Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss new coaster in WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; I recently received my WDW Vacation Planner dvd in the mail and on it they mention a new coaster coming to WDW next year. they're pretty vague about what it's ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

new coaster in WDW?

I recently received my WDW Vacation Planner dvd in the mail and on it they mention a new coaster coming to WDW next year. they're pretty vague about what it's going to be, but from what I could gather, it's supposed to be like the Matterhorn in Disneyland (maybe?).

anyone have any idea what this may be?

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    They are probably referring to Expedition Everest, which will open in Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2006. There are several threads about it on this site, as well as construction photos in the photo gallery.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Agreed!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    They are probably referring to Expedition Everest, which will open in Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2006. There are several threads about it on this site, as well as construction photos in the photo gallery.
    my b. I searched around in the Disney Rumors board, but couldn't find anything. thanks for info!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    my b. I searched around in the Disney Rumors board, but couldn't find anything. thanks for info!
    You probably didn't find it because it's not a rumor...it's confirmed!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

yeah, I found the thread about it that had links to pictures. it looks like it's gonna be really great! woot!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Soooooooooo looking forward to EE. And the slow trickle of insider pics just keeps getting at me!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    won't have to worry about being the first ones to Kilimanjaro Safari after EE opens, thats for sure
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

What I love about Everest is the fact that it isn't JUST a coaster. It isn't just a few hundred pieces of metal tubing thrown in the air. It's completely themed, and a reason is developed for the tracks being there, and it will contain multiple ride elements. It's going to be more than JUST a coaster.

And that's why Everest is gonna kick some

- Walt Disney

luvdamouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think you will see more and more of the themed roller coaster rides in the future. Take "The Mummy" ride in Universal, one of the best roller coasters I have ever been on. I cant wait for EE to open, planning our next trip down after it opens.....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day"

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."-----Walt Disney

December 2006, back to the Kingdom!!

I'm looking forward to riding ROTM at USF, but I'm still bitter at them scrapping the gorilla to do it. I know it was down to the age of the animatronics, but they could have ripped-out Twister instead!

- Walt Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I just saw the the structure of Expedition Everest, it looks so COOL! I can't wait til 2006 when Expedition Everest opens!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13