Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Yeti in A mode? in the News & Rumors forums; I saw another podcast I follow post something on twitter about a rumor that the Yeti at EE being in full operation mode. Anybody hear anything about this?...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeti in A mode?

I saw another podcast I follow post something on twitter about a rumor that the Yeti at EE being in full operation mode. Anybody hear anything about this?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Yeti in A mode?

I'd seriously doubt it.

1. We're talking cracked foundation here. They likely cannot fix that without a lengthy shut down.

2. If it were back in A mode, the intertubes would be blowing up with the news. Starting with Disney themselves.

Don't you think?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My son was told that a month or two ago also, went to AK several days later, nope. I don't understand why this one has legs, maybe guests don't know what it is supposed to look like since it has been broken longer than it was operational?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I normally wouldn't give this rumor any sort of credit, but it's a pretty respectable podcast so I just had to make sure.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Which podcast is it? I listen to quite a few of them but haven't heard this. Although to be fair, I'm running a few weeks behind on all of them except WDW Radio and WDWNT.

Inside The Magic. He hasn't mentioned it on the show yet, because it was just the other day. But looking at his twitter feed he has replies from people who swear they saw him in A mode and from those who said they didn't.

I'm sure they would love to find some way to get him in A mode for the 15 anniversary, but with that foundation crack I don't think there's any way they could manage it.
    Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 04-14-2013 at 08:26 PM.

I've always found Brigante's reporting to be incredibly spotty.

But, you're right. Foundation issues are not easy to fix.

At all.

Basically everything above it has to be dismantled, the repair made, then stress testing.

To do that inside an attraction like that would lead to an extensive closure. There's simply no way they can do that on the fly. The track itself is set on that foundation. It would have to be completely removed.

The thing that I enjoy about Inside is they are not anointed, so you tend to get some candid feedback. And then he does some things that makes me scratch my head and understand why he is anointed.

I had followed WDWNT for quite sometime but watching his total meltdown over use of HIS photographs by others that were ultimately copyrighted by Disney that he tweaked, but still copyright protected by Disney was too uncomfortable for me to continue to follow. No matter how many different sight owners tried to explain the more he lashed and melted and was such an embarrassing meltdown. Just really soured me and kinda demonstrated that even though we all make mistakes, he couldn't take ownership for being wrong, so my trust in his knowledge kinda gone.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I've never listened to WDWNT, but I really enjoy ITM. Of course Brigante isn't the perfect host and he does go gah-gah for the company at times when he maybe shouldn't.

I keep finding people on twitter who swear they've seen him in A mode. I wonder if these people are just wanting to see him so bad that they're imagining it, or just straight up lying...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The thing that I enjoy about Inside is they are not anointed, so you tend to get some candid feedback. And then he does some things that makes me scratch my head and understand why he is anointed.

I had followed WDWNT for quite sometime but watching his total meltdown over use of HIS photographs by others that were ultimately copyrighted by Disney that he tweaked, but still copyright protected by Disney was too uncomfortable for me to continue to follow. No matter how many different sight owners tried to explain the more he lashed and melted and was such an embarrassing meltdown. Just really soured me and kinda demonstrated that even though we all make mistakes, he couldn't take ownership for being wrong, so my trust in his knowledge kinda gone.
    Yeah, that Twitter war with WDW Magic was about as embarrassing as it gets. One could accuse Corless of being many things, but mature isn't one of them.

But, I don't really see how that changes his overall knowledge of WDW. (?)

He lives there now, so he's in the parks far more often than he used to be. And the podcast has remained pretty high in quality, even though Scarlett took a lot of getting used to. They've recently rebooted the dining discussion round table, and the first two have been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, that Twitter war with WDW Magic was about as embarrassing as it gets. One could accuse Corless of being many things, but mature isn't one of them.

But, I don't really see how that changes his overall knowledge of WDW. (?)

He lives there now, so he's in the parks far more often than he used to be. And the podcast has remained pretty high in quality, even though Scarlett took a lot of getting used to. They've recently rebooted the dining discussion round table, and the first two have been really good.
    It just changed my view about him as a person I wanted to spend time listening to. He now has that ick stink on him over that Twitter War. But he was willing to put his credibility on the line for the Twitter War. If he is that ill informed about copyrights when his sight is based mostly on photographs, I tend to now believe he is not just immature but a tad dense. Too many others to listen too that are brighter and care about their reputation and are respectful of others in the fan community.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post

I keep finding people on twitter who swear they've seen him in A mode. I wonder if these people are just wanting to see him so bad that they're imagining it, or just straight up lying...
    I wonder if they are testing out different lighting tricks. So many guests never saw Yeti operational so many just don't know what they are really looking for. A few might be making it up, I tend to believe it is more guests sharing what they think they saw vs what Yeti once was.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It just changed my view about him as a person I wanted to spend time listening to. He now has that ick stink on him over that Twitter War. But he was willing to put his credibility on the line for the Twitter War. If he is that ill informed about copyrights when his sight is based mostly on photographs, I tend to now believe he is not just immature but a tad dense. Too many others to listen too that are brighter and care about their reputation and are respectful of others in the fan community.
    No, I definitely hear you. I guess for me that minor flare up simply wasn't surprising. The question of his maturity went out the window years ago. He still takes pot shots at Lou regularly on his podcast. Also, there is a long history of hurt feelings between him and WDW Magic, as you may know.

Either way, the cat still knows his stuff when it comes to WDW, and his podcasts are almost always pretty high quality, warts and all. Cat just needs to grow up. Although I doubt Scarlett will be a calming influence, but since she is tied in with Lou via the Touring Plans sponsorship, she may be able to get him to lay off a little.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Call me sexist, but I always find women to drag down podcasts. Once they're added, the 'boys club' feeling drops and it becomes a less-than-credible news source. If I wanted to hear a mom's perspective, I'd call my mom. Men never take a 'dad's perspecitve' on the parks.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Not in this case. Marci Smith has been on there for years, and things didn't clean up much.

It hasn't changed any with Scarlett either. But, to be fair, they've always kept things in check just enough to avoid that "EXPLICIT" tag on iTunes. So it's not as though it was out and out raunch before. It's still basically the exact same show it was 5+ years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast