Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss coaster in space ship earth? in the News & Rumors forums; NO! I Love SE the way it is!...
    Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    SE couldnt hold a rollercoaster since little by little the big ball is sinking since it is a swamp
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    I swear to God, they're trying to take the most nostalgic attractions away one by one. Don't touch SSE, CoP, or Country Bears!!!!
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    I agree
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    They SERIOUSLY better never take The CoP away....I would organize a mass protest for that one. I love that thing...I go there at least two times each time I go to Disney...I love it.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love CoP....I would be so devastated if they ever took that out. That is such a classic. Whenever I have a bad day...that song pops right in my head. It is wo wonderful.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy81
    I love CoP....I would be so devastated if they ever took that out. That is such a classic. Whenever I have a bad day...that song pops right in my head. It is wo wonderful.

-Scott
    Based on the simple fact that they are in the process of refurbishing the theaters in the CoP means to me that it is not going away anytime soon! (whew!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Smile

it cannot be possible for a coaster in spaceship earth because they would have to take out the track for the ride to put one in. the spaceship earth ride track holds the whole geodesic sphere together if they were to take it out it would fall apart
    i think it makes sense
    =)
    Last edited by kylewhit89; 10-27-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    While working at Disney I heard rumor of SSE changing some just because At&t is no longer a sponsor. Last I heard they were looking for a new sponsor.

I love COP, I doubt it will change right? It could use some updates on the last scene though where it is supposed to be futuristic, because it really is not anymore. Walt came up with COP at the worlds fair, so I think COP is gonna be around!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

I Agree

As the author of Disney World for Wimps, I would be very upset if they changed SE. to a thrill ride. I haven't forgiven them for closing Horizions and World of Motion. ( yes Im Italian..lol) I heard a rumor that there is a new sponsor coming in. It needs a rehab..but not to a coaster!! It is so sad to see the place where the Global Neighborhood was, empty. They have to do something. Plus technology has grown by leaps and bounds since 1982..lets see it.

Anyone else think Sprint is missing a golden opportunity here?
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Wink Who Moved My Cheese?

Changes can be scary, but without the imagination and abilitly to think outside the box, we wouldn't have had SE or any of the exciting exhibits that draw us to "The Happiest Place on Earth" in the first place. Imagineers have given us things beyond the merry-go-round and tilt-a-whirl. So, while we love to keep returning to exhibits that we enjoy, we have to be willing to look beyond what is the "now" and anticipate what it can be. If you see "Crush" you'll see what can happen when Imagineers are let loose.

There are lots of CM keeping tabs on what exhibts are "hot" and those that are not. DW is a family vacation and I would be sorely disappointed if they started to cater to just the coaster rider and forgot about those who enjoy a more leisurely ride.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    While at SE a week ago we asked when the renovation was going to begin. The cast members just smiled and said "you never know but we guess that things will be beginning to change soon."
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Since SBC is soon going to change it's name to AT&T, and they want to spend millions on ads, perhaps they will consider sponsoring SSE again. While I am a diehard devotee of SSE I would like the ride down to be changed to something more interesting, as well as the exit area to a high tech showplace. Just my 2 cents.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Kellpooh.. How much did I love the world of motion and horizons! Esp, Horizons. As a kid it was so much fun to see all the futuristic things that would be around. I esp loved the part where you got to pick the video to watch, whether space or sea. My siblings and I always had a great time seeing who could get their pick in the fastest. And how could you not love the orange smell when going through the orange groves. Every time I ride Soarin and they have that same orange smell it reminds me of Horizons!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

JPG
    JPG is offline A-Ticket holder
    I certainly wouldn't object to adding thrill rides to WDW, just not at the cost of the rides I go there for now. Like SSE. There is plenty of upgrading possibility during the downhill portion of the ride and of course the exit area. But the first half of the ride is a brilliant example of why we go 2500 miles round trip to WDW and never get to the local Six Flags.
    There are many, many people who have little use for coasters. While there in Sept we heard a rumor that the European communications company Siemens was looking into sponsoring SSE, but even though there are many European visitors it seemed a little out there.
    Last edited by JPG; 11-03-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast