Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree5Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Avatarland DOA? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Yeah, it was pretty busy I hear for MLK long weekend. Can't wait to hear your take on the New Test Track somewhere on the forums. ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Avatarland DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty busy I hear for MLK long weekend. Can't wait to hear your take on the New Test Track somewhere on the forums. Glad you got on.
    As a quick blurb, it was a more visually appealing ride. However, the whole sim car bit is total rubbish. I went Single Rider, so I missed out on all of the 'excitement' of getting to design a car (yawn). At the very end of the single rider line, you can pause and briefly do a quicker design onto the plain white card they offer, but I didn't bother with that. Too much to do that day. I was on a full car (all six riders) and only three had cards. The ride doesn't change based on how the car is designed. I mean, it can't possibly change. There are six people on it. So all of the displays along the way reading how the car performed is bull. But the pretty lights inside get lost once you enter the outside area.

The other thing I noticed was that the video screen was on the fritz already. Even though it was just a picture of the seatbelt, the screen was full of static and kept blinking. I spent the rest of the ride checking out all of the scenery, so I didn't notice if the monitor was used for the rest of the ride (I was in the back).
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We're you honestly expecting the ride to vary based upon the difference in the created sim cars?

The point of the sim cars are for post show.

No, but why scan your card going in? They have six different people's cards scanned into the ride. They show some sort of bogus diagnostic reports along the way. If it's in the post show, I have never bothered sticking around to explore that pavillion's post-show area.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ah, I get what you're saying now. I really don't know why they have you scan the card as you're getting on the ride. Perhaps to verify it in the system? Complete the immersion? Who knows...

That still doesn't make the whole thing bogus, though.

There is no reason to use it. We should just call it what it is... a diversion while people are on the standby line.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Suit dismissed against Cameron this week, 2 more to go. Wonder if these suits are playing into the delays with AK Avatar?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I've got to believe that Disney has some sort of indemnity clause in the contract to protect them should Cameron somehow lose one of them.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Oh I am sure Disney does but it could very well be another monkey wrench in the whole Nightmare called AK Avatar.

It also isn't something that Disney isn't use to winning themselves in the long run or for that any other film company.

11 Pixar Films -- And the Movies They're Accused Of Ripping Off - 11 Points

50 Great Movies Accused Of Being Rip-Offs | TotalFilm.com

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Another project lapsing. Just build Australia,
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Another project lapsing. Just build Australia,
    Couldn't agree more.

But let's be honest, am I the only one who sees Outback Steakhouse as the sponsor?
    Veritas likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

But let's be honest, am I the only one who sees Outback Steakhouse as the sponsor?
    Likely they'll be bankrupt before Disney could ever build an Australia.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I've really racked my brain but I can't think of any good sponsors for a Australia pavilion. Even though they aren't actually from Aus. there's Fosters, but that would never happen. And I think Subaru has given up on getting anyone to believe they have anything to do at all with the land down under (plus GM already has it sewn up)....

Perhaps there is some major boomerang manufacturer from Australia that would be willing to help.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I've really racked my brain but I can't think of any good sponsors for a Australia pavilion. Even though they aren't actually from Aus. there's Fosters, but that would never happen. And I think Subaru has given up on getting anyone to believe they have anything to do at all with the land down under (plus GM already has it sewn up)....

Perhaps there is some major boomerang manufacturer from Australia that would be willing to help.
    Quantas. Especially if it is to increase tourism.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post

Some good ideas there!

I'd bet Disney would let Fosters sponsor in the WS! For the right dollar or if they or Australia agreed to build the pavillion like Morocco did.

Subaru could bring so many guests in annually if Subaru continues to hold their annual contests for Genius World Records for longest Subaru car parade. Imagine...Disney holding a middle of the night Subaru parade on property. Those Subaru enthusiasts are as spirited with their meet ups as PT Cruiser the crowd. Zoooom.
    Veritas likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345