Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss WDW Space Mountain Rumor in the News & Rumors forums; I agree, a little rehab would be good, and much needed, but anything too fancy would dissapoint us nostalgic fanatics....
    tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I agree, a little rehab would be good, and much needed, but anything too fancy would dissapoint us nostalgic fanatics.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Belle of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am in total support of a massive rehab. I've had some very disappointing experiences trying to ride Space Mountain this year.

Attempt #1: Late June 2005
    My family was nearly ready to board when we heard a crashing noise and the ride shut down. The lights came on, and we waited for about an hour (plus the wait time before that point) before they decided to shut the ride down. We were given fast passes, and my sister says she saw a stretcher as we exited the building.

Attempt #2: Same Day
    My sister was able to find one of her best friends in Fantasyland, who was down there at the same time. Her twin sister did not want to ride it, so she and my sister head off to ride it. They were barely in the building when they heard an even louder niose (She said she thought the building was caving in), and they called for all non-necessary employees. They left immediately without fast passes.

Attempt #3: Three days later
    This time, we actually got on! There were a couple of delays while we were in the line, but at least we rode it!

Attempt #4: September 9, 2005
    We were about halfway through the line when the ride was shut down. We were turned away without any fast passes. We checked it again after we rode another ride, but we could tell by walking by that it was still closed.

This proves that Space Mountain is in need of some work. I'd be okay if it closed as long as the Disneyland version did if it meant that the ride would work again!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    hmmm, I wonder what happened.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yeah that sounds like some serious problem!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    BTW to the forums!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

bigT is offline A-Ticket holder
    I personaly like SM

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    personally i think that space mountain is awesome
    i would hate to see them do a major rehab on WDW's SM
    we went on it once with older people
    they didn't seem to complain about it

maybe they can get new ride cars with the same lapbar system (maybe a little bigger car for the tall people
    it hurts my feet to put them in there
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Note to everyone, my own personal DID YOU KNOW if you will...

Did you know that the University of Central Florida helped with the vehicles used on Space Mt. now? In our Engineering building there is a cart from SM on the wall on a track and next to it is a plaque that talks about how UCF helped. I swear I picked a winner of University!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree with Mainstreet. I think that updating is good so long as the reasons for it are to keep the ride safe and focus on maintanence. My family and I have never been on a holiday to Disney exclusively, we have always rented a villa for 2/3 weeks and got hopper tickets for Disney as well as Universal/Busch/Sea World etc. We go to Universal for our "big thrills" but it is nothing like Disney. Yes they've improved their attention to detail and the way they theme things but none of it is good enough to make us want to go slowly and take it all in. We literally run around the Universal parks to get onto our favourite attractions as many times as possible . With Disney its different. There's a feeling of being part of a family which I get when I walk through those gates and I never want to rush around. When we are in Disney we take everything in because its one of a kind and it is actually fun to just walk around and take it all in. Basically my point is that Disney needn't worry about keeping up with other parks with big fancy rides because they have something different, something that you can't find anywhere else - that real Disney magic!

well i have posted a few time in here before
    but i think that maybe if they do a rehab or anything
    they should go and do a cleaning rehab

like on the lift hill the windows (you can definatley tell) that it is coverd in dust
    i noticed it this past time
    and they should put a little space music in SM i think it is neat hearing the cars
    but a little BGM wouldn't hurt

but i love space mountain
    and i wouldn't like if they changed the original version
    because this is the original and the first is usually the best
    (depending what it is)

wow i typed alot this time
    lol
    thanks for reading my long post (if you actually did)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love this Mountain and would like them to keep it as much the same as possible. Maybe update the ride cars with some audio systems a la RockinRollerCoaster. But at the same time, I believe the sounds of the cars and track and screams are what contributes to the greatness of the ride. I really don't know. I used to be indecisive...but now I'm not sure.

i think it just like the star tunnel music in the BG i like hearing the screams and car noises too

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah, I don't like the new seats either. I didn't feel like I was properly secured in it and was holding onto dear life more than actually enjoying the ride. If there's anything I want fixed, it's that.

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I think that there is a way to have the best of both worlds. Expand the entire ride, and add in the new track, with improved everything. Spin SM into two different journeys - eventually have the two tracks enter the same black hole in space - the one rocket warps you into the distant future(new track - keep it extra dark, don't go overboard on making it "extreme" so it's still accessible, but add a few surprises - maybe some blacklight effects, or laser pointer/led magic) and then have the other rocket take you into the past(this would be the classic track that we all know and love, refurbished to enhance stability and smoothness, as well as matching whatever upgrades on comfort and style that the new rockets and seats include on the new track). We get to have what we know and love, plus new thrills. There may even be a way for them to keep the one track running while the new one is being built up, and then allow the new track to run while the classic is re-tooled.

I hate to see any old ride get re-done from the ground up, but this could definitely work...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by C#ern@b0g
    I think that there is a way to have the best of both worlds. Expand the entire ride, and add in the new track, with improved everything. Spin SM into two different journeys - eventually have the two tracks enter the same black hole in space - the one rocket warps you into the distant future(new track - keep it extra dark, don't go overboard on making it "extreme" so it's still accessible, but add a few surprises - maybe some blacklight effects, or laser pointer/led magic) and then have the other rocket take you into the past(this would be the classic track that we all know and love, refurbished to enhance stability and smoothness, as well as matching whatever upgrades on comfort and style that the new rockets and seats include on the new track). We get to have what we know and love, plus new thrills. There may even be a way for them to keep the one track running while the new one is being built up, and then allow the new track to run while the classic is re-tooled.

I hate to see any old ride get re-done from the ground up, but this could definitely work...
    Awesome idea. My only question is what about FastPass? As it stands right now, one track is for Fast Pass and the other is for Standby. Does anyone have any ideas how they could redo the line?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast