Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss secret club? in the News & Rumors forums; Hi im new and just stumbled on this forum because I was trying to find out if it is true that there is a secret elite club for Disneyland. I've ...
    sheshell is offline A-Ticket holder

secret club?

Hi im new and just stumbled on this forum because I was trying to find out if it is true that there is a secret elite club for Disneyland. I've heared that it is very expensive and that there is a huge waiting list. I just got back from Disneyland and i miss it already! I think that it is called like; club 44 or something? Anyone know what im referring to?

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I believe that you are referring to Club 33.....with enough $$ and time you can get in....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

sheshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    what exactly is it about? Are there any members here? I dont have enough $ but I am just very interested in the all secrets behind the happiest place on earth.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Club 33 is a Membership Only dining area in Disneyland that is mainly for the Hollywood elite, very wealthy, or otherwise "powerful" people. It is in the New Orleans Square area, and overlooks the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I don't know what the price of membership is off-hand, but I do remember that it costs more for a membership at Club 33 than what we typically pay to stay an entire week on Disney property. ...Needless to say, I've never been inside Club 33.

Oh, and I seem to remember there being a second Club 33 in Tokyo Disneyland -- but I don't know anything about that establishment.

Hope this helps!

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    A little Club 33 trivia. It is the only place in the Magic Kingdom that you can have an alcoholic beverage. It started off as a corporate sponsor hideaway.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm a member of a secret club too. Nobody has ever heard of my secret club because it's a secret. I could tell you about it, but it wouldn't be a secret any more. That is why I am the only member, because I can't trust anybody else to keep my secret.
    They call me "Nana"

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I'm a member of a secret club too. Nobody has ever heard of my secret club because it's a secret. I could tell you about it, but it wouldn't be a secret any more. That is why I am the only member, because I can't trust anybody else to keep my secret.

I know about your secret club. And I plan to sell the secret to the National Enquirer.

BE afraid, be very afraid
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Since you just told us that you have it, doesn't that break the secret? Ok, maybe we don't know the name.....but give us time, we will get it out of ya!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    There was a semi-secret club just off WDW called The Big Bamboo Lounge. It was a great little place where Cast Members and ex-CMs went to relax and hang out. Sadly, it has recently closed down. . . . I miss the Boo!

To take a look at this lost piece of WDW check:http://www.bigbamboolounge.com
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Talking about Club 33, I just couldn't pass up adding in some DisneyLies quotes:

All the rooms are elegantly appointed, and the lounge has a large balcony that overlooks New Orleans Square and the Rivers of America. Club members are permitted to throw small items of their choice at the heads of passing run-of-the-mill guests with impunity.

Surprisingly, Club 33 does not maintain its own kitchen. Even though the club occupies space above the Blue Bayou Restaurant, all food served there is specially prepared at the Dennys across the street from the resort.
    Last edited by 20K; 08-11-2005 at 05:12 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife
    Club 33 is a Membership Only dining area in Disneyland that is mainly for the Hollywood elite, very wealthy, or otherwise "powerful" people.
    Actually, it's for whoever can afford the initiation and annual fees, and whose name comes up to the top of the waiting list.