Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss HS Carsland? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick Living in Georgia, I go to WDW about every other month, but we have never been to Disneyland. We want to go at least once- I ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: HS Carsland?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    Living in Georgia, I go to WDW about every other month, but we have never been to Disneyland. We want to go at least once- I need a C2C medal!- but realistically, it's not affordable for us to fly over to California every year as a family. As awesome as Cars Land sounds, it's not enough to get me to drop a couple grand on flights, but I would love to see it closer to home. :-/ So, my wishful thinking/hoping may be a little selfish, but I know there are thousands of people on the east coast who probably feel the same.
    Yet another excellent point. And one that stands as the very reason Walt Disney decided to build another park in Florida.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    Living in Georgia, I go to WDW about every other month, but we have never been to Disneyland. We want to go at least once- I need a C2C medal!- but realistically, it's not affordable for us to fly over to California every year as a family. As awesome as Cars Land sounds, it's not enough to get me to drop a couple grand on flights, but I would love to see it closer to home. :-/ So, my wishful thinking/hoping may be a little selfish, but I know there are thousands of people on the east coast who probably feel the same.
    Again, according to everything I've ever read about Walt Disney's original mindset on such matters as to repeating himself, he kinda' already did when he first started to plan the MK at WDW, even though it was on a much grander scale and EPCOT was actually gonna' be the eventual grand achievement. I'm completely agreeing with you. With those two "Happiest Place on Earth"'s bein' about 3000 miles apart, it's pretty much a given that all the favorites should be repeated in some form or fashion. It just makes sense all the way around.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    mickeytoo, I certainly agree it would likely be a better fit in DHS. And that park could use the help. Outside of TSM/R-n-R/ToT it doesn't have a whole lot going for it.

Almost seems odd that AK would surpass it in attendance when it only has two true E-ticket rides. But, I think it comes down to the fact that AK is a more pleasant park to leisurely stroll through. Not to mention the fact that they somewhat messed up putting two of the three major draws at DHS right next to each other. That can make for a quick day.
    Yes, you're right, DHS could use the help since so much is so very dated at this point. And yes, it does kinda' surprise me that AK could surpass it in attendance. Funny thing is, we really love both parks and can always make them into full days. We just must be crazy that way. But between the safari, EE, Finding Nemo, festival of the Lion King, Dinosaur, etc., at AK, and ToT, RnRC, the 2 stunt shows, Star Tours, Walt Disney: One Mans Dream, The lion King Live on Stage, etc. we don't have a problem enjoyin' the whole 10 yards in both parks...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yes, you're right, DHS could use the help since so much is so very dated at this point. And yes, it does kinda' surprise me that AK could surpass it in attendance. Funny thing is, we really love both parks and can always make them into full days. We just must be crazy that way. But between the safari, EE, Finding Nemo, festival of the Lion King, Dinosaur, etc., at AK, and ToT, RnRC, the 2 stunt shows, Star Tours, Walt Disney: One Mans Dream, The lion King Live on Stage, etc. we don't have a problem enjoyin' the whole 10 yards in both parks...!
    'Scuse me...that would be... "Beauty an the Beast: Live on stage"...
    ~ you know who

Or, "Beauty AND the Beast"...
    Sorry, it's been a LONG week...!
    ~ you know who

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123