Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss disney ghosts? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan You wouldn't be the first person in the world to try to write off questionable events as the "supernatural". Infact, the majority of the world base ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    You wouldn't be the first person in the world to try to write off questionable events as the "supernatural". Infact, the majority of the world base their whole life on magic and the supernatural, I've just developed a kean sense of reason.

-Tom
    I'm sorry.. I was not aware that you were an expert... Please forgive your ignorance...
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 07-26-2005 at 07:25 AM.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I'm sorry.. I was not aware that you were an expert... Please forgive your ignorance...
    Oh joy, nice stab pal.

The rest of my story about the barn:

I wandered in to the barn and made my way to the two glowing red eyes. Upon close examination, it turned out to be a power box with two red lights that was charging some type of generator. No ghost, no magic, no demon.. just your basic conjuration from the wizards at radio shack.

As far as another ghost story, and the one which prompted my interest in tales of the supernatural, this is one is about my house.

The previous owner of the house I grew up in was an elderly lady whom passed away in our bath tub. Her body was found weeks later when the mail piled up and prompted the mail man to call the authorties.

My brother's room was common wall to the bathroom and once in a while it would have a red tinted moisture running down the walls. It ruined his awards hung to the wall.

I slept in the basement, one night I awoke and saw a strange mist in my room (I was sixteen at the time), the mist slowly condensed into the far corner of the room and formed the head of an old lady, the lady slowly opened her mouth.. to which I promptly covered my head with the blankets.. in the morning she was gone.

Two weeks from the day, my friend was sleeping over (he was in sleeping bag right next to my bed), once again I woke up, and once again I saw the mist. This time it started to gather right in front of my bed, and it formed a hand. A ghost like hand.. I reached out and slapped it.

OWW! My friend said, he was stretching and had his hand up.

Our minds can play tricks on us, especially during the time you are half awake, half asleep.

There is a reason the supernatural will never be proven, because it doesn't exist. They make for good movies and stories though. (and a kick a$$ WDW ride) Society has groomed most people to believe in the supernatural, and what pi**es me off is the people that go out and scam people, making money off false beliefs in the supernatural. Palm readers, ghost hunters, tarot card readers, voodoo doctors.. I mean come on, someone do the people a favor and shut them down.

The closest evidence for ghosts is at the Utah Ghost hunters website, google it. Listen to their story. But even they could be bunk... easily.

I'll still continue my search for the supernatural and some actual evidence. Billions of dollars are spent in the Scientific research community.. ever wonder why they don't try to make a ghost detector.. or even a god detector. It seems that with so many people believing these stories that someone would try. They don't because stories aren't worth spending a dime on. Let's try to cure cancer and discover the origin of the universe first.

Oh joy, nice stab pal.

Stab at nothing... just a simple reply towards your keen sense of reasoning... assuming the majority of the world, my self included... Just living our delusional lives pondering the almighty question of afterlife here on earth... well... to each their own I say... you should not try to question or disprove others beliefs...

Originally Posted by Ultimatewdwfan
    You wouldn't be the first person in the world to try to write off questionable events as the "supernatural". Infact, the majority of the world base their whole life on magic and the supernatural, I've just developed a kean sense of reason.

-Tom

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I think ghost stories are fun to tell but I truly don't believe in them. I watch Ghost Hunters and Haunted History, etc and read ghost books just for fun, but I don't believe you can come back to earth after you are dead and haunt people. I believe in, for lack of a better word, spirits : demons and angels. I do believe I have a guardian angel and if I have ever seen her it was at Disney World (won't go into the story unless someone cares). I don't have any evidence to back any of this up so please no flames, I am just stating my opinion. For an evil presence in a house, I would say it was a demon and for non-evil presences, it could still be a demon sent by Satan to make people believe they can come back to earth after they are dead instead of going to Heaven or ****.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    . I don't have any evidence to back any of this up so please no flames, I am just stating my opinion. .

no flames from this way...

so about your story....

In 1997, my family and I were at EPCOT. It was late at night, right before Illiminations. I had used to bathroom in Norway and unknowingly left my beltbag (fannie pack to others, give me a break it was the 90s) that had over $50 and my autograph book in there. As we were leaving Mexico my mom realized I wasn't wearing my beltbag. We ran back to the Norway restrooms and it was gone. We assumed that someone took it, but as we were running back to my family, a lady came up to us (I never saw her approaching) and asked if I had lost my beltbag. She then said that someone turned it in at the lost and found, then gave us directions there, and then told me to check my money because the guys running the lost and found eyed the $20. When we got to the lost and found it was there with all my money inside. As we were walking back to Mexico we were looking for her to thank her (we thought we might see her becuase Illiminations was about to start and we doubted she would leave to area) and then she appeared behind us and asked if I found it and if everything was still there. We thanked her and she said her name was April. My mom said she thought she may be my guardian angel, but even if she isn't, she was my guardian angel that night.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Stab at nothing... just a simple reply towards your keen sense of reasoning... assuming the majority of the world, my self included... Just living our delusional lives pondering the almighty question of afterlife here on earth... well... to each their own I say... you should not try to question or disprove others beliefs...
    Sigh... here we go.

First of all, you can believe in anything you like. If you want to say you believe that ice cream bikini women from Jupiter made the earth.. that's fine, you have the right to believe what ever you want. And if you don't want your theories challenged, don't type them in a DISCUSSION FORUM.

My beef, I said it before, is that people get all caught up in supernatural BS and then some JERK (insert real good curse there) comes along and takes advantage of them. So am I bad to want so badly for people not to get taken advantage of?

Hotline pyschics, ghost hunters, tarot card readers, religious leaders.. are all scamming the public. And I'm the bad guy for wanting to help people avoid these rip off artists. (and the ones that believe in their super powers are just dellusional)

I will always question or disprove someone's belief when I believe harm is involved. Financial, emotional or physical.

Are you ready to tell me you were fine with the 9-11 attacks? The terrorists believed that they were doing the greater good in the name of their diety. "To each their own" you say. Who's to say we are right and they are wrong... common sense that's who, and if enough people had it, we wouldn't have wars in the middle east, suicide bombing and beheadings.

That example is a little extreme, but it's true.

Believe in gods, demons, angels, ghosts.. what ever you want. But don't get upset at a person that says "maybe there's not" after you type "maybe there is".

This is a Disney forum, not a theology debate forum or even a supernatural forum. This isn't what Lou intended for the board.. if you feel the need spout your higher than thou BS, you can do so directly to me at tomwayne@optonline.net.

"Mister Blue bird on my shoulder, it's the truth, it's actual.. everything is satisfactual."
    Last edited by Ultimatewdwfan; 07-26-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Are you ready to tell me you were fine with the 9-11 attacks? The terrorists believed that they were doing the greater good in the name of their diety. "To each their own" you say. Who's to say we are right and they are wrong... common sense that's who, and if enough people had it, we wouldn't have wars in the middle east, suicide bombing and beheadings.

."
    Seriously... you have some MAJOR issues!!! That you have made quiet obvious!!! (just read the above!!!)

By saying that their something co-habitating in my home does NOT in any way shape or form cause bodily harm or DEATH to anyone... Does it?? No.. For you to bring up terrorist attacks well... I won't go there as this is a family forum!!!

ps.. To Lou.. Sorry that this is getting so far.. I have said my piece and now I am done...

Shows over!!!

There is no need for getting upset on this forum. We all have out opinions and would like to share them and we should be able to without disrespect from others on this thread. We need to all respect the opinions of others even if we disagree with them.
    - Hillary

Seriously... you have some MAJOR issues!!! That you have made quiet obvious!!! (just read the above!!!)

By saying that their something co-habitating in my home does NOT in any way shape or form cause bodily harm or DEATH to anyone... Does it?? No.. For you to bring up terrorist attacks well... I won't go there as this is a family forum!!!

ps.. To Lou.. Sorry that this is getting so far.. I have said my piece and now I am done...

Shows over!!!
    As I mentioned before, my email is there if anyone wants to address the issue further. The guy who says "I don't believe in the supernatural and illogical beliefs lead to illogical behavior" is warrent of being labled as having major issues? Sigh, I tried to let this all go, I can take a stab, as I did compliment on.. but when you keep poking me, I poke back.

Enough of the "SPIRITED" debate.. lol.

I did want to comment on the guardian angel story..

It seems Disney is full of them. I was at the lost and found, when a woman with tears in her eyes came up to the counter. She had lost her purse with over two thousand dollars in it, in cash.. all of her family's vacation money. Amazingly enough, some "guardian" angel turned it in, all the money intact.

I once found a camera worth over a thousand dollars, a digital SLR camera, sitting next to a bench in front of Cinderella's castle. I obtained a piece of paper and wrote a note down. I got infront of Pinocchio held up the note and my wife took a picture. The note read "I found your camera and your welcome" and I turned the camera in to lost and found. I always wished I could see his expression on getting the camera returned. Later that day on the way out I stopped by and the CM said he did indeed return for the camera and was estactic. No mention of my note though.

I think once people are in Disney, the atmosphere is inspiring for us to be better, kinder to people. I'm always amazed I can smile and wave at anyone in the magic kingdom and they will return the favor.. try doing that here in NYC, and you get the "stare" for sure.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    You do make some good points ultimatewdwfan, especially about the motivations of the terrorist scum, but that has little to do with the supernatural and your solid evidence that it does not exist in any form. I too spent many years of my life in search of the supernatural and, like you are convinced that 98% of what is claimed is false, whether intentional or not. . . . but what about the 2% that cannot be explained? Can you truly say that you have any other proof besides your own beliefs that nothing supernatural exists? Extreme faith that something does not exist can be just as misleading as those who place complete faith that something does exist. You may be right that this may not be the forum to discuss this but I had to chime in.
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 07-26-2005 at 05:19 PM.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    You do make some good points ultimatewdwfan, especially about the motivations of the terrorist scum, but that has little to do with the supernatural and your solid evidence that it does not exist in any form. I too spent many years of my life in search of the supernatural and, like you are convinced that 98% of what is claimed is false, whether intentional or not. . . . but what about the 2% that cannot be explained? Can you truly say that you have any other proof besides your own beliefs that nothing supernatural exists? Extreme faith that something does not exist can be just as misleading as those who place complete faith that something does exist. You may be right that this may not be the forum to discuss this but I had to chime in.
    Just email me if you really want to talk about it. Thanks.:mickey:

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I think without all the cursing and insults (though being called ignorant ain't so bad, just means you ignore what others don't), this discussion is valid.

I can't say I've seen a ghost, but I can bare witness to you the existence of Heaven and ****, and I also believed, no one gets left behind, no matter how many times they get it wrong, they just have to chose. Some take longer and are more stuborn than others.

Think of yourself as a magnet, and you've got positive and negative pulling at you. The only thing that seperates you from being a piece of metal, is free will. You can chose to go towards the pull of either or. Personally, I'd like to be pulled towards positivity if I can help it any.

(edit: not aiming at anyone.. just talkin')

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast