Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss The Living Seas Update?!?!!?! in the News & Rumors forums; Ahh...I miss the SeaCabs so much.....I really don't care for the Hyperlators...oops! sorry! wrong attraction....Hydrolators....
    Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ahh...I miss the SeaCabs so much.....I really don't care for the Hyperlators...oops! sorry! wrong attraction....Hydrolators.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

EPCOT MG is offline A-Ticket holder

The SEAS OPENS!!!

HEY I just wanted to let you all know that as of Yesterday the 23rd of NOV. the Living Seas has reopened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALong with the coke tasting attraction that is now called CLUB COOL!!

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thats awesome....can't wait to see it. Are the seacabs back?
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    where is the entrance to the living seas?:mickey
    JEANY SANCHEZ

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Disnatic
    Thats awesome....can't wait to see it. Are the seacabs back?

Not at this time, they are rumored to be back by spring
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by JEANYLASER
    where is the entrance to the living seas?:mickey

The new entrance is at where you used to exit the attraction.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Sa-weeeeet! I'm gonna hafta check it out when I head down there tomorrow (assuming it wasn't only reopened just for the holiday). I'll give you all an idea of what I see when i get back.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... It sounds like they have gone to town on this and really spruced things up in 'The Living Seas Pavillion'!!
    I can't wait to see the difference next year!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    they have toned down the colors inside greatly. Lots of darker colors in the blue family. The que for Turtle Talk is huge. It takes up most of the floor area. The exit hydrolators are of course gone. This area is now the gift shop. From the center of SeaBase you can see right out the exit doors where the Hydrolators once were. Kind of a bizarre look / feeling when you are use to being 'under' water.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    Thanks for the info. I can't wait for my trip in 26 days! I'll definitly check out the improved Living Seas.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    What are the chances that they're using the former exit as a temporary entrance? Maybe they're sprucing up the hydrolators and they'll be back when the SeaCabs return?

OK, I can at least hope...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    olmec, the Hydros are gone. They have built new walls / areas where they once were.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Dang Trendy!... You beat me to my own review! Anywho... basically, all that stuff he just said was what I was going to say. You enter through the former exit, the doors look pretty neat (blue stained glass with bubbles), and there is a small store there as you enter. The hydrolators are now gone entirely, so you walk directly in from the doors, through the store and into the center of what was formerly Seabase Alpha. The new interior paint job is all various shades of blue (new resort idea? j/k ). The turtle talk queue now takes up not only the area in front of TT, but also the entire central area of the room between the two staircases. (I have pictures to come later). I was never a frequent visitor of the Living Seas, so I'm not terribly familiar with its previous form, so I may not be the best to give you before and after comparisons, but I can assure you that the decor has changed noticeably, while the basic layout of the aquarium sections remain pretty much unchanged since I was there shortly before the refurb. Oh, and as for the exterior of the building... a large blue wall still remains out front, indicating that there is still work to be done. My guess is, as Olmec said, that the new entrance is temporary. However, I do not believe the hydros will be back, because the exit ones are now extinct. But certainly something is yet to be done with the front of the building, and it just doesn't make sense that you go through the store before the attraction, so I'm positive there will be another entrance when this whole thing is done.

Oh, and someone who has seem Turtle talk more times than myself can probably answer this better... but I think maybe TT has been expanded on just a bit (the show itself, not the theater). I'd seen it two or three times before refurb, and it was basically the same each time, with Crush being the only character you saw. This time Dory also made an appearance and interacted a bit with the people (not as much as Crush though... almost as if she had only a few preset reactions). She and Crush taught us how to speak Whale, which of course resulted in a huge Whale swimming up and pressing himself up against the wall of the "people tank". We had to tell him to "gooooooooooo awwaaaaaaaaaay, Whaaaaaaaaale!" so that we could continue with the show. I'd never seen Dory or a whale or basically anyone other than Crush in the show before, so I'm not sure if that was added recently or not. Like I said, those of you who visited the Living Seas more than myself would probably know the answer to that one.
    -Don-

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Please tell me the JIM Suits are still there. I'd hate such a piece of diving history to fall into the clutches of MouseSurplus.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

There weren't any of the old "historical" equipment or designs in the aquarium section. They will probably be back in the front section of the attraction when it opens back up in full. That's where all that stuff was before the refurb anyway.
    -Don-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast