Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Adding to "Pirates of the Caribbean" in the News & Rumors forums; I think I'm with rosworms on this one--I'd be resistant to change of any sort to the ride. Last time I was down there on my favorite stomping grounds, I ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    I think I'm with rosworms on this one--I'd be resistant to change of any sort to the ride. Last time I was down there on my favorite stomping grounds, I noticed that my favorite pirate, the hairy-legged bloke over the archway, was sporting a new head. It didn't sit well with me at all. I talked with every cast member in the striped socks who didn't seem that busy to try to find out what had happened. No one seemed to know for sure, but they all knew exactly what I was talking about.

Here's hoping it's just some kind of maintenance, and that the old noggin will be screwed back on in short order.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Like rosworms I do not like change. But to me DisneyWorld/Land would just become boring if they never change out the rides. I like the fact that "Walt" Disney wanted his theme parks in the now instead of the past.
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 06-30-2005 at 01:01 AM.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Put me in the traditionalist camp...I definitely don't want to see any more classic rides being re-vamped or eliminated. However, I would be in favor of one Jack Sparrow animatronic, kind of as a "nod" to the movie. I think something fairly subtle and not in-your-face, maybe an animatronic in the jail cell, would preserve the ride as a classic while offering something to fans of the movie. Just my two cents.

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder

General up keep.

I think the rides should general stay as is. but when something new and imporved does come along they should change it. like in Potc new fresher looking AA would not be bad as long as the ride is the same. I think there is no problem with this cause at some point the AA will become completely outdated. so general up keep is what they should do.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I wouldn't want any rehab's here... based on the fact that it takes FOREVER to do so. Look at small world. Beyond the queue area they really only re painted the set and that was closed for months!! Could you imagine scheduling a trip a year in advance just to find out later on that POC will be closed for rehab??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Sometimes change is just was to difficult to deal with. Especially something as close to your heart as Disney is to all of us.
    I agree that a total change out would disturb me, but improvements and even little additions would be tolerable. But I want my neices and nephews (like I have more than 1 of each - I don't) to see and enjoy the same things I did when I went as a kid.
    I know there are some Spaceship Earth fans here, but that thing needs a major overhaul and update.....

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    I know there are some Spaceship Earth fans here, but that thing needs a major overhaul and update.....
    If the touch the big ball I may die... They have already tweaked the return trip to earth.. that is enough!!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    If the touch the big ball I may die... They have already tweaked the return trip to earth.. that is enough!!!
    You have nothing to worry about I hear that it's one of the most popluar rides in DisneyWorld. But it would be nice if the tear down the mickey hand so all you see is the big ball.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I don't mind updates, as long as they are well done. POTC, SE etc.... just do it well or don't bother!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Sometimes change is just was to difficult to deal with. Especially something as close to your heart as Disney is to all of us.
    I agree that a total change out would disturb me, but improvements and even little additions would be tolerable. But I want my neices and nephews (like I have more than 1 of each - I don't) to see and enjoy the same things I did when I went as a kid.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    You have nothing to worry about I hear that it's one of the most popluar rides in DisneyWorld. But it would be nice if the tear down the mickey hand so all you see is the big ball.
    Oh yes, let's yank that wand off SSE.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think minor tech updates would be ok, as long as nothing really looks drastically different...i can understand wanted to keep up to date for competitions sake..but as a warning to wdw i have one word to say: FIGMENT!!!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I realize that I am in the minority here, but I really like the hand on Spaceship Earth.

(I'm crawling back into my hole now.)
    They call me "Nana"

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I cpould live with thewand on Spaceship Earth, maybe even like it, but I'm really not fond of the impact of Leave a Legacy on the entry plaza, at Epcot.
    As for the broader topic of change as the saying goes "the devil is in the details", some changes I like other less so, and some not at all.
    Specific changes to the POTC? A pair of dueling figures like the ones in DLP's POTC one being a Johnny Depp, yep that sounds good, additional POTC figures to "round out" the seven deadly sins (as was done at Disneyland a few years back, with AA removed from the World of Motion ironically enough) that would be good also. I'll ot dwell on negative possibilities as actually they dont seem all that likely to be seriously considered for this attraction.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Having a CJS in POTC would be cool as long as he doesn't draw away from the rest of the attraction. I don't want anyone touching my pirates. They can update technology but any drastic change will change my feelings about Disney. Walt designed POTC and it needs to be kept the way he had it.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast