Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss And now a Facelift for DTD is the latest rumor in the News & Rumors forums; Major Facelift Planned for Downtown Disney - ParkRumors.com...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And now a Facelift for DTD is the latest rumor

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: And now a Facelift for DTD is the latest rumor

First, changes are great but for the sake of all things great and small...HOW ABOUT YOU FIX ALL THE BROKEN/RUNDOWN ATTRACTIONS BEFORE EXPANSION!!! Apologies for the all caps.

Now a couple of thoughts. Parking garages can be a positive and negative. It would be nice to be able to leave your windows cracked a little during summer visits to let the heat out of your car. Garages never eliminate congestion especially if you have to stop and get an entry ticket. Will you have to pay to park? Constructing a parking garage takes a significant amount of time. If the concern is the parking situation, what considerations are being made for the disruption that all the construction itself and the construction traffic will make?

It will be interesting to see
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

They have enough issues with car break ins and during the real late hours guest security, I wonder security layers they will add to parking garages.

It seems they are taking over areas of the Old PI adding for food venues and more stores. There is a list of applicants and rumor that Planet is going bye-bye.

And yes, fix your darn attractions is what I've been seeing posted all about.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-17-2013 at 12:28 AM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Maybe this revamp will actually happen. I looked forward to Hyperion Wharf hope this doesn't suffer the same fate.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I liked the vision of the Wharf however the reality is the Wharf could have been an even bigger hangout for the local naughty ones.

"Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm digging it!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I think DTD is like on it's eighth name. I like the idea of creating little parishes though and more that they will do something with the Pleasure Island area. Mostly I am excited to try Morimoto's...

I hope Morimoto's is better than Wolfgang Puck's. I know Wolfgang's is a popular place but I wasn't impressed.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I still don't get the need to update DTD, unless they're still trying to figure out how to compete with City Walk. Church Street used to be the place for locals and City Walk was for tourists. Now it seems that locals are going to City Walk and Church Street is a thing of the past. Pleasure Island had it's time, but it was more for a younger crowd. Me, I never liked Pleasure Island. So I always viewed DTD as a place to shop, not hang out. Even today, I rarely find myself walking up to, much less through Pleasure Island to the very end. Nothing to do down there, especially since Virgin is gone, and the "Disney" themeing stops before the bridge to Fulton's. Actually, most times I don't walk past the Lego Store. At least now the displays are Disney-based and not random depictions.

Overall, whenever I'm there, DTD is fairly packed, and often the lots are closed due to capacity. If you're going to try to bring in MORE people, they'll need to fix the parking problem.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I hope Morimoto's is better than Wolfgang Puck's. I know Wolfgang's is a popular place but I wasn't impressed.
    The main restaurant, or Express?

Express is one of the hidden gems of all of WDW, IMO. We try to eat there at least once every trip.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I still don't get the need to update DTD, unless they're still trying to figure out how to compete with City Walk. Church Street used to be the place for locals and City Walk was for tourists. Now it seems that locals are going to City Walk and Church Street is a thing of the past. Pleasure Island had it's time, but it was more for a younger crowd. Me, I never liked Pleasure Island. So I always viewed DTD as a place to shop, not hang out. Even today, I rarely find myself walking up to, much less through Pleasure Island to the very end. Nothing to do down there, especially since Virgin is gone, and the "Disney" themeing stops before the bridge to Fulton's. Actually, most times I don't walk past the Lego Store. At least now the displays are Disney-based and not random depictions.

Overall, whenever I'm there, DTD is fairly packed, and often the lots are closed due to capacity. If you're going to try to bring in MORE people, they'll need to fix the parking problem.
    Because if they don't, then all the cry babies who gnashed their teeth and ripped their clothes over the whole Hyperion Wharf thing will continue to grow more shrill and unhinged.

I'm with you, though. Just remodel the old clubs of PI into shops and restaurants and be done with it. And compete with City Walk? Who cares? As you said, DD is usually packed. How much more do they need to "compete"?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Disney can never really challenge CityWalk because the of the image... I know that Pleasure Island was their version of it but as it became a problem Disney dealt with it (maybe in not the right way... Closing it didn't seem to solve a problem but more like move a problem elsewhere) I think if Disney were really catering to their crowd I think the opening of Spiltsville was actually a start... Family friendly nighttime entertainment

Again, what is the "challenge"? Aside from the fact that the place is constantly packed?

Bring even more people in? They barely have the capacity for the crowds they get there already.

DD somehow needing to "challenge" City Walk is patently absurd. It's already packed. What are they challenging them for? Best Paint Job of 2013?
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-04-2013 at 01:07 PM.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

What i mean by challenge is in regards to demographic... CityWalk has the demographic of 18-30 locked up because of its nightlife and the image that Universal projects... Ever been to a Halloween Horror Night...? Full bars everywhere, people falling all over themselves... They can care less how this looks... Disney could never project such an image... thats what I mean by challenge... And I see you point about the capacity issues, but remember, Pleasure Island area is empty... completely...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast