Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Adding to "Pirates of the Caribbean" in the News & Rumors forums; the fire alarm rehab is currently on going we still has several weeks left and even more items that can't be added to we have a prolonged shut down period. ...
    mrturkey35 is offline A-Ticket holder
    the fire alarm rehab is currently on going we still has several weeks left and even more items that can't be added to we have a prolonged shut down period. Most of the AA figures are very primative the only AA that gets a constant rehab is the auctioneer.

"Strike your colors you blazing witch, no need to expose your super structure!"

Spoke with maintanance

While I was waiting for the ride to shut down on Halloween night I sat around and spoke with some of the guys that work on Pirates on a nightly basis. I asked them about the whole rehab issue as far what was actually to be added and when it was supposed to happened. They said that there is a short shut down scheduled for the beginning of the year and possibly another shut down shortly there after. They said that the Jack Sparrow AA was to be added but due to not having rights to all the aspects of the movie characters. Johny Depp was to be added to several scenes on the ride and other aspects of the movie such as the monkey was to be added. I was also shown a video that shows the differences between WDW Pirates and DL Paris, the differences where night and day. After seeing the fluid movement available and shown in Paris ours here in Florida's lok like junk. The AA units in Paris move almost human-like, so realistically in fact that they look like actors and not "robots." Other information was given but I'll post all that later.

very interesting stuff.....please keep keeping us informed!!!!

spec is offline A-Ticket holder
    During my stint, there was no talk of a complete rehab - "traditionalists" would go nuts, we were told. For example, when Toad was taken down, people chartered single-props to fly banners around Orlando about how "Disney killed Toad."

Rumors floating around the cast concerning the Jack Sparrow figure concerned it being placed somewhere in the queue, not on the attraction itself.

But that could have changed.

spec

Although it was never set in stone, the Jack Sparrow AA would be added to the ride. As far as a "complete rehab", trust me the ride needs it. If the figures would be in dire need of repairs and updates. Its pathetic but people who work on the ride have the hands full dealing with political b.s. in order to do some of the things needed to the ride. I personally believe that Jack Sparrow should not be added but that the newest technology be added so as to make the ride just that much better.

I'll keep bringing POTC info as i get it but right now I was sent over to Haunted Mansion for the shut down.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Look for an updated rumor on POTC in our next podcast!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    i can't wait!!!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

potc update may not happen

The rumor of the WDW POTC getting the rehab is more accurate than the Disneyland POTC getting the rehab. The Wicked Wench was to be changed into the Black Pearl were Barbossa and his monkey was to be added. Unfortunately after speaking with workers on the ride they said that the rehab was supposed to start early this year and that Disney had not yet purchased the rights to use the fascades and names on the ride.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Interesting topic. I have some JPEGs of imagineer designs for a POTC movie based water park. When I get home I can post them.

As far as the sacrilidge of changing Disney Classic rides. I believe that these rides have become artistic landmarks of americana, and just aren't simple "rides". I side on the fact that they should not change HM or POTC, it's like, why don't do they update the look of the white house? Or maybe paint it green? As much I hope and think they won't touch some of the classics, we all know it's happened as with the Enchanted Tikki room, now the Enchanted Tiki Room under new management. (or TETRUNM for short.)

I think maybe they should find space to import or make new HM's (bring the DLP version and squish it in Fronteir land. Or put it on Tom Sawyer's Island.

I can say for Certain that HM would go from favorite to most hated if they put Eddie Murphy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    Interesting topic. I have some JPEGs of imagineer designs for a POTC movie based water park. When I get home I can post them.
    Really??? I was just talking about this being a good idea on the Be the Interviewer thread the other day. This I think would be an ideal concept and design for a water park! I would love to see the JPEGs you have, can't wait to see them!

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I agree w/ not actually putting characters from new movies into old rides. It doesnt seem to work for me. The moves came from those rides. Its like the moves are sequels to the ride. They should b 2 totally seperate things just w/ an overlaped theme, not overlaped characters unless they are just a reference like how they say in the pirates movie that the dog will never come bc it never does in the ride. And as for updating the anamatronics, they should make sure not to change the essence of the characters. just try to change the insides and not the exterior. They look so great(such as the leg hair. ive always wondered if that really felt as good as it looks) They do proboly need an update, but part of disney are those characters too.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

It's actually not really the Imagineers that come up with and influence all these ideas. Most of the times it these "creative" artist people for whom I can't remember there official titles. All they are really are pain in the butts. Like just this week when we were wrapping up HM rehab and finishing the Fire Alarm system there, one of these "artists" had many complaints about where we located out devices. We have to by law and code install them in certain areas, heights and facing in ceratin directions. They were mad about placement in the stretch rooms and several other places "saying that it took away from the magic." Magic or not its code and we have to do it. Sorry for the rant but i figure I give a little more info.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Did you guys hear the rumors and my take on POTC that I mentioned in the last podcast? If so, let me know what you think!

www.MouseTunes.com

(You can now listen right through yoru web browser at http://www.mousetunes.com/mousetunesradio.php

Also, be sure to call and leave us a voicemail message, comment, question, etc. at (407) 965 - 5568

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I've been on both POTC here in Florida and Disneyland in California. After waht i've seen is capable of the AA, I think that just simply updating the AA's themselves on the ride is all that is needed and not the adding of the movie characters.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Red face Shocker...

Can you believe that in all our visits to WDW, we have never been on Pirates!!!

I don't know how we've missed each time???

We certainly won't be missing it next time - unless we are unfortunate that it is 'Closed for Refurbishment'!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast