Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss WDW Space Mountain Rumor in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Contemporary05 My only question is what about FastPass? As it stands right now, one track is for Fast Pass and the other is for Standby. Does anyone ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Contemporary05
    My only question is what about FastPass? As it stands right now, one track is for Fast Pass and the other is for Standby. Does anyone have any ideas how they could redo the line?
    That fastpass thing isn't entirely true though. Both lines are fed into both tracks. The attendants will direct everyone, fastpass and standby, towards the line that most needs filling. Once that one is full, the next group of people will be directed toward the other line. True, I have seen instances where it seemed that they were directing all of the fastpass people towards one track, and then when it filled up, they stopped the fastpass folks and started filling the other track with standby guests. But I'm pretty sure that was just by chance, and that a few minutes later I might have seen the exact opposite taking place. I've also ridden a few times recently where I was given a choice of which line I wanted to get into. So it's not like just because you are in the fastpass line you HAVE to ride the Alpha track or that kind of thing.

But while I'm thinking about the lines, I thought they were working on putting in some sort of a single riders line at Space. What ever happened to that? I saw signs for it one time, but I never actually saw a singles line in use. Does anyone know if they gave up on that idea, or am I just missing something somewhere?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the clarification Don. When my family and I went last year, it seemed as if we always went to the same track when we got our Fast Passes.

As far as the single riders line, do they even have enough queue room to fit in another line? I'm not entirely sure, but that would almost seem to be a cause for lack of a single riders line in my eyes. Like I said, I'm not sure if that's accurate however.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Yeah, I agree there isn't room coming in from the front with the fastpass and standby lines, but I swear I saw a sign for one a few months ago. I was already inside, past where the lines split into the two lines for the two seperate tracks and pass on either side of that control booth. You know how the queue from there goes back almost to the back wall? Well, there are a couple of doors back there, one of which I'm pretty sure is an exit. It was back there that I saw a sign announcing a single riders line at one point a few months back. I'd also heard talk that Disney was attempting to work in a single riders line, so I assumed it was a work in progress at the time I saw that, but since then it seems to have disappeared again.

I know other rides have opened new singles lines recently, so I wouldn't be suprised to see an effort to do so on more rides whenever possible. Mission Space over at EPCOT had one the last time I went, and I never remembered seeing one there before that trip.
    -Don-

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Bad Harnesses

I visited MK in August of 2006. I am a large guy at 6 ft 6 and 425lbs. I fit into absolutely every attraction except Space Mountain. Well, I thought I fit in Space Mountain. When we went over the first hill, my legs popped out from under the T-shaped lap bar, and proceeded to ride the rest of the ride, literally hanging on for dear life. I flopped in and out of the cart, near losing my head on the superstructure. My girlfriend and I joke about it now, but man, it scared the pants off of me.

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81
    I visited MK in August of 2006. I am a large guy at 6 ft 6 and 425lbs. I fit into absolutely every attraction except Space Mountain. Well, I thought I fit in Space Mountain. When we went over the first hill, my legs popped out from under the T-shaped lap bar, and proceeded to ride the rest of the ride, literally hanging on for dear life. I flopped in and out of the cart, near losing my head on the superstructure. My girlfriend and I joke about it now, but man, it scared the pants off of me.

you went to WDW 5 months in the future! thats some trick

But I am sorry to hear about that, that must have been very scary.
    -Tommy-

I went to the future

OOPS! I went on August of 2005 and am I going in August of 2006. That's what I get for giving up coffee.

Mrs. Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree there are some rides that jaust have to stay the way they are thats what makes disney !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Sounds good... except for the fact that then we'd lose the original, which still rocks after all these years. That and now that I'm a passholder, I'd be bummed to see one of my favorite attractions go under a major overhaul like that for a year or however long it would take.
    LOVE THE MOUSE ! :mickey:

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Mickey
    I agree there are some rides that jaust have to stay the way they are thats what makes disney !!!
    I thought change and innovations made Disney. Sorry, first thing that came to my mind.

Change and innovation do make Disney. I just wish they had a park for all the old attractions! I went to Epcot in 1984 at the age of three and enjoyed it more than the Magic Kingdom. I wish I could still see Communicore and Horizons and the others that have grow old and out of touch. I love the new attractions and think the park is better than ever, but those attractions are most memorable to me from my first trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    I need to get out and travel. I am absolutely in love with WDW. Have been since I was a wee squirt of 3. WDW's Magic Kingdom is my favorite theme park in the entire world. But of course i say that kind of blindly, seeing as I've really only been to very few. I know space mountain as the space mountain i've been riding since i was 13. Even with as much as I'd love an update... believe you me, i do enjoy a good modern thrill ride... I'd certainly miss the old one enough to make me say no to an update.

But maybe my opinion could be swayed if I knew what some of the other space mountains were like. I know nothing about the DL one, and I've heard some stories about the DLP one, something about it goes inverted?!?! Is that for real? My girlfriend has a relative in Paris. perhaps if I ever get the opportunity to travel with her I'll have to go check it out.

There's just so many Disney parks!!!
    yea it goes upside down a couple of times your supposed to be launched to the moon with a cannon!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Sa-weeeet! I'm definitely putting that on my to do list for if I ever get out of this country and make good on my lifetime goal to visit all of the Disney theme parks.
    -Don-

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Just work for Disney cuz they give you discounts when you travel to other disney parks, which is what I'm planning on doing.

Anyway, I'd love for Space mountain to be redone somewhat, but who knows when they'll get around to it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Mr. X is offline A-Ticket holder
    It needs to be refurbished desperately. I was just down in WDW for my 7th trip. The ride is too slow IMO... There are some things I love about the ride, ie. the music they play while your in the queue tunnel leading up to the ride. But scenery and the ride itself are due for a chane. I was thouroughly dissappointed this time around. But I did ride EE and RNR prior too, it was my 1st time on those rides.... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

MattUGA is offline A-Ticket holder
    I personally think it's long overdue. The que is antiquated and long. The ride is really rough. I ride roller coasters all over the country and it's one of the roughest while being very tame in relation. I know it's an icon and the problem with an icon is that you will have unhappy visitors for over a year who can't believe the venerable Space Mountain is closed. I think it would be worth it though.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I dont like the idea of riding right next to the other person. It makes it feel more like your in space if your not riding right next to somebody.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast