Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Air conditioned character suits? in the News & Rumors forums; Those three do. The rest don't....
    Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Those three do. The rest don't.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

wickedqueed is offline A-Ticket holder
    can't speak for C-30 because he wouldn't be remotely near my height range, but the "fans" you speak of simply inflate the plastic Connie and Carnosaur costumes. It's like being inside a giant beach float. NO AC IN COSTUMES! Simply not true!

Corey is offline A-Ticket holder

From The Inside Source...

I can tell you that very few of the costumes have a fan unit inside. 99% of our costuming depends on pure human endurance. Also, it is only a rumor that the MK parade floats have on-board air conditioning. They only have fan units that blow air into the globes. They tried air conditioning for a short period, but it proved to be unsuccessful because condensation built up on the globes.

Miabear123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family I went on the Key to the Magic Kingdom tour this summer and then send the costumes do not have a/c in them. The character switch pretty frequently. Also, the globes do not have a/c because the condensation.

dznygoddess is offline A-Ticket holder
    You would think that they would all have some kind of cooling system in the costumes...... if not then I hope they pay their people wearing the costumes A LOT of $$$ to do that in the Florida heat. LOL
    ~You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting~

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was paid $6.50 an hour to do that. Not enough to keep me there full time
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    My best friend joined the character cast for a short period of time... and there definitely were NOT fans or air-conditioning anywhere near any of those costumes. I've been a costume character before (not for Disney, sadly) and there usually isn't room for any type of cooling system inside. Although, if someone created a method for cooling down the suits, they'd make millions!
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

KatieLuvsMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    humm I've heard there is AC in some and I've also heard that there is only fans. Personally I don't know where they'd put it, so I think I agree with the majority that there is nothing.

Katie
    i luv Tink!

bfbulldog is offline A-Ticket holder

Suits Are Not AC'd, Globes Are

The charecter suits do not have ac units in them, that is an urban legend, they are only out in public for 10 minutes when it's hot out and a little longer when it's cooler, the globes in the parades are AC'd and if you look closely when watching a parade with the globes you can usually see the charecters costumes blowing up and around from the AC

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I know a CM that plays Mickey Mouse and she assures me they are not air conditioned.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    They only go out for 10? That would seem like a long time if it were hot but it still seems really short. I dont know, maybe its just me.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

spaceshipclover is offline A-Ticket holder
    I work at build a bear, and some times get to wear a bear costume that I imagine would be similar to a disney animal costume, though I do get to stay in air conditioning. We have special ice packs that we put on under the suit around our torso and neck. Does Disney use anything like this to keep CMs cool? I can't imagin be out in that heat otherwise... even with the climate control and ice packs we couldn't make it more than an hour.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    You know, I kind of wondered that myself...
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My dream is to a "close personal friend" of Mickey Mouse in 2008. I'm wondering if I'll be able to build up some stamina to take the heat.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

hillz232 is offline A-Ticket holder
    no the costumes are very hot and very uncomfortable. i am applying to be a character performer with the college program, and from what i understand from those i've talked to who work as characters the costumes are like wearing a winter coat with many layers underneath with many layers of pants with snow pants on top with tube socks, slippers and 3 ski masks along with really hot weather. but i do know that there is an option to wear those camelbaks which are essentially water bottles you wear on your back. Or, people use cooling packs that are worn around the neck and ankles. but it sounds like a blast regardless i'm excited about it, but they really should accomodate their characters. oh and they are out for 30 minutes at a time not 10 i think so anyway. pretty sure
    Last edited by hillz232; 12-30-2005 at 12:07 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast