Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss HS Carsland? in the News & Rumors forums; Has anyone else heard they're bringing Carsland to HS? Is this true? A rumor? Wishful thinking? I heard it from a friend who is usually in the know but I ...
    disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

HS Carsland?

Has anyone else heard they're bringing Carsland to HS? Is this true? A rumor? Wishful thinking? I heard it from a friend who is usually in the know but I haven't seen it anywhere else...
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: HS Carsland?

I have also heard this rumor. I have heard it would take the place of Lights,Motors,Action and if needed The Backlot Tour area would be used. Which I think is the prefect place for it.

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

That's exactly where she said!
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I'd like to NOT see Cars Land in WDW
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Wasn't there a rumor previously about it being set up behind/beyond Frontierland at some point?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I'd like to NOT see Cars Land in WDW
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Why?
    I don't see why both coasts have to be similar
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

The only real reason for them to be different would be Disney's bottom line.

So, also no Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc...?

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I also heard the rumor of Radiator Springs Racers (or a ride like it) coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in the future. I don't think they plan to do a whole Cars Land like at DCA, but add to the Pixar Place area with a Monsters Inc. attraction and a Cars attraction. Also like mentioned, it has been rumored that the new attraction would take over the property of Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour. If you notice, the entrance to Backlot Tour is right next to Pixar Place. Perfect entrance and location for a RSR queue. This would be a pretty long queue with interactive elements I'm sure.

If true . . . This would be a BIG plus for DHS and make it a full day park for guests. Look at what the Imagineers did for DCA . . .
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

So, also no Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc...?
    By extension, yes, but not exclusively.

I'm not sold on the notion of Radiator Springs Racers, be it the individual attraction OR all of Radiator Springs fitting into the theme that is DHS. Lights, Motors, Action! is well within the thematic bounds of DHS.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Wasn't there a rumor previously about it being set up behind/beyond Frontierland at some point?
    Never heard that rumor before, but after takin' a look at the MK from google earth, that chunk of land across the railroad trestle behind BTMR and the RoA, between the 2 canals might actually be a decent place for somethin' like that.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    By extension, yes, but not exclusively.

I'm not sold on the notion of Radiator Springs Racers, be it the individual attraction OR all of Radiator Springs fitting into the theme that is DHS. Lights, Motors, Action! is well within the thematic bounds of DHS.
    An attraction/possible land based on a movie being in the movie studio theme park. How does it not fit?

Rock-n-Rollercoaster doesn't "fit" thematically, but it's a heck of a ride.

While I appreciate theming, the whole "doesn't fit" argument (especially concerning Avatarland*) just makes no sense to me.

*more amusing is the fact that many who use that argument against Avatar are the same ones who bemoan the fact that Beastly Kingdom never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Never heard that rumor before, but after takin' a look at the MK from google earth, that chunk of land across the railroad trestle behind BTMR and the RoA, between the 2 canals might actually be a decent place for somethin' like that.
    Yep, that's exactly where the rumor had it placed.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would love to see it. I think it would fit better in DHS. I see that Disney does like to make some attractions and shows unique to each coast, but, I agree there are more similar than different. Is there any weight to the rumor of the Crush Coaster coming to DHS?

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I think having Radiator Springs Racers in DHS would be great! Change it a bit so it fits the whole behind the scenes of the movie theme and place it where Catastrophe Canyon is. It would be perfect for an Easter egg of the old attraction too. I mean let's be honest Backlot Tour is pretty terrible now. If the studios wanted to keep that somewhat active make a behind the scenes paid walking tour. Time to expand Pixar Place with this, Monsters Inc ride, and a replica of the UP house for a meet and greet
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast