Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss disney ghosts? in the News & Rumors forums; You may enjoy this site, if you have not already found it: http://theshadowlands.net/places/florida.htm Some of the places are close to where I live: Florida Southern College in Lakeland The Old ...
    rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You may enjoy this site, if you have not already found it:

http://theshadowlands.net/places/florida.htm

Some of the places are close to where I live:
    Florida Southern College in Lakeland
    The Old Bartow Courthouse
    Spook Hill in Lake Wales

Interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    ya I must have been checking it for like 3 years now.. it's a keeper.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    also if your riding POTC and you say Goerge isnt real it is said that the ride will break down..... I did this last year and the ride actually did stop for a cople of minues!
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was looking on the site I posted earlier and noted two WDW ghost stories. Click on the link and scroll down to the Orlando section. I knew about the George story but not about the walking Castle ghost.

EDIT: there are two other stories in the Orlando section: one about a pair of Spaceship Earth ghosts and one on the Tower of Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaster
    also if your riding POTC and you say Goerge isnt real it is said that the ride will break down..... I did this last year and the ride actually did stop for a cople of minues!
    Last edited by rvastro; 07-05-2005 at 10:40 PM.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    There's an interesting discussion about the ghosts that supposedly inhabit Disneyland at Stupid Guest Tricks right now. It's shapin' up to be good!http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/vb3...0&page=1&pp=10

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Don't get me wrong, I love a good ghost story and I'm a big HM fan...

But honestly, there's no such things as ghosts, HM is closest your going to get.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    Don't get me wrong, I love a good ghost story and I'm a big HM fan...

But honestly, there's no such things as ghosts, HM is closest your going to get.
    How do you know that?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    there's no such things as ghosts...
    ... I mean,

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    but honestly, there's no such things as ghosts.

So not true!!! I live with one.. She is an older lady who means NO harm.... The house I live in(built in 1865 a two family house) is my Grandparents where they still live downstairs... Nothing strange happens in their house only in mine.. Except you can always hear someone talking and walking around up stairs... in my house... well it's a differnet story.. She loves to play tricks on people.. She will change the clock on the microwave, turn on her favorite show (Forensic Files), open cubbard doors, ring the door bell (NON STOP), hide things (wallets, shoes, tv remote, etc) under the matress, and poke you when you are not looking... which most of my family thinks that I am crazy.....

But I was able to proove them ALL wrong!!! One night after mopping my floors earlier that day I was in the kitchen and I noticed a weird footprint on the floor.. I called my DH in to look at it and compare his foot to it.. Neither of our feet matched the print... The foot was long and skinny with pointed looking toes.. it was only the right foot.. So I called my mother and grandmother to come look for themselves.. Pretty soon I had almost my entire family down at my house checking out the foot print.. It was a pretty amazing site.. The entire floor was spotless from my earlier mopping and now I had footprints (10 of them) in a random pattern but only of the right foot all over the floor.. After that night my family now thinks that I am crazy for living there..

I just tell people she means no harm... so let her be... I am the 5th family member to live in that house since 1965 when my grandparents bought it and each of us can account for a multitude of strange happeneings!!! But never once did she hurt anyone or anything..

How do you know she's old, and female? I'd like to hear more and if this were to happen to me, I'd be asking PumpkinJack for a third bedroom!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Man, that freaks me out! Any idea who she is?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You wouldn't be the first person in the world to try to write off questionable events as the "supernatural". Infact, the majority of the world base their whole life on magic and the supernatural, I've just developed a kean sense of reason.

I've gone out seeking the supernatural, I've been to "Haunted" graveyards, Haunted Houses.. everything I've encountered could be explained off with good ol' reliable reason and science. Including glowing eyes in a haunted barn. Here's my story:

It was 2am at night, the night of a full moon. My friends and I peered into the barn, which had been standing in historical newport for over 100 years.. the occasional bat could be seen darting in and out of the top hay door. Staring back at us through the delapated doors were two glowing eyes, illuminating the barn. Occasionally dissapearing into thin air and reappearing. Some of my friends ran, some stayed glued to the spot and whispered in fright...

You know, I don't know why, if ghosts were true, why anyone would be scared of them. How many deaths by ghosts per year: 0, Per century: 0.

So with logic in hand I ventured into the barn.... thinking amusingly on the story of the barn.

A two minute walk down the dirt road leads to an old church cemetary, where a lone grave stone stands with the only words on it "Pray for the soul of the priest who's body lies here." No dates, no names, the only remarkable feature is the head of the wolf ornately carved onto the gravestone itself. It's been said that the priest lost his life in that very barn.. to a wolf.. with blood red eyes. A wolf some said was sent by witches, others claim Satan himself sent the wolf to destroy the good priest.

Now keep in mind, this very barn that has stood for over 100 years is now surrounded by cemetaries, it is said to be cursed, haunted, a gathering for lost souls who wander the graveyard.

So in I ventured to gaze upon the supernatural.....

The whole story is true, I can give you addresses and directions to all the above locations in Newport RI, where I grew up. And if you go there, at night, I suspect you will see the eyes of the wolf.

Trust me, you don't have ghost, but a very active imagination playing a good game with you.

Let me know if you want to hear the rest of the story.

-Tom
    Last edited by Ultimatewdwfan; 07-25-2005 at 11:06 PM.

definitily.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Well, JLTraveling and I have debunked the George rumor, we tried several ways.

We said George doesn't exist as we got in the line, we said he doesn't exist when we got in the boat, and we said he didn't exist right before the drop,

we both said it, I was currently still working there (just in case a CM had to say it) and we didn't have any problems.

Kind of disappointing, really, I'm a huge supernatural fan

bigfoot, nessie, aliens, ghosts, chupacabra, you name it and i probably believe in it
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    How do you know she's old, and female? I'd like to hear more and if this were to happen to me, I'd be asking PumpkinJack for a third bedroom!
    In 1987 there was a large fire that destroyed 8 homes and 2 businesses in my neighborhood... the last house to burn down was my other grandparents house that was located about 5 feet away.. Their house was brick and burned to the ground.. My house is made of wooden shingles and was not harmed... Due to some major water damage my family did have to gut some of the house and rebuild the walls.. One night my 3 Uncles were coming to do some work on the house when they saw a older woman on the enclosed back porch.. Thinking somone was breaking in they enterned the house 2 from the back and one from the front... No one was inside and all the doors were still locked.. You need a key in order to look any of the doors from the outside... And since I live on a second floor I doubt the old lady decided to take a plunge out of the window especially since we did not see any bodies in our yard.. So yes she was seen and she is real..

You will not see her often as I have only seen her once in 3 years that I have lived there .. I was sleeping when she appeared in my room.. I thought I was dreaming at first but then I realized I was completely awake... She doesn't look at you she just passes by..

For people who do not believe then they can do just that... There is no proof that spirits exist or do not exist... You can argue your points and state your sense of reasoning behind all strange and unusual occurences till you are out of breath.. I know what I have seen and what I have experinced.. Until someone is in the same position then their opinions are just that.... opinions....

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    Man, that freaks me out! Any idea who she is?
    I would like to one day do a little research on the house since it was built in 1865 I'm sure there is great history ... I have already discussed this with a um... ghost "detective" if you will.... But actually finding out information kinda creeps me out... I rather go on w/ out knowing... Maybe when I move out I will do so...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast