Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney to BUY Pixar???? in the News & Rumors forums; OK, if they do, you'll say, "Remeber when Lou said that Disney might actually BUY Pixar?". If they don't, well, it's just a rumor and who cares. So here's the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Disney to BUY Pixar????

OK, if they do, you'll say, "Remeber when Lou said that Disney might actually BUY Pixar?". If they don't, well, it's just a rumor and who cares.

So here's the deal: Rumor has it that Steve Jobs has mentined that he would sell Pixar if the price was right. Now while not necessarily mentioning Disney by name, especially in light of their tenuous negotiations going on now, he did say that given the right price (market value is about $5.9 Billion right now. Yes, I said, BILLION), he would sell. Now, would Disney fork over almost 6 big ones for Pixar? Doubt it, but who knows....

Remeber that on Friday, the Walt Disney Company will release 'Chicken Little,' its first animated film since revamping its animation studio. Also remember that Pixar has a lot riding on the film's success as well, as they have a joint venture with Disney to make and market animated films through 2006.

We'll have to just wait and see I guess....
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow! I can't imagine Disney could (would) do it, but I could see the benefits of it!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Hmm...this concerns me. In recent years Disney hasn't done as well IMNSVHO with storytelling and character development in its full length feature films. Pixar, OTOH, has done very well. I am concerned if Disney does buy Pixar the story/characters would suffer. If Disney does buy Pixar, I hope they turn out the same quality of films as before and it doesn't suffer.

Anyhow...Pixar has established its own brand now. It doesn't really need Disney anymore. At least I don't think they do...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I would be for it as long as the creativeness gets to be "bought" also. I love the creativity of Pixar and miss it in the Disney Movies-who seem to have sequalitis very bad!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Disney can buy me for 6 billion!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Disney can buy me for 6 billion!!!

You ain't lieing sista

But is they do buy Pixar I hope they don't lose the creative juices that they got going over there.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well they have been advertising chicken little for ages now - lets hope it does well.

and I would hope that when you bought the company, the talent would come with it!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i'm going to have to agree with everyone on this one...the creativity def needs to stay intact...we could use some more creative story lines.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree creativity needs to stay around. Pixar has helped Disney create it most recent succesful movies. Is Chicken Little Pixar too? Why isnt that mentioned in the commercials and other places like the previous movies have been?
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda
    I agree creativity needs to stay around. Pixar has helped Disney create it most recent succesful movies. Is Chicken Little Pixar too? Why isnt that mentioned in the commercials and other places like the previous movies have been?

Because Chicken Little isn't a Pixar film...

The Disney-Pixar films are:
    Toy Story
    A Bug's Life
    Toy Story 2
    Monsters, Inc.
    Finding Nemo
    The Incredibles
    Cars
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I heard (on the radio) that Larry the Cable Guy does one of the voices for cars- I think the tow truck. That should be interesting.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I heard (on the radio) that Larry the Cable Guy does one of the voices for cars- I think the tow truck. That should be interesting.
    yep. your absoluteley correct. his name in the movie is Tow Mater.

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know if I can see Disney buying Pixar. But I know Iger has said he wants to try and repair the relationship between the two companies. Supposedly it is supposed to be one of his top priorities.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

mountainflowers is offline A-Ticket holder
    chicken little is disneys 1st attempt to try to emulate the pixar style (3d computer?)
    disney screwed pixar over in some past films so now pixar doenst wnat anything to do with disney anymore. they plan to go on creating their own films to compete against disney.....
    Elizabeth

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I actually went to see Chicken Little this weekend in 3D, and it was amazing. If Disney keeps doing 3D pictures like this I will not be that upset that Pixar is leaving.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast