Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Living Seas to Close in the News & Rumors forums; I just hope to god they leave the diving elements there. The two Oceaneering/UMEL JIM suits especially; The actual one and the replica. They're extremely rare pieces of deep diving ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I just hope to god they leave the diving elements there. The two Oceaneering/UMEL JIM suits especially; The actual one and the replica. They're extremely rare pieces of deep diving history, and I have family connections with their use. It would kill me inside to see Mousesurplus flogging them off unceremoniously on eBay.
    Last edited by 20K; 07-08-2005 at 07:07 PM.

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I hope they keep the Manatee exibit. I stood there for about 20 minutes watching them have a lettuce snack. They are pretty cool to watch in the wild too.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    I stood there for about 20 minutes watching them have a lettuce snack.
    I did the same thing though we also listened to a chick give a presentation on them so my time was like a half hour! I kept watching the one with a bad tail.

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I saw a pic of one of the tanks with some jelly fish in it--which tank is it? I would like to safely see one up close and not meet one over at Cocoa in the water..

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    How long do you think until that add other ______ talk attractions. Like other pixar characters, or maybe traditional animated characters. Because it's an amazing technology, and pretty cheap and easily adaptable, I'd guess (compared to building a coaster...)

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I want a talk attraction in my house...will give me someone to converse with besides a 2 yr old all day...J/K...I know how it works(sort of) but it would still be cool
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the update--good to hear----seacabs possibly coming back--cool

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow! We loved Turtle Talk on this last visit but a number of people in line were remarking on the bad lining area-took up so much space and not very convinient for those milling around, so I hope this is true!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I have to admit that I've never seen Turtle Talk, but it seems to be pulling the crowds back to the 'Seas, and by all accounts, it's superb. Improving its area? Fine. Recommissioning the seacabs? Excellent, go for it. Throwing out the diving and exploration elements?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I was wanting to spend some time there in Oct. I guess not. Time for Plan B I guess.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    This stinks. I was really hoping to see Turtle Talk when I go early Sept. now I have to wait until next June to see it. Man...the seacabs are cool though.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    hopefully this will give Soarin' some breathing room eh?

Not while TLS is closed though..

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the news. I am glad that they are refurbishing it. I am sure it will look great when it is completed.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Just one more reason for a return trip. But how can I convince my DH????

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Just read on the WDW site that The Living Seas will close on 21 August and be closed until the end of November.

Epcot
    Parades and Fireworks
    OPERATIONAL UPDATES

Turtle Talk with Crush will not be operating August 21 through late November, 2005 however we recommend "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience" as an alternative during this time.
    The Living Seas will not be operating August 21 through late November, 2005 however we recommend Living with the Land as an alternative during this time.
    Wonders of Life - open seasonally
    Body Wars - open seasonally
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 07-21-2005 at 10:09 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast