Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss More rumored closures for DHS in the News & Rumors forums; [QUOTE] Originally Posted by doconeill I think another part of it is there is a lot going on at once, so there is a lot to see. You really can't ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More rumored closures for DHS

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I think another part of it is there is a lot going on at once, so there is a lot to see. You really can't see it all in one sitting.
    Yep, if Lion King wasn't so dang popular I think it would have gone the way of BatB. It is an expensive show. Disney didn't need anymore bad PR in AK.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    We went to BatB this past trip mainly because A) we had time to kill; 2) We were able to walk right in, and III) the rumor it would be going away. It was a decent show. Not at capacity, but maybe 75%. Certainly better than LMA's crowd I'm sure.
    I didn't bother to hit up BatB. I was never a big fan and saw it one two many times already. LMA I saw twice and wish I left at once. It doesn't hold that repeat desire for me.

I did however do what you did with BatB in the Spring of 2012. I rode Test Track the last night before it went down for rehab. I also rode Snow White because she was going down forever soon after. As I rode Snow with my DS I was ready to say good-bye to her too. My misgivings is a ride went for another meet and greet unlike Toad for Pooh. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I'm not a big "shows" fan anyway. Doesn't really matter to me what shows go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    That's pretty much me, too. If I don't have to sit through a show, I'd prefer not to. When I went to Disneyland Paris, I tried to see EVERYTHING. Figured I probably wouldn't be back there ever again. At a park I attend every year, I'm not sitting through a show. And that includes ANY new castle stage show they come up with. I have never stood through one of those and never will. Ever.
    I'm with you gentlemen. Not a show person. And have never been a fan of castle shows what so ever, that squish me onto Main Street isn't my idea of fun. The only way I observe parades is as I am walking a parade trying to get around them. I did a loud Yahoo! when I heard there was going to be a new permanent, themed guest bypass around Main Street to get around the crowds during parades and wishes.

I tend to do more in DL parks because I am there so infrequently. Paris doesn't interest me, I understand the guests revolted last month over how run down some of the parks are becoming there. Now Tokyo, in is high on my bucket list.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;1043360]
    I'm with you gentlemen. Not a show person. And have never been a fan of castle shows what so ever, that squish me onto Main Street isn't my idea of fun. The only way I observe parades is as I am walking a parade trying to get around them. I did a loud Yahoo! when I heard there was going to be a new permanent, themed guest bypass around Main Street to get around the crowds during parades and wishes.
    Only parades that are a must do for me are the holiday ones. I'd like to see the Christmas one some day.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

[QUOTE=ohiodisneydad;1043370]
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Only parades that are a must do for me are the holiday ones. I'd like to see the Christmas one some day.
    In fairness the one for guests is actually pretty nice. The one they film at the park for television, is not fun, not fun at all.
    supernova likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;1043376]
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post

In fairness the one for guests is actually pretty nice. The one they film at the park for television, is not fun, not fun at all.
    I would never bother with that one. I don't watch it on television. Why would I stand through it in person for hours and hours?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I have no idea what happened in post #33, but the quotes are really got whacked.

Yeah, I've noticed quotes have been getting messed up
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Blahhahaha

Backlot Tour is going down for a rehab January 5 and scheduled to reopen again on March 2, 2014.

Looks like it will be with us for a bit longer. This rehab of DHS best not take as long as Avatar Coming in 2017. Lordie!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

A more merciful Disney Corporation would have just put the ol' Backlot Tour out to pasture.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

A more intelligent management group would have realized they need more attractions so they can put Backlot Tour out of its misery.

There are times I wonder if the current crop of leaders are buffoons or mad geniuses. If they close Backlot then there is one less attraction to draw folks to which would cause the current 8 hour stand by wait for TSM to draw out to 10 hours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123