Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss And now a Facelift for DTD is the latest rumor in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I do wonder if Disney is clinging hard to the Avatar notion just to pull away from "real" animals and move the park forward to imaginary ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: And now a Facelift for DTD is the latest rumor

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I do wonder if Disney is clinging hard to the Avatar notion just to pull away from "real" animals and move the park forward to imaginary and/or animated critters and eventually pull completely away from the real zoo animals. It has taken them a while to realize Lions, Tigers and Bears are pretty much everywhere. Even in Epcot Seas there are fewer and fewer critters in the water.
    With Busch Gardens gone, there are less real animals in the area, which is good for Disney. You want fish? You've got an amazing display over at Sea World. Still, Disney counts on the sheep to line up for their free bus service to lock tourists away from all other attractions.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And in this week in history, 1975, Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village opened. Vintage photos.

Vintage Walt Disney World: Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village Opens « Disney Parks Blog
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

From the DVC Member Neighborhood News email today:
    Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members!

In case you missed the big news from Disney this month, I want to let you in on the fun. And I do mean fun - ABSOLUTELY HUGE FUN - for you and everyone in the family.

The Walt Disney Company announced the planned multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney® area into Disney Springs, which will bring an incredible array of new shopping, dining and entertainment options to guests of Walt Disney World® Resort, area tourists and central Florida residents.

Even more notable is that this unique family destination, which ultimately will include more than 150 shops, restaurants and other venues, sits directly across a shimmering lake from one of our most charming Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. That means Members vacationing at the Resort will be perfectly positioned to enjoy the magic of Disney Springs, literally just steps away. In fact, a pedestrian bridge will be added between the Resort and Disney Springs to create an easier and more convenient way for Members and Guests to travel back and forth (in addition to the boat shuttles operating on the lake). Of course, Disney Springs will be a welcome respite for all of our Members visiting the Walt Disney World Resort.

I am especially proud to have been intimately involved in the strategic planning for Disney Springs while leading the team at Downtown Disney. Throughout the process, it was clear to me that Disney Springs would be enormously appealing to Members of Disney Vacation Club and that we had a fantastic opportunity to connect our Members to this great new experience in unique and innovative ways.

Look for more information about Disney Springs in the summer edition of Disney Files Magazine, scheduled to begin mailing in May, and watch future editions of the magazine, as well as the Disney Vacation Club Facebook page, for updates as new details become available during the multi-year development process. In the meantime, I encourage you to learn more about the plans for this project by clicking here.

I couldn't be more excited about Disney Springs and how it will make your vacations with us even more memorable. By the way, construction is scheduled to begin next month with new areas opening in phases. The entire Disney Springs project is expected to be completed in 2016.

That's the big news for now. On behalf of everyone at Disney Vacation Club, thank you for your Membership. We look forward to welcoming you home very soon!

Sincerely,

Ken Potrock
    Senior Vice President and General Manager
    Disney Vacation Club and Adventures by Disney
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Give me back my Adventurers Club, Potrock, and I'll be a happy SSR owner.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    With Busch Gardens gone, there are less real animals in the area, which is good for Disney. You want fish? You've got an amazing display over at Sea World. Still, Disney counts on the sheep to line up for their free bus service to lock tourists away from all other attractions.
    Busch Gardens gone? What does that mean? Did it close?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Busch Gardens gone? What does that mean? Did it close?
    It seems to be alive and well. not sure what the post was about.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It seems to be alive and well. not sure what the post was about.
    I'm thinking he simply misspoke/typed. By what we were talking about I think he was speaking of the former
    Cypress Garden now Legoland Florida in Winter Haven???? I think. WH which isn't far from WDW. Both Cypress and Busch Gardens had relationships with various owners of both Sea World and Anheuser-Busch and they were both related to Circus World, which was once owned by Ringling Bros. & Barnum.

The three of these theme parks all had animals to varying degrees through the years and seemed to be governed and managed by Anheuser similarly. Busch was the first first and last of the three that Anheuser owned and the other two parks are now gone, one being Legoland and the other I think homes and retail, out of the park business altogether.

Anyhow, that is where I think he was going with his post or at least that is what I accepted it as since Winter Haven is so close to WDW Property, it seems to fit.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JEANYSANCHEZ is offline A-Ticket holder
    Miami, Fl are planning to move to Orlando, FL

What is Disney Springs and what is the story behind Disney Springs! I love that name Disney Springs!
    Jeany Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by JEANYSANCHEZ View Post
    What is Disney Springs and what is the story behind Disney Springs! I love that name Disney Springs!
    Scroll up a few posts and Supernova's post answers your questions.
    supernova and JEANYSANCHEZ like this.

JEANYSANCHEZ is offline A-Ticket holder
    Miami, Fl are planning to move to Orlando, FL

I read it and thanks for the interesting info! I can't wait to see Disney Springs in 2016.
    Jeany Sanchez

I always stay at Saratoga Springs for the final night during my visit (the other nights are at Wilderness Lodge), and I walk over to DTD from the Grand Stand area, which is basically the furthest point on the grounds. I always enter by the Christmas statue, and have never used the shorter way over to the West Side. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I was even over that the West Side. Until they do more with that area, it's totally useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I always stay at Saratoga Springs for the final night during my visit (the other nights are at Wilderness Lodge), and I walk over to DTD from the Grand Stand area, which is basically the furthest point on the grounds. I always enter by the Christmas statue, and have never used the shorter way over to the West Side. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I was even over that the West Side. Until they do more with that area, it's totally useless to me.
    In 2010 it was our first time over on the West Side since 2006. And I think then it was just because we had to park over there.

What's funny is that before we knew much about DTD, back in 99, we were staying offsite and visited DTD almost every night. We always got there from the WDW side, so the West Side was the first area we saw and parked over there. But we NEVER made it past Pleasure Island. So we had no idea about the Marketplace and I couldn't understand about the big Disney store everyone talked about since we never saw it...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We walked through Westside last time we were there, but only because the parking lot behind Cirque was the only one with available parking at the time. I do agree that there simply isn't much doing over there. It used to be my main haunt when Virgin was there. And the Blues Cafe was always a good bet for lunch.

Aside from that...

Oh, and Marketplace is decorated to the extreme during the Christmas season. Not so much on Westside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234