Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Poly construction possibly starting soon... in the News & Rumors forums; This is from Tikiman: The Polynesian resort has been notified that work will start next month and will affect views in some rooms so they are going to change room ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Poly construction possibly starting soon...

This is from Tikiman:

The Polynesian resort has been notified that work will start next month and will affect views in some rooms so they are going to change room view categories and close some rooms.
    No details as to exactly where, although he does say it doesn't affect the GCH or pools, and if it affects room views it isn't at the luau cove.

Subsequently I've heard that some guests with garden view reservations have notification that they've been upgraded.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Poly construction possibly starting soon...

are we thinking DVC villas...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

...and some likely floating in the water on tilts, think a lower version of the Treehouses, just not next to the water but actually over the water.

Edit: found the other thread

What is going to happen to the Polynesian Resort

and even better here is Tikiman's thread. There is nobody more informed about all things Poly:

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-16-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    ...and some likely floating in the water on tilts, think a lower version of the Treehouses, just not next to the water but actually over the water.

Edit: found the other thread

What is going to happen to the Polynesian Resort

and even better here is Tikiman's thread. There is nobody more informed about all things Poly:

TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

Well I'm psyched about DVC. Been a member since 1994 and best thing I ever did. Wasn't interested in GF but bought at BLT and REALLY want to buy at Poly. That would be the ultimate. Love poly culture and can't wait
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder

You should see walls go up around the 7th (+/- a few days). I don't believe they will even rehab the rooms in Tahiti or Rapa Nui before they close them to turn them into DVC. Test patterns for DVC can be seen in the south end hallway of the 1st floor or Rapa Nui for DVC. Look for the more colorful pattern and the different ceiling.

I do more daily updates on my Facebook but a new article should be out soon. I have been waiting for some more new info I am expecting to hear about.

Aloha

Steve
    HauntedGabe likes this.

And I about fell over....

"By the way. Once DVC is completed the resort will no longer be called Polynesian Resort."

"
    and it is 100% confirmed will happen."
    ~Tikiman~

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Oh, Haunted Gabe.... so dismal..... true, but dismal.... was hoping for Aulani quality for the DVC Poly addition... but number crunchers at Disney say otherwise.... so sad... What Would Walt Do???? Not skimp....
    cindymouse6
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

I can't think of another resort that is as beloved as the Poly. Fans are beyond loyal, renaming it? to what end? Almost as if to deliberately annoy the loyal. While others might have their favorites, the Poly is an icon rich in Disney history. I love the grounds, the pool and the GCH. Frankly, the rooms were never my taste but they are large as are the Contemporary's with spectacular views.

DVCs never fit our needs as our children grew up, we'd normally stay at POR, which I also love for our 2+ week stays. Now that the children are nearly out of college and heard real rumblings of a DVC for the Poly I was like...OK you've got my attention, finally a draw for me on a personal level for a DVC.

And then the rug seems to be being pulled out, changes to the GCH, which I understand but am disappointed about. Who really wants to risk Legionnaire disease??? The revamping of existing for DVC and then the Floating Tree House gimmick. I'm sorry but that lake isn't the Caribbean crystal clear blue waters. It is kinda a smelly, dark brown icky body of water when you take a look at it. It is noisy and choppy. During tropical storms it isn't pleasant out on the lake.

So I'm kind of retreating on my notion of buying into the Poly DVC, they almost had me.

smelly lake

maybe the lake is smelly.... may regret it... but still love the thought of staying over the water and watching fireworks so magical
    cindymouse6

Ah, if you regret it, the next time you can stay on land in a traditional DVC. Worth a try.

I've watched the fireworks from a boat, it was nice but....not nice enough for me to want to stay out on the water.

I love the treehouses and the whole concept, I'm just not big on the idea of being around all the water craft and their horns blaring while staying in a DVC. It is likely to be ugly the first time a DVC guest falls into the water or a twitty drunk decides to take a swim.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Ah, if you regret it, the next time you can stay on land in a traditional DVC. Worth a try.

I've watched the fireworks from a boat, it was nice but....not nice enough for me to want to stay out on the water.

I love the treehouses and the whole concept, I'm just not big on the idea of being around all the water craft and their horns blaring while staying in a DVC. It is likely to be ugly the first time a DVC guest falls into the water or a twitty drunk decides to take a swim.
    How late do the boats run? I was staying at one of the DVCs at Saratoga Springs Resort and they put me right outside the bus loop. Those things are loud when it's very quiet at 2am. Now I ask them to place me far off in the corner away from the sounds of the bus. Couldn't imagine they'd be blaring their horns at that hour, though. Not at Poly when the parks close before midnight.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    How late do the boats run? I was staying at one of the DVCs at Saratoga Springs Resort and they put me right outside the bus loop. Those things are loud when it's very quiet at 2am. Now I ask them to place me far off in the corner away from the sounds of the bus. Couldn't imagine they'd be blaring their horns at that hour, though. Not at Poly when the parks close before midnight.
    The last I heard the ferries begin operating 30 minutes to one hour prior to park opening including Extra Magic Hours. For example, if there are Morning Extra Magic Hours. They operate until 1.5 hours after park closing, also including Extra Magic Hours and when they extend park hours l.5 hours after that.

Me I'd be worse with it waking me up in the morning over the night hours. I am known to close parks but rarely open them. Even the resort ferries are noisy. I know the POR run to DTD love to toot their horns going around the bends especially around the tree-houses.

Tikiman has said that it will return to the name Polynesian Village. He also mentioned a few signs that had to be installed reflected the future name change already.

Tikiman has said that it will return to the name Polynesian Village. He also mentioned a few signs that had to be installed reflected the future name change already.
    I do like the name Polynesian Village. Poly is my fav resort and do hope the changes are good while maintaining the ambiance we have grown to love. I've been a DVC member for 19 years and it truly has changed how we vacation for the better ... and my kids are spoiled now... transportation noises have never bothered us.... but we don't need 100% quiet to rest. I like the sounds ... unlike the sirens in the front of my house at 2am by firetrucks... now that's loud. Good point, Gabe, about drunk guests taking a swim from a waterfront room.... I just think people cant be that stupid, but then I am disappointed....yep.... that stupid... and you can't fix stupid!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    cindymouse6

Quote Originally Posted by cindymouse6 View Post
    I do like the name Polynesian Village. Poly is my fav resort and do hope the changes are good while maintaining the ambiance we have grown to love. I've been a DVC member for 19 years and it truly has changed how we vacation for the better ... and my kids are spoiled now... transportation noises have never bothered us.... but we don't need 100% quiet to rest. I like the sounds ... unlike the sirens in the front of my house at 2am by firetrucks... now that's loud. Good point, Gabe, about drunk guests taking a swim from a waterfront room.... I just think people cant be that stupid, but then I am disappointed....yep.... that stupid... and you can't fix stupid!
    Yep, you summed up the outside world and humanity perfectly. Too many have just been hit with the stupid stick.
    I think it will come down to how the water rooms block or do not block the views and how they rehab the GSH.
    The GSH is like the heart of the resort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast