Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss coaster in space ship earth? in the News & Rumors forums; apparently a coaster is going to be placed in spaceship earth....does anybody know anymore details?...
    rnrboyya76 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile coaster in space ship earth?

apparently a coaster is going to be placed in spaceship earth....does anybody know anymore details?

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I find that hard to belive. The only way they could do that is to take part spaceship earth.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I heard this rumor a long time ago and never knew if it was true. I heard it was supposed to be called Project Gemini and be twin coasters. I hope they don't do it.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Along side this rumor was that Ellen would be re-vamped, Wonders of Life would be scrapped, a roller coaster would be added to The Land, and the Living Seas would go under a complete rehab. The project was supposed to be completed by 2003 - it seems that we can forget those ideas!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Actually it'd be pretty funny if they just put a coaster on the existing track... go through everything real fast, and speed up the narration.

Space ship earth.. the fast version.

Tampa is offline No longer in service

they'd have a hard time stopping the ride then eh?!

they wouldn't have to speed up the narration either, just use chip and dale.

I remember when I was a midg err... small person, I'd be scared to death while waiting in line to enter SSE! I even knew what was inside, but there's something about standing under it that gives me the willies. So I could see where someone came up with a coaster idea for it. But I doubt it's structurally sound enough to handle such stress, even if it were to be weaker than SM.

Talking

Project: Gemini is a big rumor at this point...its about an 80% chance its going to be fullfilled

My family would be very disappointed. We enjoy SSE...I hate it when they mess with the originals!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Project Gemini has been rumored for years, and includes a major overhaul of mych of Future World, including a rumored coaster for SSE.

While I initially thought it may have been a good idea, I am not sure Disney would make such a substantial change to WDW's most popular attraction. Maybe some updating is in order, though... (?)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disney has to keep up with nearby parks so they are constantly adding new thrills

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'd rather see them fill in showcase lagoon and put a coaster there.

rather than mess up SSE

they should make a haunted mansion coaster....increase the size of the mansion

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I don't care much about SSE, but I would rather them leave it alone. I know Disney thinks they have to have the thrills to keep up with other parks, but I like my Disney just the way it is. Sure I love all the thrill rides, but if Disney was all thrill rides I would not won't to go. I love Disney for it's mixture of rides for all ages and I hope they don't take that away.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

phaedrablake is offline A-Ticket holder

RollerCoaster in Spaceship earth/Living seas

This is not a rumor it is true. It will be inside Spaceship earth and they are going to have part of it external. The living seas is being refurbed as well and it will have a large "Nemo" twist to it where you go to his home. Dates have already been set on both of these projects. Just so you know I am not a freak my Dad has been in Management at WDW for 25 years. He told me about soarin coming 3 years before it was opened.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for the information! BTW - Anyone who finds this site is not a freak so WELCOME! We are just, as my mom recently put it, Overly Enthusiatic about a Mouse's Kingdom and company!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast