Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss More rumored closures for DHS in the News & Rumors forums; CM's are saying they have been given notice that the Beauty & Beast show will have its final curtain at the end of Spring in 2014. There appears to be ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

More rumored closures for DHS

CM's are saying they have been given notice that the Beauty & Beast show will have its final curtain at the end of Spring in 2014. There appears to be no plans to replace the show at this time.

Also, it appears Idol will be closing its doors right after the Holidays as New Year 2014 begins. Other than closing there isn't any rumors of what is in store for that sight.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: More rumored closures for DHS

Two shows I won't miss, though I'd miss Beauty and the Beast more than Idol any day.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Jeff B is offline A-Ticket holder

I'll miss the Beauty and the Beast show, although I haven't watched it in years, so I guess I won't miss it too much. As for Idol, it was never anything I was interested in seeing, so I'm glad to hear that's going--I just hope they put something worthwhile in its place rather than have an empty space there.
    Remember the Magic
    DVC Member at The Beach Club

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Two shows I won't miss, though I'd miss Beauty and the Beast more than Idol any day.
    I didn't even realize Idol was still there. Never was a fan.
    Kellie19891992 likes this.

4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I didn't even realize Idol was still there. Never was a fan.
    We hadn't been to the park since it was renamed Hollywood Studios. When we saw that "Idol" taking up such a large footprint in the park our expectations of the rest of the park diminished! Plus, the CM's that we encountered in the walkway between that building and the ABC Commissary didn't help the "show's" image. Even last November they were acting like it was done for and no one cared.

Would be nice to have a Cars (and now Planes) related ride put in there. Something along the lines of Radiator Springs ride out west but unique to DHS.
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by 4Shoemakers View Post
    We hadn't been to the park since it was renamed Hollywood Studios. When we saw that "Idol" taking up such a large footprint in the park our expectations of the rest of the park diminished! Plus, the CM's that we encountered in the walkway between that building and the ABC Commissary didn't help the "show's" image. Even last November they were acting like it was done for and no one cared.

Would be nice to have a Cars (and now Planes) related ride put in there. Something along the lines of Radiator Springs ride out west but unique to DHS.
    I've never experienced Idol. Don't care for the show, it was on the down-slope when Disney put it in and it wasn't really Disney to start with. Strange move. As for the CMs, it has to be tough being happy and chipper day after day, hour after hour when your role is Idol. They have my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Beauty is a great example of stale. Indiana Jones I loved but I've seen that way too many times. Done. EO and Shrunk the Audience and many of the WS shows too. These are shows that could have been updated one at a time without Disney busting the budget.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Cardinals314 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have heard this news about BatB and AI from other places. I have also heard that Indiana Jones will be closed to make way for a new Star Wars attraction. The attraction is to be rumored as a speeder bike ride

Well it looks like the pretty unpopular Backlot Tour demise rumor is true if they are starting to dump the tour ride vehicles in the Graveyard already.

McQuack

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

With so much change afoot, DHS will feel like a completely new park when it's all done. I'm really excited about all the things rumored to be coming. If we get even half of it that park will definitely not be my least favorite anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    With so much change afoot, DHS will feel like a completely new park when it's all done. I'm really excited about all the things rumored to be coming. If we get even half of it that park will definitely not be my least favorite anymore.
    A new park is what I am hoping for. There is so much that can really go and only a handful of things that are left that are on my cherish list. We have a few, pretty good ideas of what Disney will roll out, some additional sweet surprises would be the cherry on the Sundae.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    A new park is what I am hoping for. There is so much that can really go and only a handful of things that are left that are on my cherish list. We have a few, pretty good ideas of what Disney will roll out, some additional sweet surprises would be the cherry on the Sundae.
    The only things I think should be safe are Hollywood Blvd. Sunset Blvd. Pixar Place (if not expanded), and One Man's Dream.

Of course the Muppets must remain in the park, but I'm not married to Muppetvision 3D. If they can plus it, I'd be fine with that attraction being retired.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've never experienced Idol. Don't care for the show, it was on the down-slope when Disney put it in and it wasn't really Disney to start with. Strange move. As for the CMs, it has to be tough being happy and chipper day after day, hour after hour when your role is Idol. They have my sympathies.
    I'm with you. I don't do talent shows. I don't care who thinks they can sing or dance, celeb or civilian. I have so many better things to be doing with my life than to watch silly singing and dancing competition on TV. I couldn't imagine having that empty a life.

Beauty is a great example of stale. Indiana Jones I loved but I've seen that way too many times. Done. EO and Shrunk the Audience and many of the WS shows too. These are shows that could have been updated one at a time without Disney busting the budget.
    "Stunt" implies danger. The only "danger" the actors at Indy face is putting the audience to sleep.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

It's certainly time to close up the backlot tour, it's been a shell for years. Adding a Carsland to the Pixar Place area would make a huge draw as wella s the starwars land rumors. There is a lot that can be done. I'm cautiously hopeful with the emphasis on aqdditiions and plussing versus the call fro a new park. Plus up the exisiting, there is so nuch room for improvement rather than make a new park.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    It's certainly time to close up the backlot tour, it's been a shell for years. Adding a Carsland to the Pixar Place area would make a huge draw as wella s the starwars land rumors. There is a lot that can be done. I'm cautiously hopeful with the emphasis on additions and plussing versus the call fro a new park. Plus up the existing, there is so much room for improvement rather than make a new park.
    I agree. You took my whole new park in the most literal way. I'm looking for the mechanical problems of Fantasmic to be resolved, a new show to Beauty, something different and more 21st century in the Mermaid corner. There are conflicting reports about Indy, Echo Lake, Idol/Drew Carey Space being gone for Star Wars or if Star Wars is going to the streets of America/playground working studio building and Cars to other section of Backlot/Lights Motor. Either way new stuff to Indy, Idol, Streets of America, Catastrophe Cannon, Lights Motor and possible new use for the building that held the walking portion theater for stunts and outdoor boat dock walking tour.

These areas that really have seen there day long ago, re-imagineered would bring the park to life again, thus my less literal thought of 'a whole new park,' bringing her back to a whole new glory.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

not at all upset about the AI or really BaTB either... that whole strip will now be empty leading up to Indy and Star Tours... I have always heard rumor that they wanted to move the Jedi Training Academy into the Sounds Dangerous stage so that it will be more permanent and allow them to add living characters like Yoda and such...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast