Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Avatarland DOA? in the News & Rumors forums; agreed. I just think Beastly Kingdomme, Australia, or Mysterious island would be better...
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Avatarland DOA?

agreed. I just think Beastly Kingdomme, Australia, or Mysterious island would be better
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Csmith041177 View Post
    I understand everyone's arguments. However, I am in favor of anything new in AK, whether it be Avatar related or something different. I'm not one of those who thinks AK is a half day park. However, I do think the park needs more attractions. Whatever gets me to that goal, i am for.
    If it is a full day park (more than initial visit) why would it need more attractions? Because it lacks attractions is the very reason it is a half day park to many.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Every park there is a half day park after your initial visit when you get right down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Every park there is a half day park after your initial visit when you get right down to it.
    I can easily spend an entire day and into a late evening in the Magic Kingdom even in off season. AK, not even a close comparison. I'd have to really cut out attractions I'd like to experience in the MK to pull it off in a half day.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

AK is a different experience. And it's meant to be.

It's a park to stroll and savor. Not one to spend your time running from attraction to attraction.

All people will have a different experience, but for me, I could easily cut out almost all of Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Monsters Inc. doesn't excite me, Stitch is an abomination, and nobody over the age of 6 in their right mind would stand in line for the Speedway. And while I have nothing against Philharmagic, Peter Pan, or Mermaid, none of them would be enough of a draw for me to bother with unless I've seen all the things I wanted to at that point. The Mine Coaster may help change that, but you see what I'm getting at.

At the end of the day, MK and Epcot are closer to true full day parks than Studios and AK, but everyone could make their own case for any of them.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I guess I am a kid at heart. I spent 3 FULL days at the MK during my last trip. I'm not ashamed to admit riding "it's a small world", WTP, and SWSA 3 times Then again, I probably did almost everything 3 times, except the "meh" stuff (like Stitch, which I didn't do at all, or Hall of Presidents).

I'm not a huge AK fan, but I like that it's slower paced than the other parks. I agree with Mo Noyz - I like going there in the middle of my trip, and taking it easier than the rest of the parks for somewhat of a break.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    I guess I am a kid at heart. I spent 3 FULL days at the MK during my last trip.
    I could never do that. I was in WDW this weekend. I hit Epcot at 9:00 when they let people in. I was done with the place, both sides, and at my rental car by 12:30. Three and a half hours... 1/3 day park.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

AK is a different experience. And it's meant to be.
    And that is why it has not been well received and a good chunk of the guests bolt after a few attractions. Disney's idea of built it and they will come has not turned this into a full day park for a good chunk of guests.

It's a park to stroll and savor. Not one to spend your time running from attraction to attraction.
    Blah! I don't buy into that Disney propaganda. Or the, guests told us this is what they wanted line either. You couldn't spend your time running around from attraction to attraction 'cause Disney never built them to run between. And if there was any credence to that spin Disney would not be pondering Avatar or expanding the park with attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    I guess I am a kid at heart. I spent 3 FULL days at the MK during my last trip. I'm not ashamed to admit riding "it's a small world", WTP, and SWSA 3 times Then again, I probably did almost everything 3 times, except the "meh" stuff (like Stitch, which I didn't do at all, or Hall of Presidents).

I'm not a huge AK fan, but I like that it's slower paced than the other parks. I agree with Mo Noyz - I like going there in the middle of my trip, and taking it easier than the rest of the parks for somewhat of a break.
    I park hop. I believe I spent some time in the MK everyday of my trip. Some of that was because the hours were longer at the MK and a couple of evening EMH and unexpected extending of park hours. There are many rides I will ride multiple times in the MK coupled with so much to do over the other parks. I'm sure that is why the attendance at the MK far outshines the other 3 parks.

AK has the potential to be a great park someday, they have just waited to long to expand it. Everest was a great start. The carnival area was a bust. AK is the park that Disney still doesn't know what it wants to be yet.
    Conservation station and its train ride for me was torturous. The long, leafy walk from the train to the handful of petting zoo animals sleeping and the odd building was beyond disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I could never do that. I was in WDW this weekend. I hit Epcot at 9:00 when they let people in. I was done with the place, both sides, and at my rental car by 12:30. Three and a half hours... 1/3 day park.
    What did you do this trip at Epcot? Did the WS open before 11:00? I actually enjoy Epcot and the WS in the evening. I tend to come into Epcot these days in the evening, hit the 3 E attractions for me anyhow, Eat at a TS, stroll, drink and watch illuminations. I've been hopping over from either AK or DHS day visits, then Epcot by night. I wound up at the WS several times during my last trip for dinner and wandering, drinking, wandering and chatting with my DS.

That's not "Disney propaganda", That's how I feel about AK. OK?

As for expanding the park with attractions as your new line of reasoning as to why it's a half day park, might want to reconsider it. Unless you're going to concede the MK was a half day park before last month.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    What did you do this trip at Epcot? Did the WS open before 11:00? I actually enjoy Epcot and the WS in the evening. I tend to come into Epcot these days in the evening, hit the 3 E attractions for me anyhow, Eat at a TS, stroll, drink and watch illuminations. I've been hopping over from either AK or DHS day visits, then Epcot by night. I wound up at the WS several times during my last trip for dinner and wandering, drinking, wandering and chatting with my DS.
    Got to the park at about 8:30 because I thought it opened at 8. Stood on line for about 15 minutes before the started with the confetti and country reps on the little motorized scooters. The only other time I got there early, they walked people over on a rope line to the split-off point near the Character Spot and left us there until 9. This time, we were free to go in at 8:50. I went in and rode the first ride of Soarin' (third person on line). From there, I walked on to the single rider line of Test Track. Then I walked on to the Green Team side of Mission: Space. After that, I decided to stop into Character Spot, which is being renovated. I waited through three families before I was let in to take pictures with Mickey, Pluto, and Minnie. No line, no waiting. When I got out, way different story. Then I walked through both sides of Innoventions, though I didn't do any of the attractions. Then I hit the Nemo ride. I'm convinced that it takes longer to walk to the ride than to ride the attracion itself. I tried going on to Journey, but the line was long. Even five minutes is too long a wait for that one, so I left. I decided to jump on Living with the Land. Even with an advertised 15 minute wait, it wasn't too bad. From there, it was about 10:30, and rather than leave and go back to Epcot for World Showcase, I hit the Art of Animation Store and checked out the pin station. Eventually, it was time to go to World Showcase at 11. I checked out Mexico but the line was stupid for that awful ride, so I left. I rode Maelstrom (five minute wait), and then walked over to get a snow cone over at Japan. Then I walked the rest of the way around World Showcase, stopping to get a picture with Mulan. I walked through Italy and France, though when I saw the boat to go over to Hollywood Studios, I tried to catch it but failed. The walk is a bit further than it looked. So rather than abandon my car in the fourth-row spot, I decided to just go back for it and use it for the day. I walked back to the front of the park and saw that the line for Spaceship Earth was insane, so I skipped it. Walked out of the park and back to my car for before 12:30 (maybe 12:15-ish?) and headed for the Studios. I think I managed to stay ahead of the crazy crowds that day, because as I left Test Track and Soarin', the wait times and Fast Pass distribution times both grew exponentially. But for the most part, I visited nearly everything I cared to see at Epcot, including all but two attractions (not including Turtle Talk), and walked past every single country. I don't feel as if I missed anything (you couldn't pay me to sit through any of the movies at Norway, China, France or Canada), and covered the whole place in a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the day.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I park hop. I believe I spent some time in the MK everyday of my trip. Some of that was because the hours were longer at the MK and a couple of evening EMH and unexpected extending of park hours. There are many rides I will ride multiple times in the MK coupled with so much to do over the other parks. I'm sure that is why the attendance at the MK far outshines the other 3 parks.
    I always spend around 6 days at the World. Since I have a pretty bare-bones trip, I don't mind spending full days in the parks but really wish I could hop one day between AK and EPCOT instead of having to spend a second full day at Ep or a full day at AK. The extra cost just isn't worth it, though, for one day. I'm typically in the parks from around 9-9:30 to 5 something. DHS and/or AK I leave a little earlier.

Hopping seems so much more convenient with the other parks, but I don't think I'd ever hop with the MK.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

That's not "Disney propaganda", That's how I feel about AK. OK?
    Hey, you were the one who stated it like it was a fact and didn't couch it in any way as feelings or an opinion.. "And it's meant to be."

Disney shirts parroted that phrase from the first month the park opened and guests fled by noon. I just never bought into the Disney Kool Aid.

As for expanding the park with attractions as your new line of reasoning as to why it's a half day park, might want to reconsider it. Unless you're going to concede the MK was a half day park before last month.
    Nothing in those sentences is cohesive. Manipulative yes, however I am not malleable. The sentences are creepity, with requests to reconsider and conditions that I concede. WTH?

AK has 19 attractions, because AK is low on real attractions Disney takes some large liberties and highlights trails, fake tree, and a dirt dig. While I'll wholeheartedly agree with 2 trails, the other two not so much. Actually I have a hard time breaking them up as separate attractions but whatever Disney must do, so be that. The tree in the MK is an interactive attraction, the AK tree, listed as an attraction not so much. IMO, a half day park with only a dozen take or give a couple real attractions that Disney vested themselves in creating.

The MK has many paths with beautiful trees and flowers along with all sorts of other horticultural elements. Disney didn't need to give each of these paths their own name and list them as attractions as the MK has 39 real attractions. The MK is Worthy of being crowned an all day park. AK, IMO, not at all. Some guests get snookered the first round and some actually just enjoy a $100 wander, but those seem to be few and far in between. Now if Disney wants to double the amount of attractions at AK and I'm not counting horticulture or dirt, then maybe I could consider it an all day park. And considering Disney is at least entertaining the idea of expanding AK, they too must finally recognize there has to be more to attract guests for a day than the current offerings.

Even if I adored the 19 attractions at AK, I could not stretch those particular attractions into a full day. How much vacation time would I devote to playing in the dig, walking the vegetation trail, petting the few sleepy animals in the petting zoo, or staring up at a fake tree through nets, well I wouldn't. My hopper pass to me is worth more after a half day in the MK or WS. And this is why now I spend several days of my vacation at Universal. Love or hate some of their attractions they don't tout dirt and plants as an attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Got to the park at about 8:30 because I thought it opened at 8. Stood on line for about 15 minutes before the started with the confetti and country reps on the little motorized scooters. The only other time I got there early, they walked people over on a rope line to the split-off point near the Character Spot and left us there until 9. This time, we were free to go in at 8:50. I went in and rode the first ride of Soarin' (third person on line). From there, I walked on to the single rider line of Test Track. Then I walked on to the Green Team side of Mission: Space. After that, I decided to stop into Character Spot, which is being renovated. I waited through three families before I was let in to take pictures with Mickey, Pluto, and Minnie. No line, no waiting. When I got out, way different story. Then I walked through both sides of Innoventions, though I didn't do any of the attractions. Then I hit the Nemo ride. I'm convinced that it takes longer to walk to the ride than to ride the attracion itself. I tried going on to Journey, but the line was long. Even five minutes is too long a wait for that one, so I left. I decided to jump on Living with the Land. Even with an advertised 15 minute wait, it wasn't too bad. From there, it was about 10:30, and rather than leave and go back to Epcot for World Showcase, I hit the Art of Animation Store and checked out the pin station. Eventually, it was time to go to World Showcase at 11. I checked out Mexico but the line was stupid for that awful ride, so I left. I rode Maelstrom (five minute wait), and then walked over to get a snow cone over at Japan. Then I walked the rest of the way around World Showcase, stopping to get a picture with Mulan. I walked through Italy and France, though when I saw the boat to go over to Hollywood Studios, I tried to catch it but failed. The walk is a bit further than it looked. So rather than abandon my car in the fourth-row spot, I decided to just go back for it and use it for the day. I walked back to the front of the park and saw that the line for Spaceship Earth was insane, so I skipped it. Walked out of the park and back to my car for before 12:30 (maybe 12:15-ish?) and headed for the Studios. I think I managed to stay ahead of the crazy crowds that day, because as I left Test Track and Soarin', the wait times and Fast Pass distribution times both grew exponentially. But for the most part, I visited nearly everything I cared to see at Epcot, including all but two attractions (not including Turtle Talk), and walked past every single country. I don't feel as if I missed anything (you couldn't pay me to sit through any of the movies at Norway, China, France or Canada), and covered the whole place in a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the day.
    Yeah, it was pretty busy I hear for MLK long weekend. Can't wait to hear your take on the New Test Track somewhere on the forums. Glad you got on.

*edit*

Forget it. If you're not lucid enough to see what you wrote, see what I wrote, and understand the similarities, it isn't worth my time trying to hold your hand and walk you through it all.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 01-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast