Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Stitches Great Escape in the News & Rumors forums; Screamscape reported a rumor yesterday that there was recently some filming taking place around Tomorrowland after hours. The rumor says that Stitch will be added into this footage to be ...
    Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder

Stitches Great Escape

Screamscape reported a rumor yesterday that there was recently some filming taking place around Tomorrowland after hours. The rumor says that Stitch will be added into this footage to be shown at some point during the attraction to show that he has actually escaped the building and is terrorizing guests riding the Astro Orbiter. They also said that 2 seperate versions, day and night, were filmed so that the video will corespond with the time of day you are seeing it.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

JoeCollege is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know when this will open? I miss Alien Encounter (even if you totally hated it, at least it was a great way to beat the heat.) and I want this to open... uh, by tomorrow. Because, yeah, I'll be there then.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I undertsnd soft openings will take place inthe fall, but no real date as yet (I hope maybe in September while I'm there!!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCollege
    Does anyone know when this will open? I miss Alien Encounter (even if you totally hated it, at least it was a great way to beat the heat.) and I want this to open... uh, by tomorrow. Because, yeah, I'll be there then.
    I have seen some pics on another site and it looks like there is still a lot of work to do in the outside waiting area, but didn't know how old the pics were.

I hope it opens soon too. I will be there starting 29 of September. The WDW site says announcement of previews will be made 31 August, or thereabouts.

For some reason my wife and I never thought AE was very scary (even the 1st time), but my son was scared to death when he first experienced it.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I wasn't attached to AE as say my husband. He's really going to miss it. I'm really looking forward to Stitch attraction! I love the little genetic experiment!!
    Last edited by Mandabella; 08-19-2004 at 04:17 PM. Reason: typo correction
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know what the premise of the ride is? Is it going to be similar to AE? I'm going with my 3 year old son and want to know if he will be able to go on it. I haven't read anywhere what age the attraction is for.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It will be much more kid friendly than AE. The kids love Stitch.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    It will be much more kid friendly than AE. The kids love Stitch. ...
    merchandise
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagar55
    Does anyone know what the premise of the ride is? Is it going to be similar to AE? I'm going with my 3 year old son and want to know if he will be able to go on it. I haven't read anywhere what age the attraction is for.
    From what I can gather it will be similar to AE, but with Stitch running around more and talking to you and being followed by a laser or some such and more wet effects/slime?.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The ride is supposed to take place before the events of the film, when Stitch is being held under arrest. By piecing everything together it seems to be the same general idea as AE (tricking your senses). Stitch is going to escape, climb around the room, lick people maybe, talk in your ear, etc... I undersatnd that part of the show includes those cannons from the movie which follow his dna (so expect him to spit). I also heard reports (as previously reported) that he will escape the building and terrorize people outside (which we will see on monitors).

The most recent Mickey Moniter was advertizing passholder previews and such, but only said that you had to go to the website for the dates. I've checked several times and it just says check back later. I would imagine it wouldn't be too much longer though. (there is also supposed to be some kind of exclusive passholder merch available during the previews, but I don't remember what it was.)
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

With the previews for AP's they usually have a limited edition pin of 5000 or so available to only AP holders

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Just my opinion, but everything I've read indicates that this still might be a bit rough on a 3 year old. I think there will still be the darkness component, which is enough to really send little ones over the edge. And then add to that the unexpected "surprises" and it could definitely end up with a bit of a meltdown.

My strong suggestion for anyone with a tot is to go on the ride or attraction yourself, alone, first. Only the parents really know what will frighten their kids, and no one wants to find out the hard way!

As an aside, and somewhat on topic, when we were at WDW in July, there was a construction fence in front of the Stitch attraction, and as you walked along you could sometimes hear Stitch yelling something from over the wall! Kind of neat that they piped that in to add to the anticipation of the attraction.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

I heard that one night when leaving the park. I had to stop and make sure I was really hearing him. They had put up some new signs for the attraction but they have been missing since the Hurricane.

JoeCollege is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just got back from Magic Kingdom (no pics, sorry.)

They have redone most of the front of the attraction so that it no longer reads "Tomorrowland Plantatary Convention Center". It now says something like "Galactic Alliance Prisoner Transport Center" which, IMO, doesn't fit the Tomorrowland "City of Tomorrow that never was" theme. Then again, neither does Space Mountain or Buzz Lightyear.

They will definitely need to update the audio for WEDWay "People Mover". Some construction was still being done on the exterior flooring to the attraction (Holding Room 1)

I'm curious what they'll do with all that space. Essentially, there was a initial holding room (where they showed the first X-S tech video), followed by the S.I.R. demonstration, followed by the final show room.

No probelm Joe. Just got from the MK and took a few pics of differnt things. Got Stitch as well. The sign now says: Galatic Federation - Prisoner Teleport Center

Sitich Entry Area

Sitich Logo / Banner

Galatic Federation Sign

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast