Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Adding to "Pirates of the Caribbean" in the News & Rumors forums; a while ago a friend of mine told me that a cast member had spoken of them addin a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic to "POTC" in Disneyland, they might add ...
    Walt's Shadow is offline A-Ticket holder

Adding to "Pirates of the Caribbean"

a while ago a friend of mine told me that a cast member had spoken of them addin a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic to "POTC" in Disneyland, they might add one in Florida, how do y'all feel about that?
    Sincerely,
    The Man in Walt's Shadow

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ya ive heard that too, personally I think it would be a great addition,I loved the movie, especially since the sequel is coming out soon
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welocme Shadow!

I had heard something about this also but it was not supposed to happen till after the sequel to The Black Pearl...still....you never know what's gonna happen tho
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    p.s. walts shadow: your the man who is in the shadow of the man behind the mouse haha sorry thats kinda funny
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    the man who is the shadow of the man that owns the shadow of the mouse who he too owns and in turn, owns his own shadow as well...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I think that'd be a great idea as long as he/they look exactly like the real thing and not some president with a woman's wig.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If it's just going to be one additional AA in the ride, then I think that is fine. Especially if the AA bears a striking resemblance to Mr. Depp...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Shadow
    a while ago a friend of mine told me that a cast member had spoken of them addin a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic to "POTC" in Disneyland, they might add one in Florida, how do y'all feel about that?
    Having Captain Sparrow in the ride would be so cool. Too bad they cannot redo the hole ride to look like the movie.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    That is actually a better question? Should Disney start to redo their older rides to make them look better and more realistic? We know they have more superior audio-animatronic figures already in other attractions. Would there be a huge uproar if they began making rides like the Haunted Mansion more relaistic...Peter Pan's Flight look way better...or even Spaceship Earth? I am sure there would be a divide between the traditionalists and the newer generations thirst for better effects. What does everyone else think?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Passarino6
    Would there be a huge uproar if they began making rides like the Haunted Mansion more relaistic...Peter Pan's Flight look way better...or even Spaceship Earth? I am sure there would be a divide between the traditionalists and the newer generations thirst for better effects. What does everyone else think?
    I don't see why the two cannot co-exist. I don't think any of the rides need to be totally updated, but a few effects here and there would nice.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    noooo!!!
    am i the only one that thinks this is horrible?
    Don't change it! It's POTC! It should stay the same forever! maybe upgrade the technology every once in a while, but that's it. Don't change characters and stuff.
    Goodness... it would just be different, and I don't like different. We've already lost or changed too many of the classic rides. Leave this one alone.

What's next? Add Eddie Murphy to the Haunted Mansion? *sigh* sheesh.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    noooo!!!
    am i the only one that thinks this is horrible?
    Don't change it! It's POTC! It should stay the same forever! maybe upgrade the technology every once in a while, but that's it. Don't change characters and stuff.
    Goodness... it would just be different, and I don't like different. We've already lost or changed too many of the classic rides. Leave this one alone.

What's next? Add Eddie Murphy to the Haunted Mansion? *sigh* sheesh.
    Walt Disney always liked change. If he lived longer, POTC would been changed like everyelse in this world.

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    Walt Disney always liked change.
    but..... *pout* I don't like change.
    When I re-arranged my room, I couldn't sleep and I went crazy and put it back to how it was at 1am... and I had school the next morning.
    A new animatronic will be even worse.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I think that little changes are one thing, but drastically redoing rides would be a problem. When Alien Encounter went to Stitch, everyone had issues with it. If they just changed a few things to make them look better, I think it would be ok. I think that is how everyone will coexist here. I'm not saying take out the Auctioneer in Pirates...just make his movements better or his face better etc. Let's face it, things look old. Some of us like them that way, but new generations will want things that look better and newer.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Shadow
    Welcome to the boards!!! That would be great to add CJS to PoTC.!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast