Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Lots of NEW rumors!!! in the News & Rumors forums; My little Bluebird is back at it again! Here's what he/she brought me recently: 1) - The Haunted Mansion is set to close in 2006 for refub, including upgrades to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Lots of NEW rumors!!!

My little Bluebird is back at it again!

Here's what he/she brought me recently:

1) - The Haunted Mansion is set to close in 2006 for refub, including upgrades to audio systems and possibly additional effects. This may help lead to a HM Holiday version later that year... But please oh please don't add Nighmare Before Christmas figures into this classic attraction (Lou steps off soapbox... hopes you can still see him)

2) - The move of the Stroller Rentals to under the Main Street, USA railroad station are primarily for security purposes. Concerns that someone could plant an explosive device under the station (and therefore collpase the entire structure as well as the only two Guest exits), forced the Stroller Rental to be placed there, and the locker rental to possibly be moved outside the station.

3) - It has been rumored that a new film is being "tested" in the theater currently occupied by the Timekeeper. If you like the show, you better catch it quick. Also look for a Stitch/Buzz meet and greet area there as well.

4) - Oh, and the concept of a "Little Green Men indoor UFO bumper car" themed attraction are not quite dead yet. However, I believe that if it comes to pass, it is more likely to fill the Timekeeper building, rather than CoP. (I may just be a sentimental guy)

5) - Although the "ice" glacier outside Ice Station Cool is gone, rumors of "Something Cool" (whatever that means) are flying around. A Beverly-only drink station? I think not.

6) - The Sea Cabs are coming back??!?! Well, probbaly not, but look for a new, Omnimover-type ride-through to open sometimes later this year.

7) - A new Norway film is slated to open later this year.

8) - I'm sure you all know about the Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow animatronics figure rumored to be added as a final scene in Pirates of the Carribean, so I won't even go there.

Well.... that's it for now.. I have a few more, but need to do some additional research myself...

Enjoy!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    HM closing in 2006? I hope not in February, but with my luck it will.

Hope you don't come up with any rumors about PoTC anytime soon!
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-07-2005 at 12:11 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    It better not be during Mardi Gras week either...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Aslong as HM is open in Dec 2006, I'll be happy.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    this is just my rotten luck at work again! never fear, it won't be closed in February, it'll be closed from May 28th till June 4th... exactly when I'll be there for the first time in 10 years to ride my favorite attraction at ANY theme park.

If we can dream it, we can do it

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Interesting stuff, especially for the Mansion. That needs a heck load of TLC.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    8) - I'm sure you all know about the Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow animatronics figure rumored to be added as a final scene in Pirates of the Carribean, so I won't even go there.
    This will thrill my Son! Although....we bought the talking Jack Sparrow doll from PoTC on our last trip and I have to say it drives me crazy when I walk by it a 1000 times a day. It is motion activated!

Do you know how long this projected refurb of HM should take???? I can't even imagine going to WDW and not riding that!

And as far as Little Green Men bumper car thing...if they touch CoP...HEADS WILL (and theere will be NO laughter!)

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    this is just my rotten luck at work again! never fear, it won't be closed in February, it'll be closed from May 28th till June 4th... exactly when I'll be there for the first time in 10 years to ride my favorite attraction at ANY theme park.
    Dont feel bad. I will be there the same time. May 28 - June 7. I understand that they have to do this, but it does stink that when you plan your trip, make reservations and get all set, then you find out that one of your favorites is going to be closed!
    Last year it was the Alien Encounter that was closed when we were there.

If it will only be HM then I guess we will have to pick up our bottom lips and go on.

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Quote Originally Posted by uratoon
    Last year it was the Alien Encounter that was closed when we were there.
    What makes it worse is that Alien Encounter is still closed....gone for good and the REALLY bad part about it is that it has been replaced by Stitch's Great Escape!!!! Everybody warned me not to waste our time with it, but I had to see it for myself...which now I am very sorry for! I guess I'm glad that I tried it at least once (which I always recommend to everyone...try everything at least once so you know for yourself!) so now I know to never go back again! Once was more than enough!

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Well I think I will take your advice and not bother. My daughter wanted to try it but I can easily get her mind off of it by suggesting Mission Space, again!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    What I can't figure out is why it takes so long to do a refurbishment (6 months typically) for 1 ride or attraction when all of the MK was built in about 1 year!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    What I can't figure out is why it takes so long to do a refurbishment (6 months typically) for 1 ride or attraction when all of the MK was built in about 1 year!
    It's all in the details. Good work takes time.

Besides...the technology is much more complex these days.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Well I think I will take your advice and not bother. My daughter wanted to try it but I can easily get her mind off of it by suggesting Mission Space, again!
    that may not work since they are in different parks...but worth a try

I like Stitch's Great Escape.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It you go see it with an open mind and don't compare it to AE...then you may like it too.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I like Stitch's Great Escape.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It you go see it with an open mind and don't compare it to AE...then you may like it too.

I never saw AE I was too chicken
    I kinda like Stitch too....not my favorite ride but it is ok

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast