Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Park Maps starting in March 2013 in the News & Rumors forums; Reported on March 3rd Disney will launch new park maps with a totally new appearance to the maps. It is being said that the maps will be visually similar to ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

New Park Maps starting in March 2013

Reported on March 3rd Disney will launch new park maps with a totally new appearance to the maps. It is being said that the maps will be visually similar to the maps currently available on the website and on apps having similar pictures and icons tied to the My Disney Experience.

I am curious how the castle will be classified. Years ago the Castle was listed as an Attraction. In recent years it has been categorized as a restaurants and dining venue.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Re: New Park Maps starting in March 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Reported on March 3rd Disney will launch new park maps with a totally new appearance to the maps. It is being said that the maps will be visually similar to the maps currently available on the website and on apps having similar pictures and icons tied to the My Disney Experience.

I am curious how the castle will be classified. Years ago the Castle was listed as an Attraction. In recent years it has been categorized as a restaurants and dining venue.

Well categorized as I can't see the Castle as an attraction except to look at it. "everyone say ewwww everyone say ahhhh"

I looked at the menu and quite frankly I was willing to pay the price for me and my son to have the "experience" but after a look at the menu, I don't think so. The description of what they use as a marinade or sauce or dressing, just don't appeal to me. So until I get my invitation to stay the night I'll take a pass.

I never got that thrill from Eating in the Castle. I understand why some do, me not so much. Back in the day as a fall perk we recieved free full breakfasts as part of our package. Character breakfasts included. So for free we visited the castle. Meh. That same year we also ate on the Empress Lilly. I enjoyed the character show far more than the meal.

Before they messed up the front of the castle with the stage we use to walk through the castle to Fantasyland.
    That was pretty cool for the kids.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

I never got that thrill from Eating in the Castle. I understand why some do, me not so much. Back in the day as a fall perk we recieved free full breakfasts as part of our package. Character breakfasts included. So for free we visited the castle. Meh. That same year we also ate on the Empress Lilly. I enjoyed the character show far more than the meal.

Before they messed up the front of the castle with the stage we use to walk through the castle to Fantasyland.

Well, I wanted to do it just to do it, but like I said the menu isn't appetizing to me. It's ashamed they put that stupid stage there. Couldn't they have build a stage that disappeared into the ground. You can still walk through that corridor if I'm not mistaken.

Here are the maps:

Disney park guide maps get a makeover – New design aligns with official app - Orlando Attractions Magazine

Knowitall182 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm digging the look of the maps. Lou also mentioned on the podcast that the ability to scan and download the my disney experience app almost encourages us not to pick up the paper map. Thoughts?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I actually do like the look... Not bad at all...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

i-neighborhood Guest

I'm still trying to resolve why attraction/ride closures are not available at a glance and only disclosed if you click on each individual item.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

A good app will take care of that.

i-neighborhood Guest

Hmm, I never thought of that. I wonder if their updated app does that. I haven't downloaded it yet maybe I will do that.