Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss WDW Space Mountain Rumor in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard from two park CM's that Disney is considering doing a massive rehab along the lines of DL's Space Mountain (which is increible, by the way). I'd love to ...
    colaboy is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Space Mountain Rumor

I've heard from two park CM's that Disney is considering doing a massive rehab along the lines of DL's Space Mountain (which is increible, by the way). I'd love to see them rip out both tracks to create one large coaster experince.

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That would be great if they did rehab space mt, along the lines Dl's. Dl's Is great, just love it. I like the idea of one big track and not two smaller ones.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Sounds good... except for the fact that then we'd lose the original, which still rocks after all these years. That and now that I'm a passholder, I'd be bummed to see one of my favorite attractions go under a major overhaul like that for a year or however long it would take.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I think they should just leave it how it is. It's good to have a coaster for once that almost anyone can go on. However it did seem very aged and decrepid the last time I was at the Magic Kingdom...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'd rather see Space Mountain get gutted and redone. I know several people who can no longer ride that ride because it hurts their lower back whereas it didn't in the past. It's age in showing with a rough ride.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    maybe a redesigned twin track would be nice. DL style cars could really cut down on waits, but yes it has showed its age

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Yes, It has shown age. I like the rehab idea, even though it would probably be shut down for a year, no pain, no gain!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It would be worth it for the sound system in the cars and seats that I don't have to crawl out of!!

Maybe a compromise would work here - a rehab to make it look like DL's version before it's newist incarnation. Still a fairly mild ride, but with the cool soundtrack!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I need to get out and travel. I am absolutely in love with WDW. Have been since I was a wee squirt of 3. WDW's Magic Kingdom is my favorite theme park in the entire world. But of course i say that kind of blindly, seeing as I've really only been to very few. I know space mountain as the space mountain i've been riding since i was 13. Even with as much as I'd love an update... believe you me, i do enjoy a good modern thrill ride... I'd certainly miss the old one enough to make me say no to an update.

But maybe my opinion could be swayed if I knew what some of the other space mountains were like. I know nothing about the DL one, and I've heard some stories about the DLP one, something about it goes inverted?!?! Is that for real? My girlfriend has a relative in Paris. perhaps if I ever get the opportunity to travel with her I'll have to go check it out.

There's just so many Disney parks!!!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I have never been on the one at DL, but I love space mountain at WDW. But I'd be up for a little rehab, but I still think it is a classic.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I just want the old attraction vehicles back! I miss that seatbelt.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    The older vehicles had seatbelts?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Sure did. Also the ride vehicles only had two seats, basically up to four people could ride in the rocket, with one person sitting on the other persons lap.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose101
    Sure did. Also the ride vehicles only had two seats, basically up to four people could ride in the rocket, with one person sitting on the other persons lap.
    Yeah that's how I remember it.I hate the way it is now. I mean I not tall or anything it just the seat are way to uncomfortable espically on my lower back. But Space Mtn. stills rocks in my book and you guys are right a little rehab won't kill it.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i don't think a huge rehab would be a good idea. yes, better seat and seatbelts (oh please!) but besides that Space Mountain is my favorite ride. It has that MK maigc to it (your know what I mean) I love RRC but it doesn't have the magic. Space Mountian should stay the same except for some minor changes--because it rocks!!!!!

(k--Im done with the rant)
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast