Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Illuminations leaving.....??? in the News & Rumors forums; I haven't been to the new San Angel Cantina. I still wasn't 100% positive they had changed that one over to a table service. Is it a hybrid like Be ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Illuminations leaving.....???

I haven't been to the new San Angel Cantina. I still wasn't 100% positive they had changed that one over to a table service. Is it a hybrid like Be Our Guest? And you have to have ADR's for dinner only? Or straight up table service all the time?

As for viewing from Rose & Crown, boy I don't know. Having been in there, I really can't see how they'd have all that many prime viewing locations. Can you? Kind of a low ceiling and small-ish windows, etc...Unless I'm just not remembering it correctly (which is always a possibility with my feeble memory). Last time we ate there was three years ago.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

I believe Rose and Crown has an outdoor terrace for Illuminations viewing
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Maybe they are planning on bringing in the water show thing from Disneyland.
    I couldn't seem them putting a cartoon-based show into Epcot.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McTavish View Post
    Possibly an update of some sort? Disney uses a multi-million dollar video sphere in the Illuminations show. What would they do with that???
    Doesn't make any sense to me. Just because they do away with IllumiNations doesn't mean they have to remove the sphere. Are you suggesting that it can't be reprogrammed to run for a different show?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Doesn't make any sense to me. Just because they do away with IllumiNations doesn't mean they have to remove the sphere. Are you suggesting that it can't be reprogrammed to run for a different show?
    Sure they could. But how are they ever going to top IllumiNations? As popular as this show is with everyone theu will have a MAJOR task coming up with something better.
    Let The Memories Begin

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Oh, I'm sure there are several ways they can improve a 25 year old show. But, they can't just scrap what they already have in place. Especially the iconic soundtrack.

As for the globe, I've wondered since seeing Celebrate The Magic why they don't make the globe solid and go to projection mapping. It's difficult yo make out what's on the globe to begin with. Projection mapping would be a huge improvement in the lull after Chaos.

I might be the biggest Illuminations nerd on the planet, but even I am willing to concede there is room for improvement.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Im joining this conversation late, but I cannot see them moving World of Color in this space because of the lack of a correlation between World of Color and World Showcase... my memory has been vague on past shows (as Illuminations has been around for a long time) but I am not sure about past Illuminations and the past fireworks shows... did they have a connection to World Showcase or were they just regular shows...? in any event I think an update to Illuminations could be necessary at this point, but I cannot see them making a complete change... too much success, and alot of money to make a complete change over in my opinion...
    Donny likes this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Every show from the beginning was based on a "world" theme. Though not to the same extent as Illuminations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh, I'm sure there are several ways they can improve a 25 year old show. But, they can't just scrap what they already have in place. Especially the iconic soundtrack.
    The same can be said about MSEP vs Spectromagic.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well on Thursday they will give the Media a hard hat tour of Dwarfs and the FLE meet and greet. Some are saying they are going to announce the new ships and the new DVC at GF but not likely the one at the Poly. Disney has leaked there will be an announcement about something new at Epcot, now if that comes at the Media invite only on Friday morning remains to be seen.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The same can be said about MSEP vs Spectromagic.
    I'm not so sure that's a fair comparison.

Although, look what happened...

Seen Spectro lately?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Whatever the announcement is, I am just hoping it is exciting news something we don't already know and something of substance.

Universal Hollywood, just received their LA County approval for their $1 Billion+ makeover of Hollywood. Boy would I love to see a who can top who in the studio's or AK. Fun Fun Fun.

Boy I hope Disney's Friday's announcement is just as grand!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Every show from the beginning was based on a "world" theme. Though not to the same extent as Illuminations.
    thats what I thought... World of Color just would not work in this space at all then... plus like its been said before it would likely require the lagoon to be filled with a concrete floor... imagine the cost of draining, concreting and refilling the lagoon...?plus the eyesore it would cause for the long term refurb...? definitely not happening... I am surprised though that there hasnt been any effort to add World of Color anywhere in Disney World... I would have said Fantasmic replacement, but didnt they just do an update or a quick refurb recently of the show...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Refurbs have never stopped Disney from ripping things out if so, Snow White's Scary Adventures wouldn't have given way to Snow White's (much less Scary) Adventures only to be ripped out for...a meet and greet.

Haven't there been rumblings about replacing Fantasmic in the past? I remember reading something about getting rid of it due to staffing.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Refurbs have never stopped Disney from ripping things out if so, Snow White's Scary Adventures wouldn't have given way to Snow White's (much less Scary) Adventures only to be ripped out for...a meet and greet.

Haven't there been rumblings about replacing Fantasmic in the past? I remember reading something about getting rid of it due to staffing.
    There was a thought of it being replaced a few years, usually every time the actors union begins negotiating new contracts... I dont think they would replace it just yet... I agree they can make changes right after refurbs, but in many cases those are done because of a backlash over the update (JiI anyone...?) or a decrease in popularity... In this case, because of the tour guides suggestions about lining up 2 hours early, and the increase to every night a few years back I would think that Fantasmic is just as popular now as when it opened, if not a bit more...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast