Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Illuminations leaving.....??? in the News & Rumors forums; World of Color !!! Rumor has it. I like Illuminations and watch it each time I visit EPCOT (I go to WDW 3-4 a year). However, I would LOVE to ...
    tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Illuminations leaving.....???

World of Color !!! Rumor has it. I like Illuminations and watch it each time I visit EPCOT (I go to WDW 3-4 a year). However, I would LOVE to see World of Color come to WDW.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Tina Cole

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

world of color would be amazing..... I am tired on Illuminations.... sorry ... but I am..... loved the Tapestry of Dreams parade and would love World of Color
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I think if anything they'll keep the soundtrack and certain facets of the show and bring in new technology to spruce it up a little.

I can't see Illuminations ever going away completely.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm aboard the "don't ever take illuminations" train.

World of Color looks like an amazing show, but it's no secret that the show only really works if you're looking at it dead on and center. I don't see how that would work at all in the curvature of WS. World of Color would cause everyone to crowd The American Adventure to get a good vantage point of the show. That can't be good for the other pavilions and their restaurants. Especially when so many of them are building to give seating for the nighttime spectacular.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ahhh...

No pun intended when I say I hadn't even considered that angle.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

WoC just wouldnt work at Epcot... the only logical place would be in the HH Amphitheater... I dont think Fantasmic is leaving anytime soon... but... maybe an every other night with WoC being put in the LMA theater...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

That could be interesting.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    WoC just wouldnt work at Epcot... the only logical place would be in the HH Amphitheater... I dont think Fantasmic is leaving anytime soon... but... maybe an every other night with WoC being put in the LMA theater...?
    Or in the rumored closure of Echo Lake and the vacant Drew and Idol buildings? Or Indy, it has been kinda done to death over the last 20+ years. LMA seems to be prime area for Pixar expansion(s).
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Or in the rumored closure of Echo Lake and the vacant Drew and Idol buildings? Or Indy, it has been kinda done to death over the last 20+ years. LMA seems to be prime area for Pixar expansion(s).
    If Echo Lake were to go away I say it'd be to make room for Star Wars.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, Joe. WoC isn't an 'Epcot' type show. The theme of IllumiNations fits at World Showcase. It's a story about world harmony. Characters and Disney tales don't belong on the water in that area. Move the tired Fantasmic show out and try WoC there instead.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I'm aboard the "don't ever take illuminations" train.

World of Color looks like an amazing show, but it's no secret that the show only really works if you're looking at it dead on and center. I don't see how that would work at all in the curvature of WS. World of Color would cause everyone to crowd The American Adventure to get a good vantage point of the show. That can't be good for the other pavilions and their restaurants. Especially when so many of them are building to give seating for the nighttime spectacular.
    Just a matter of creating boxed water spouts, or angling them. Works over at Universal for their night show, and that's set up in their lagoon. Viewing can be seen from multiple angles, not just head-on. I'm sure Disney can come up with something. Even the seating for Fantasmic is semi-circular. Just a matter of finishing it off from the back.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Jeff B is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm a big fan of Illuminations and would hate to see it go. I love both the feel and the spectacle of the show.
    Remember the Magic
    DVC Member at The Beach Club

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm fond of it too. But if they brought in a new show of equal quality, I can deal with moving forward.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234