Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Air conditioned character suits? in the News & Rumors forums; this is a rumor i have heard for a while now Do the people in the character suit have a/c in it?...
    GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...

Air conditioned character suits?

this is a rumor i have heard for a while now
    Do the people in the character suit have a/c in it?
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What costumes?????? What people??????

Not as far as I know, but I have never had personal experience with it so I can't say for sure. However, I was told that the MK parade floats that look like snowglobes have a/c in the globes because the sun shining into the plastic (or whatever it's made of) makes them extremely hot.
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    i've always wondered about that! I DO know that in SOME suits they do, well that's just what i've heard, they could be lying though! you never know until YOU experience it!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I dont think so.
    I just love World of Warcraft.

I think that is very unlikely...how would it run and where would they put it? That's why you will only see character's out for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. If they had air conditioners in their suits they wouldn't have to keep switching and taking breaks.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    No AC.
    As far as I know the only suit that has any kind of cooling system is Beast. . . . he has a small fan inside there.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    There are no cooling system in them. They don't even wear the 'cool suits' under them. (I think they should). Also the snow globes just have fans blowing in them. If the air was AC the globes would condensate and you could not see the characters (they originally did).

MadHatter_wdw is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok...think about it this way. You are wearing something like a fur coat with a head...it weighs anywhere from 15lbs to 30lbs... would you really want to lug around an air conditioner as well? The only time a character gets "air conditioned" is when they are walking around inside...in the air conditioning. And even then, its not like they really feel it.
    The parade floats/globes, etc are not air conditioned. Noone has fans or airconditioners in their costumes. NOONE.
    When its 102 outside. and it feels like 110...the characters feel like its a lot hotter than that.
    TRUST ME.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter_wdw
    Ok...think about it this way. You are wearing something like a fur coat with a head...it weighs anywhere from 15lbs to 30lbs... would you really want to lug around an air conditioner as well? The only time a character gets "air conditioned" is when they are walking around inside...in the air conditioning. And even then, its not like they really feel it.
    The parade floats/globes, etc are not air conditioned. Noone has fans or airconditioners in their costumes. NOONE.
    When its 102 outside. and it feels like 110...the characters feel like its a lot hotter than that.
    TRUST ME.
    So what character have had the "honor" of being???

And BTW....Welcome to the DWT Family!!!

Nomeskome is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was a CP at The Disney/MGM Studios and I can say No! They are not air-conditioned!
    The only relief they get is to go back into wardrobe and take off their heads or take off their suits (they are not allowed to take off any of their costume until they are safely out of sight). Being in such hot suits dehydrates a person FAST, so it is up to their handlers to sneak them a drink via a straw during those hot summer months.

When training the instructor told us the importance of staying hydrated by telling a story about how Mickey Mouse had passed out and traumatized the kids, because they thought he had died (tee-hee hee. I know, I'm twisted). Thankfully when he passed out his head stayed on. They had to pick him up and carry him backstage to revive him. They told the kids he fell asleep and he would be back in a little bit. I guess he was tired?

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeskome
    I was a CP at The Disney/MGM Studios and I can say No! They are not air-conditioned!
    The only relief they get is to go back into wardrobe and take off their heads or take off their suits (they are not allowed to take off any of their costume until they are safely out of sight). Being in such hot suits dehydrates a person FAST, so it is up to their handlers to sneak them a drink via a straw during those hot summer months.

When training the instructor told us the importance of staying hydrated by telling a story about how Mickey Mouse had passed out and traumatized the kids, because they thought he had died (tee-hee hee. I know, I'm twisted). Thankfully when he passed out his head stayed on. They had to pick him up and carry him backstage to revive him. They told the kids he fell asleep and he would be back in a little bit. I guess he was tired?

Oh God, that would have scared me for life. Sheesh... "Hi mickey! How are ya" *bam! mickey goes face down onto the pavement* "mommy, what did i do to mickey?!?"
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The C3PO costume can have a small fan placed near the back because of the metallic nature of the costume. The other costume that does have a fan in it because it is partially inflated is the Carnosaurus at Animal Kingdom. As a previous performer there, I never saw a fan in any other costume.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

Nomeskome is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

I never saw those charchters at WDW! Are they only out at certain times and which lands are they located? I would love to try to get my photo with them the next time I go down there!

Nomeskome

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know if they use them anymore. They were out near Dinoland at Animal Kingdom, and I believe there was a male and a female.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast