Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Air conditioned character suits? in the News & Rumors forums; That sounds really cool. You'll have to report back to us as soon as you are in....
    lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    That sounds really cool. You'll have to report back to us as soon as you are in.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

hillz232 is offline A-Ticket holder
    will do!! i audition and apply in feb. I'm pluto height!!!! I'm thrilled he's my favorite. I was my highschool mascot and so i hope that helps me with the audition but i'm still a little nervous. terribly excited though

with highschool mascot youll proboly get it right away, expecially bc u actually know what its like to be in one of those suits(unless ur mascot was simple or didnt have legs or somthing like that) GOOD LUCK though
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

it was a panther suit it was the hottest thing in the world i absolutely loved it though! thanks for the encouragement! it's nice to have!

Miabear123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Costume

I hope you get the part. Maybe look around this board and other boards to get as much information as possible.

Sara

yeah i'm trying to unfortuneately there isn't much. but it would be helpful to know exactly what the audition is like. oh well, i'm not worried. just a little nervous that's all. thanks for the encouragement and suggestion!
    -hillary ann
    a dream is a wish your heart makes...

*** hopeful 2006 fall program wdwcp character performer **

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tnkrbell91104
    You would think that they would all have some kind of cooling system in the costumes...... if not then I hope they pay their people wearing the costumes A LOT of $$$ to do that in the Florida heat. LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHAAA...

The character club song- usually sung on thursdays (payday)

ahem- " M-I-C, C how much the govt took in taxes? K-E-Y Y am i doing this for $5.65 an hour? O-U-S-O-B!"

theres more, but i cant remember it all... its just a joke kids, i loved every minute of it...

Quote Originally Posted by hillz232
    yeah i'm trying to unfortuneately there isn't much. but it would be helpful to know exactly what the audition is like. oh well, i'm not worried. just a little nervous that's all. thanks for the encouragement and suggestion!
    -hillary ann
    I Auditioned while on the CP and was accepted. email or yahoo me and i'll tell you what i know. my info may be dated, i was there in 1997. but from the auditions website, it seems the same. I was given a lot of help through the audition, i was reccomended by at least 6 ppls, and am over 6'2, so i was in demand. Tall folks and shorties are usually given special consideration. Unfortunatly for you, though, Pluto height is pretty common, so you'll have lots of competition. I'll help if you can!

Good Luck!
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

I was accepted into the wdwcp fall 2006!!!! I audition for character performer on March 30 i'm so excited but i need some advice! thanks
    hillary

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Awesome! I'm trying for it in March. I hope I get it. And BTW, I live in Missouri!

Karamie

Miabear123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Get the Part

I not sure on what advice to give you about becoming a Disney Character, but have fun and keep posting. I happy for you. Which character do you get to be?
    Last edited by Miabear123; 02-15-2006 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typo

Congratulations!!

kstinw19 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As someone who had "been there" for about four years...ummm, no, they are not air conditioned. In fact, not only do you wear the fur, but you also have this cusioned one piece thing underneath that feels like wearing a pillow on your stomach and legs (although not all costumes have this). Its extremely hot and I did pass out once.

The fans you are referring to are not a/c. They merely blow up the costume...in fact, that is your only source of air in some costumes. In order to keep them inflated, no air can leak out if you kwim.

And characters stay out in the park for 30 minutes on normal days. If the temp reaches 90 degrees, your set gets shortened to 25 minutes, and if it's above 95 degrees it goes to 20 minutes. I only passed out once when my replacement didn't show up on time and I had to stay out there in 90 degree heat for about 45 minutes. the hardest thing to get used to is not being able to wipe the sweat off of your face...think about it...

Anyway, fun while it lasted but the pay was weak...loved the experience though and would do it again in a heartbeat.

And good luck with the audition...you really have to know how to dance!!!
    Last edited by kstinw19; 02-15-2006 at 09:57 PM.

ooo like getting hte sweat in your eyes. I have the same problem because im a clown, your know full makeup and all. Its not the same but you still hve the hot outfit. I one time had to stay out in 100 degree weather for 4 hours w/ a break of about 10 min halfway through. That was a rough day. Luckly the rest of the week was only upper 90s. But then again, the outfit isnt warm enough in the winter when its 10 degrees out and you just have the semi-heavy clotehs on.

kstinw19 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yikes! I could imagine how hot/cold you are in a clown costume...and you have to smile/frown! At least in the Disney costumes you don't have to do either.

You also reminded me of the great days when it was unseasonably cold...it was great to curl up in a furry costume and go to sleep on your break...like a big blanket!!

very cool where in mo if you don't mind me asking. i'm from ks right on the mo state line. anyway, do you mean you go down in march or you apply in march? Because i was already accepted. i'm leaving in august

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast