Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of Cars land comeing to WDW?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • I like it

17 53.13%
  • I don't like it

15 46.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Cars land comeing to WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; Mo Noyz, I don't know why, but I love The Muppets. Even they don't strike me as somewhat different from the Disney stuff I love, I really like the idea ...
    disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Cars land comeing to WDW?

Mo Noyz,
    I don't know why, but I love The Muppets. Even they don't strike me as somewhat different from the Disney stuff I love, I really like the idea of expanding their presence in the park and bringing in some of the Disney that never was stuff. :-)
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    Lol. Nicholas, no biggie. I really just was wondering if others were hearing the same things I was. :-)
    Thanks! your nice.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

On the more reliable boards the rumor is Cars is coming to DHS and that is why Kathy Magnum was relocated by Disney to Florida, to replicate here Cars project in Florida. Will take the place of LMA and flatten a chunk of the Back Lot tour.
    I don't know if I am more excited about Cars coming to the studios or Flattening LMA and the BLT.

If it is true I wonder if Disney will hold out until D23 to announce, much like FLE was leaked out prior to D23 but not confirmed until D23.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

It would be good to finally put BLT out of it's misery. Other than disaster canyon the thing is a shell and pretty sad. LMA doesn;t seem to have a lot of return traffic draw, which si odd, because it is an interesting show and after I saw a couple of times I didn;t feel a big need to see it again. Carsland would be a good draw.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    It would be good to finally put BLT out of it's misery. Other than disaster canyon the thing is a shell and pretty sad. LMA doesn;t seem to have a lot of return traffic draw, which si odd, because it is an interesting show and after I saw a couple of times I didn;t feel a big need to see it again. Carsland would be a good draw.
    And it is a real shame about the BLT. I really enjoyed the tour when you went into a fake studio, guests participated and then you moved onto the tram through the neighborhood, backlot junk heap of props, through the tunnel of working studios and off to the canyon. The fun we had with my toddlers who were afraid of fire. Good memories.

But like I said a few posts up, if Cars rumor is true for DHS, squish it all. I saw LMA twice, more than enough for my lifetime.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I had to vote because this is my polle. Not that i HAVE to but it just seams right. So i said yes just because i can go to it more.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i am hearing that there is alot coming in the future... maybe an overhaul of the many areas of the park...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

daleycss is offline A-Ticket holder

sorry for straying off the cars land discussion, but doesn't it make more sense to change mama melrose's into the swedish chef restaurant? it could still be a nice sit-down, but with elegant muppet flair... because if you switched pizza planet out for swedish chef, then what would you do with mama melroses? it still wouldn't fit the area....
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Disneydreamin25 is offline A-Ticket holder

I just returned from WDW last Tuesday and after walking through the One Mans Dream exhibit I talked To a very knowledgeable person working the exhibit. He squashed the rumor cars land is coming to wDW. They want it to remain exclusively in California for sometime to make it a stination to go there for a while. The relocation of one of the main imagineers from the Carsland project to Florida is actual to start discussions and the thinking of what to do with Avatarland.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneydreamin25 View Post
    I just returned from WDW last Tuesday and after walking through the One Mans Dream exhibit I talked To a very knowledgeable person working the exhibit. He squashed the rumor cars land is coming to wDW. They want it to remain exclusively in California for sometime to make it a stination to go there for a while. The relocation of one of the main imagineers from the Carsland project to Florida is actual to start discussions and the thinking of what to do with Avatarland.
    That was very good of you to ask and i do think you got a good anwer. But maybe he (or she) just dosen't know. I mean i just have to keep that door open but that was a good post.

mkcoughlan is offline D-Ticket Holder

I think it would just be more money spent when we just are getting the Fantasyland expansion and the theme just doesnt fit in with Disney World, also i think they should save the space for something different, new and exciting.
    “What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”

"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?"

-Walt Disney

i-neighborhood Guest

Love the Muppets but I thought the 3D was lacking. Star Tours 3D is awesome. Pizza planet and Mamas can be gone, gone, gone. Both disappointments IMO.

Cars. Who knows. I know that its said that its the most expensive attraction of all time by Disney. I wonder if they would invest that much dollars. I do agree replacing some attractions with new ones could only be for the better.

I like Indiana Jones.

I wonder why they didn't just revamp Test Track into a Cars but not really the proper venue, but then EPCOT isn't what was originally intended.

Any word on the rumors?

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I think we're living in an economy where every new E Ticket is going to be the most expensive attraction they've ever built. They have to be willing to invest big dollars if they want to build anything that's going to blow the doors off.

Test Track isn't tied into Cars (or any other franchise) because GM is funding that pavilion, and if they're footing the bill they want advertising. Putting Lightning McQueen in that attraction sells Cars merchandise, not Camaros.

i-neighborhood Guest

I understand Gm is footing the bill. but its not exactly a lifetime guarantee or necessity for GM or Disney, but I get what your saying.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yes, but they are the current sponsor. And there is no way they would have continued to sponsor that pavilion if Disney tried rebranding it with one of their own properties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast