Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Bye bye Fast Pass??? in the News & Rumors forums; I can't believe this, but it seems to be happening in Disneyland. See the second article on the linked page: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071304a.htm I would really, really hate to see WDW discontinue ...
    Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Bye bye Fast Pass???

I can't believe this, but it seems to be happening in Disneyland. See the second article on the linked page:

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071304a.htm

I would really, really hate to see WDW discontinue the FastPass!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Seems like DL went crazy with the FP's. WDW has removed many FP machines in the last year. And some they just keep covered up and rarely ever use. Why waste the money on the attractions that may never have a long wait. They will never get rid of it completely. They invented the system and it has been helpful to many guests. Wonder what is in the future of FP's?

Jason....we only visit WDW in the summer, when the crowds are big. So we don't see the covered up FP machines. You indicated that WDW has removed many FP machines in the past year....do you know which ones?

Personally, FP is critical to our enjoyment of WDW. We are not touring commandos, we don't do Early Entry, we are much more leisurely in the parks, knowing we can grab a FP and still get on our favorite attractions despite the large crowds.

For what it's worth, Universal is toning down it's front-of-the-line access for on-site resort guests too. Only allowing one visit per ride per day, as opposed to the unlimited nature before.

There can only be one reason....Disney isn't getting the increased revenue that shorter ride lines (more time for food, shopping, etc) was supposed to bring.

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Disney isn't getting the increased revenue that shorter ride lines (more time for food, shopping, etc) was supposed to bring.
    That is exactly what the article said in the provided link. Good old Pressler thought the public would get the fasty pass and immedeiately head for the food and souvenirs. They found otherwise as Al Putz, oops Lutz says. Just take the article witrh a grain of salt, as Al tends to be very harsh on the current Disney heirarchy.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Since you visit in the summer you understand the help of the FP's. Most are uncovered right now. About mid-Aug they will tone down again.

Funny that they were expecting people to go buy stuff when holding a FP. That made me laugh.

To me, the FP makes the overall park experience better. So what Disney might not be taking into account is that I will go to their parks more often if this kind of attraction benefit is available.

So I'm more likely to buy a 5 day PH ticket instead of a 3 day. Or an annual pass instead of a Park Hopper.

I keep reading about WDW attendance records and upwards trends. Would they be foolish enough to want to tinker with the park guest experience and put those numbers at risk?

I did take from the tone of the article that it was as much editorial as anything. However, I was surprised if they really were shutting down all FP at all attractions in Disneyland permanently.

chrisps is offline A-Ticket holder

fast pass

I hope that the fast pass stays at wdw for a long time it makes the wate alot shorter. I vist wdw in the summmer in july or agust and I think that the fast pass is a good idea. I last visted wdw in the end of july into the begining of agust and the crowds are relly big. I get the fast pass for the tower of terror or rockn roller coaster I like the fast pass better then wating in line for over 1 hour to 2 hours when i was younger there where no fast passs and I had to wate in line for about two or three hours. I like the fast pass I think that it is working becuse the crowds are geting bigger everytime I vist wdw for test track there uslly is no fast pass in the afternoon for that ride so I think that fast pass is geting popual. Rides like space moutain don'nt have lines out of the bulding going back to the tta like it was when I was youger so I think that the fast pass is working relly well.
    chrisps

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The problem with the FP, as I have mentioned before, is that they are being abused by folks who have 15-20 old tickets and gobble up the FPs for family and friends, or worse--sell to stangers. Also, the FP machines are expensive to buy and maintain. Lastly, thanks to our friends on another "magical" site, it is now widely known you can push the manual button on the back of the machine to spew out FPs by the dozens, if you don't get caught!!!

I can foresee Disney going with some sort of ride perk for AP's and/or resort guests with length-of-stay tickets, or as an "extra" on the new ticket scheme.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Currently if you do not have a vaild ticket form that day (marked by the machine when you enter) you can not get a FP. It will spit out a ticket that tells you have an invaild ticket, see a CM.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    in january
    (not busy time)
    most of the machines were open (except for the shows that have it)
    i've seen covers on the machines at millionaire
    and another ride in the MK
    those are the only ones i saw covered
    other than that
    they were all working fine
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Havent we gone over the benefits and or not benefits of the FP before... I personally like the FP despite the downsides of what some say
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Dr. Doom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am new here and this is my first post, however I am not new to WDW, I have visited it more than 16 times. As for the FP, I think its a good idea, if you want a proof, visit Disney the most crowded days, FP are only available for late hours, like 4 hours after you have gotten the FP. Sometimes its faster going on the actual line than on the FP line (Space Mountain). What they should do is open more single riders lines.

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Not all fast passes are that far out(4hrs) sometimes we get FP for less then 2hours in the future, these are usually for things like Buzz Lightyear and Winnie the Pooh. If you get in early you can usually get a fast pass for a good return time, however you can only get a FP every 2hours. Single rider lines are nice but they don't work well for families with kids old enough to ride but not old enough to go alone.
    Maggie

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    All I know is that the millionaire FP machines are now at the new stunt show, because it was a little pointless at a show.

Yep HDC, you can geta new FP every two hours or less, just read the bottom of your FP for the exact time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast