Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Urban Legends in the News & Rumors forums; Ok. Thought I recognized that Tinker Bell one. It was taken from the DisneyLies.com, a satirical Disney site filled with mostly lies. I'm still kinda wondering if they are telling ...
    FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok. Thought I recognized that Tinker Bell one. It was taken from the DisneyLies.com, a satirical Disney site filled with mostly lies. I'm still kinda wondering if they are telling the truth when they say it's a website.

Here's what it says in their Urban Legends section:

The Legend: The mysterious briefcase in Pulp Fiction contained Tinkerbell.
    Behind the legend: According to notes found in the waste paper basket of Quentin Tarantino, this is true. The contract between Disney and Miramax required the latter to release at least one film each year that featured a Disney character in a significant role, and this was the company's way of meeting that obligation for 1994.

Same thing goes for the PotC question... DisneyLies.com as well:

The Legend: Parts of Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl were filmed within the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
    Behind the Legend: Yep. And
    The Haunted Mansion was filmed in the Haunted Mansion. Same deal with the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. A big chase scene from Speed was filmed on the Autopia, too. Really.

Somebody out there is just going about stealing urban legends from a site filled with lies....

-Tim

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Cool info! Thanks!!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    Hi I guess I'll be the first to cite a web site that will probably be cited a lot in this thread Snopes urban legends page which has a whole section on Disney
    http://www.snopes.com/disney/

If you haven't yet explored this site,please do! This is an awsome site with urban legend anwsers that are true. Once you're done with that, explore the rest of the site. You've got to love it. I hope everyone goes on this website!
    Izzy

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

neat!

That's a nice site! and it has the Spanish orphan/adopted one I'd heard:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/illegit.htm
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    i love snopes.... good site. i go there whenever i'm bored to check for updates.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    sorry, couldn't resist, but whenever i hear all the stories about Walt being frozen, it gives Disney On Ice all new meaning.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    whenever i hear all the stories about Walt being frozen, it gives Disney On Ice all new meaning.
    That is so good...

Are any of the urban legends about Matterhorn accidents actually true? I just hear so many different altering view-points and stories, and of course Disney would never officially (And don't legally have to) release such information to the public.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Isn't there a rumor that the reason the skyway was shut down in WDW was because someone fell out of it?

I had heard that Pulp Fiction/Tinkerbell one before, but I still think it was just the ever elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, caught and hidden in the suitcase...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

DissyLoveI had heard that Pulp Fiction/Tinkerbell one before, but I still think it was just the ever elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, caught and hidden in the suitcase...
    The eternal, never ending debate continues. I second your dizzyness!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Isn't there a rumor that the reason the skyway was shut down in WDW was because someone fell out of it?:
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe a Cast Member was killed while working on the platform where the Skyway had the turn. From what I was told, he was working and didn't know the cars were moving (this was before the park opened for the day) and he was knocked off the platform.

My favorite site to go for a Disney chuckle is http://disneylies.com/

My favorite one is the 2004 Annual Disney Trivia Quiz. The writer must be very warped!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

One of my more recent DisneyLies favourites:

Will Disneyland be making changes to the Pirates ride so that it is a different ride at night? (2/16/05)

A recent online article revealed that Disney is indeed considering adding to the beloved Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, giving it the capability to turn into a very different attraction after the sun goes down. Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (and its upcoming sequels, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearls, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl III), Imagineers have drawn up preliminary plans for a ride modification which would make Pirates a horrific ride after the sun goes down.

The plan is to expand the ride's path into the current boat storage area, through unused (and badly flooded) areas of New Orleans Square's underbelly, and out to the Rivers of America (much as Splash Mountain briefly enters the river). In this new ride section, to be used only at night, horrifying dead pirates with flesh hanging from their bones would attack passing guest boats, firing cannons and throwing knives while singing a "corrupted" version of the famed Pirates song. In scenes unfit for small children, skeletal pirates will sell their captives into slavery and chase after women for food they crave but can not enjoy. When guests reach the Rivers of America, they will find themselves face-to-face with the Columbia, decked out in pirate gear, and firing upon them with all guns.

Initial plans call for adding some 600 feet of ride experience, adding 90 animatronic figures, and adapting all current figures so that they can switch to scary "night mode" on command. An alternative, "Eisner safe" proposal has also been drawn up which includes putting scary hats on existing animatronic figures (including pigs and cats) and instructing cast members to scowl. It is expected that a final okay for these modifications will not be given until guest reaction to the "it's a small world" nighttime overlay "werewolves of the world" can be measured.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

I gotta say I got about 2 lines in to that article and then spit the Diet Coke out of my mouth from laughing. I love the Eisner version, also...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    sorry, couldn't resist, but whenever i hear all the stories about Walt being frozen, it gives Disney On Ice all new meaning.
    My Mom used to tease me whenever we saw the Dickie Dee Ice cream cart that Walt was frozen inside. I could never bring myself to get an ice cream bar from one of those things since.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    My all-time favorite part of Disneylies.com:

In 2003, DisneyLies.com began collecting all of Michael Eisner's most inspirational, most pro-Disney quotations. These are quotes that will make you feel good about the company's leadership and about the future of Disney's film and theme-park businesses. The complete list is below. Enjoy!

"My contract's up in 2006."
    -- Michael Eisner
    :
    Lisa

"No capes!"

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ok, I have never been to disneylies.com(but I will be going there in a minute). I thought this article was real up until the last paragraph. It had me very concerned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast