C medal!- but realistically, it's not affordable for us to fly over to California every year as a family. As awesome as Cars Land sounds, it's not enough to get me to drop a couple grand on flights, but I would love to see it closer to home. :-/ So, my wishful thinking/hoping may be a little selfish, but I know there are thousands of people on the east coast who probably feel the same.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

mickeytoo, I certainly agree it would likely be a better fit in DHS. And that park could use the help. Outside of TSM/R-n-R/ToT it doesn't have a whole lot going for it.

Almost seems odd that AK would surpass it in attendance when it only has two true E-ticket rides. But, I think it comes down to the fact that AK is a more pleasant park to leisurely stroll through. Not to mention the fact that they somewhat messed up putting two of the three major draws at DHS right next to each other. That can make for a quick day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast