Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss More rumored closures for DHS in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC not at all upset about the AI or really BaTB either... that whole strip will now be empty leading up to Indy and Star Tours... I ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More rumored closures for DHS

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    not at all upset about the AI or really BaTB either... that whole strip will now be empty leading up to Indy and Star Tours... I have always heard rumor that they wanted to move the Jedi Training Academy into the Sounds Dangerous stage so that it will be more permanent and allow them to add living characters like Yoda and such...
    Indoors would be wonderful for the training academy. I've seen those groups of kids when it is canceled due to weather, it isn't pretty. We adults don't want to hear of another CM passing cause he slipped and smacked head/neck into a wall, little kids aren't that deep, they are just sad.

As it stands now I wouldn't even mention Jedi to a kid until CMs were calling for them to jump up on stage.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Indoors would be wonderful for the training academy. I've seen those groups of kids when it is canceled due to weather, it isn't pretty. We adults don't want to hear of another CM passing cause he slipped and smacked head/neck into a wall, little kids aren't that deep, they are just sad.
    As it stands now I wouldn't even mention Jedi to a kid until CMs were calling for them to jump up on stage.
    you know I always wondered about that... Never paid attention but I figured they must cancel the show in bad weather... Having living characters and a definite show schedule would be enough to make them make this move... I bet in the Star Wars land this finds a permanent home...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

There is a 25 minute wait right now for Toy Story during a private party. Demonstrates how little there is to do at that park for most.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Maybe building Avatarland will do wonders for the wait time at DHS.

Bringing in American Idol was a huge mistake. The attraction was way behind the show. It should have rolled out right after the show became a hit. With AI closing, you now have two huge empty buildings in prime real estate side by side. Next to TSM in Pixar Place, you have an empty building with a sign on it claiming there will be something new and exciting coming.

I did my best to make DHS an all day park on one visit. It was a mistake. There isn't enough to do between arriving early to get a ride, maybe two if you're lucky, on TSM and then staying until closing to see Fantasmic. My girls did really enjoy Star Tours and we were able to ride it almost continuously.

DHS needs serious work and expansion. Closing attractions with no clear plan is the wrong move. DHS's operating hours are set for an all day park. It should be treated as such.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Maybe building Avatarland will do wonders for the wait time at DHS.

Bringing in American Idol was a huge mistake. The attraction was way behind the show. It should have rolled out right after the show became a hit. With AI closing, you now have two huge empty buildings in prime real estate side by side. Next to TSM in Pixar Place, you have an empty building with a sign on it claiming there will be something new and exciting coming.

I did my best to make DHS an all day park on one visit. It was a mistake. There isn't enough to do between arriving early to get a ride, maybe two if you're lucky, on TSM and then staying until closing to see Fantasmic. My girls did really enjoy Star Tours and we were able to ride it almost continuously.

DHS needs serious work and expansion. Closing attractions with no clear plan is the wrong move. DHS's operating hours are set for an all day park. It should be treated as such.
    Hours and the Price are set for an all day park. That is why I have to hop. I don't think Avatarland will have much for DHS, for that matter AK, both need far more help. Neglected too long. And don't forget Beauty and the Beast is shuttering its doors with no replacement and the parades are goners too. 2014 should be interesting around DHS.

I don't think Avatarland will have much for DHS
    That was sarcasm. I should have included an eye roll.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm with the rest of you on AI, sure won't miss it!! B&B really should go too. It was always a plan crusher when my kids HAD to go see it when we had somewhere else to be. Even though they've seen it about 10 different times before. I wished for its demise many times!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Disney really needs to consider a rolling schedule for shows at DHS. There's no reason why they couldn't do different shows every year.

I agree. I was comfy with their 18 month rotation. That seemed long enough.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I haven't seen the show in truthfully over a decade, so I can't speak from experience. But thinking out loud, as long as the show keeps drawing guests, why change things up? La Nouba continues to draw capacity crowds every night, and that stupid thing costs close to a hundred bucks a ticket. And has been running for a long time at DTD. If Beauty and the Beast is still doing alright, it's one less thing for the Disney brass to concern themselves with.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I haven't seen the show in truthfully over a decade, so I can't speak from experience. But thinking out loud, as long as the show keeps drawing guests, why change things up? La Nouba continues to draw capacity crowds every night, and that stupid thing costs close to a hundred bucks a ticket. And has been running for a long time at DTD. If Beauty and the Beast is still doing alright, it's one less thing for the Disney brass to concern themselves with.
    Well it is gone after the New Year, doing well or not. Not sure that it is, haven't been there in a long while. Think that philosophy is what has DHS in attendance trouble. From Indian Jones to Beauty nothing ever gets refreshed, guests go because what else is there to do if they don't have hopper passes. I rode the backstage tour a few trips back cause I didn't have time to hop to another park before heading to airport. OMG I wanted to jump off, another thing you can only do so many times before you need to scream.

I think what saves Lion King is the music, it is beloved by many.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm not a big "shows" fan anyway. Doesn't really matter to me what shows go or stay.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think what saves Lion King is the music, it is beloved by many.
    I think another part of it is there is a lot going on at once, so there is a lot to see. You really can't see it all in one sitting.

We went to BatB this past trip mainly because A) we had time to kill; 2) We were able to walk right in, and III) the rumor it would be going away. It was a decent show. Not at capacity, but maybe 75%. Certainly better than LMA's crowd I'm sure.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I'm not a big "shows" fan anyway. Doesn't really matter to me what shows go or stay.
    That's pretty much me, too. If I don't have to sit through a show, I'd prefer not to. When I went to Disneyland Paris, I tried to see EVERYTHING. Figured I probably wouldn't be back there ever again. At a park I attend every year, I'm not sitting through a show. And that includes ANY new castle stage show they come up with. I have never stood through one of those and never will. Ever.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast