Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Illuminations leaving.....??? in the News & Rumors forums; Rumors are flying that the Big Announcement later this week that has been scheduled for weeks now will be in part that Illuminations is leaving the World Showcase....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Illuminations leaving.....???

Rumors are flying that the Big Announcement later this week that has been scheduled for weeks now will be in part that Illuminations is leaving the World Showcase.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Illuminations leaving.....???

Wow. Not sure how I feel about this. We've only seen it once but it was pretty awesome. Maybe we'll need to see it on our next trip just in case. If it's going, I'm hopeful for something just as or maybe even more spectacular
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Illuminations is my number one obsession...

This most definitely cannot be true...

No...

No, no, no, no, NO!

Well I put it in the rumor section if that helps. It has been around a long while, if they are really going to pull it, my gut is it is getting harder to view the water with the restaurant builds. So maybe an all air show or items that go much higher in the air than Illuminations from the water like Cali and Universal.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Nonsense.

There is still a multitude of viewing areas around the lagoon. I've never heard anyone say they wanted to watch Illuminations but couldn't find a viewing spot so they skipped it.

Not once.

Even on New Years Eve.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Maybe they are planning on bringing in the water show thing from Disneyland.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

World of Color?

I doubt it because from everything I've heard it would be too difficult because they built that in a lake with a concrete bottom as opposed to the sand bottom of World Showcase Lagoon.

Donny is offline A-Ticket holder

I have heard nothing about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Nonsense.

There is still a multitude of viewing areas around the lagoon. I've never heard anyone say they wanted to watch Illuminations but couldn't find a viewing spot so they skipped it.

Not once.

Even on New Years Eve.
    At this point it is just a rumor and I've yet to find the source of it yet it is all over the internet. Spot is debatable where you can see the water and earth well. When I took my DD we could not get close enough pond side, did we leave no but stayed and watched from the grass area in front of the Stave Church because it was elevated. Could we see everything in the water, no, did that make us leave, no.

The other rumor that is floating now is another 24 hour event at park. Soon we will know.

They could negate any loss in viewing areas they've had with San Angel by simply cutting down the trees on the islands. Matter of fact, there would still be a net gain even after the new Moroccan restaurant is built. Especially since that's always been a bad viewing area to begin with due to the islands.

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

Possibly an update of some sort? Disney uses a multi-million dollar video sphere in the Illuminations show. What would they do with that???

I hope this is just incorrect information.......Illuminations is my all-time favorite attraction at Walt Disney World.
    Mo Noyz likes this.
    Let The Memories Begin

You're making too much sense to me, Jerry.

They could negate any loss in viewing areas they've had with San Angel by simply cutting down the trees on the islands. Matter of fact, there would still be a net gain even after the new Moroccan restaurant is built. Especially since that's always been a bad viewing area to begin with due to the islands.
    Good point. Disney has never had a problem removing trees, Castle front is a concrete jungle, tree's removed for viewing and stage.

As far improving the viewing count, by building in Morocco, I've never watched from a restaurant, do all the tables have a decent view? I am guessing, do you have to order food, drink or dessert and have an ADR around Illumination time to view from a restaurant? Or do they have terrace areas that anyone can just go out on?

You have to have an ADR for Rose & Crown.

Is the new restaurant supposed to be table service? I got the impression it was going to be counter...?

You have to have an ADR for Rose & Crown.

Is the new restaurant supposed to be table service? I got the impression it was going to be counter...?
    And the new one at Mexico needs ADR too, though I could be wrong, I ate at the Inn inside a year ago so not positive. The new Morocco, not sure, the Disney official press release doesn't say one way or the other and I haven't heard anyone who has said anything with any certainty.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast