Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Indy Closing??? in the News & Rumors forums; Wow??!! Big changes coming? BREAKING: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Confirmed To Close At The End Of 2014 | PopWrapped...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Indy Closing???

"Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Indy Closing???

This will probably turn out to be true. The show has been around since park opening and they need the space for Star Wars Land. It's a bittersweet moment for me. Ever since I was a little kid the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular always captivated me and quickly grew into an obsession. After watching the show all I wanted to do was be Indiana Jones. Because of it I rented the original trilogy with my father growing up, dressed up as Indy on Halloween, and attended the midnight premiere for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. By far, one of my favorite Disney attractions of all time! I will sorely miss it and I'm glad I'm going in August to see it one last time. On the bright side, it will be turning into a Star Wars themed ride which is also a favorite of mine.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I know my father will be extremely unhappy at this if it is true... but it might be necessary... It would be nice if they add an Indy attraction to replace the show somewhere else in the resort...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I agree. To me, Indiana Jones is one of those timeless Hollywood characters. He should have a presence in DHS in either an attraction or as a face character. I realize Star Wars is a much bigger cash cow then Indiana Jones but I hope Disney somehow can find a way to utilize all of the Lucasfilm properties.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Nostalgia factor for this will make it grander than it ever really was, but it's still a shame. Lots of really fun details outside and the show itself was always pretty entertaining, IMHO. Hopefully Disney will find a future for that franchise and find a reason to bring it back to the park.

BackintheMagic is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs down Re: Indy Closing???

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. I was picked once to be in the show out of the audience, so it will be bittersweet but I hope to catch one or two more of its "farewell" performances.
    We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
    - Walter Elias Disney (December 5, 1901 - December 15, 1966)

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

A couple of years ago we went with my sons high school band and their director was selected. It was a good times for the kids, and me.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It was alive and kicking this past week. But honestly that attraction was a one-and-done for me, and I haven't been on it since I was at MGM Studios when it first opened. Since then, I could never find the time to invest in the attraction. God knows it wasn't going to be any different. Plus, it seems so dated, although I would hate for them to work any of that Crystal Skull nonsense into it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

With all the closures and construction that will be going on in that park, it won't surprise me to see it remain open for the foreseeable future just out of pure necessity. Idol is gone, Backlot is gone, rumors of a Pixar land coming will most likely push other things to closure. The Studios (or whatever they will call it in the future) will need all the attractions they can spare to keep guest in the park.