Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Urban Legends in the News & Rumors forums; I am often asked questions about Disney and WDW myths and "urban legends". An email I received today prompted me to start this thread, where I (and all of you), ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Question Disney Urban Legends

I am often asked questions about Disney and WDW myths and "urban legends". An email I received today prompted me to start this thread, where I (and all of you), can discuss and confirm/deny some of these (often hysterically funny) rumors.

The question I received tonight was:

In the movie Pulp Fiction, is it true that the briefcase contains Tinkerbell? No, really... that was the question! Why he asked me, I'll never know!

Well... not being in Quentin Tarentino's mind (thankfully), I can't asnwer with 100% accuracy. However, I have heard that although he has never discussed the contents of the briefcase in an interview, there is a long-standing rumor that notes of his state that our little lady Tinkerbell was the case's mysterious contents. Further rumors suggest that this was due to a contractual obligation between Disney and Miramax which required Miramax to include a Disney character in one of their mvies each year. That, however, I highly doubt.

One other quick question I got last year was:

Is it true that some scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl were filmed inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in WDW?
    Ummmm.... No.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Ha! Never heard the Tink one before. That is pretty good. I don't think there would be a requirement to have a Disnay character in another movie. Disney would have no control over it.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    From what I understand, Quentin refuses to say exactly what's in the case. Each viewer is supposed to decide for themselves what is so valuable. Some people think it's money or drugs. There is a very cool theory that says it is the soul of one of the characters (he sold it to the devil or something and they are stealing it back), which would totally explain it's great worth. So, given the fact that it can be whatever you think it might be, I guess technically it could be Tink, if you find that to be a valuable thing to have.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Well there's one rumor my husband insists is true - that Walt Disney is frozen and his head is in the top of Cinderella Castle......
    I know - he's a big goofball
    He even used it in a narration on one of our vacation tapes

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Well there's one rumor my husband insists is true - that Walt Disney is frozen and his head is in the top of Cinderella Castle
    Why that's just plain silly... We all know that Walt's body is frozen and in Frontierland, not the Castle (Lou beating that horse to absolute death)
    Lou Mongello

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's funny, I heard Walt was bronzed with a stuffed Mickey and set up in front of the Castle.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Why that's just plain silly... We all know that Walt's body is frozen and in Frontierland, not the Castle (Lou beating that horse to absolute death)

not any moreso than Chevy Chase on the original SNL did with Generalissimo Francisco Franco

to paraphrase "........... and this just in ............Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead! "

for those youngsters out there Franco was the president of Spain that was near death for months on end back in the mid 1970's, and the running gag was that he was still alive. So when he finally went to the great reward, SNL decided to keep the gag going but this time saying he was still dead

Wow! I must be old.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Tigg.. great post!! Thanks for giving me a chuckle with the Chevy Chase bit! I remember it well (and still enjoy it! For you kids... this is when SNL was actually funny).
    Lou Mongello

mondo1748 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lets see Urban Legends....What about the one that stated that a guy after operating hours jumped the turn style that use to be in front of the escalator in the Contemporary Resort....from there he jumped on to a monorail track and walked outside the building to get a picture of the building from outside and when he got out of the air doors he spun around and slipped off falling to his death. Now this may seem far fetched but lets face it people we've all seen winners check in to the Disney Resort before (my saying is that people check there brains with there luggage).....so is it really an urban legend or not????

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I have heard of weird things like that but not that particular one. About two weeks ago we saw a teenager jump onto and over the resort track at the TTC. They did shut the entire system down for a bit because of it.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Walt is Frozen...

I heard that Walt Disney was frozen at an undisclosed location only to be thawed if there was a cure to what he died from. Any truth to that??

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

short answer no

Hi I guess I'll be the first to cite a web site that will probably be cited a lot in this thread Snopes urban legends page which has a whole section on Disney
    http://www.snopes.com/disney/

Heres the longer explanation of how this myth started
    http://www.snopes.com/disney/info/wd-ice.htm
    and heres the short answers page
    http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/frozen.htm

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

Disney being Spanish and adopted

This one we used to get a lot when we worked in the Hispanic section... there's a book that says that Walt & Roy were Spanish orphans adopted by the Disney family. I remember seeing the book once, but can't really recall it (although I'm sure I can find it).
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by akur
    This one we used to get a lot when we worked in the Hispanic section... there's a book that says that Walt & Roy were Spanish orphans adopted by the Disney family. I remember seeing the book once, but can't really recall it (although I'm sure I can find it).

This is the first I have heard on this Walt looks so much like his father Elias it has to be a myth
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    So THAT is what the gold light was?!?! Wow?!?!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast