Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Near Dollywood? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by King Tryton I'm not sure if anyone has heard rumors that Disney had purchased several hundred acres in East Tennessee. That would be a huge improvement over ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tryton
    I'm not sure if anyone has heard rumors that Disney had purchased
    several hundred acres in East Tennessee. That would be a huge
    improvement over Dollywood (redneck Disneyland). Land is near Hwy 66
    which leads into Pigeon Forge area. I wonder what they would call it?

IMHO it will probably be some sort of resort/time share and not a theme park. Time will tell.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yea you are prob right Jiminiy.. it seems odd they would build another theme park in Tenn... I dont know about that... maybe it has something to do with music too
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well, if they do, I'll be there with bells on! I'm only a few hours from Pigon Forge too! Of course, I'm only 6 hours from WDW, so I guess it won't make that much difference...
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Aw, not fair, bout 14 hours from WDW, only 2 from Pigeon Forge, so that would be awesome.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

nsync66138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That would be awesome but for some reason I can't imangine them putting a Disney in TN. It just seems like it would be to close to DW but I don't know. Maybe its just going to be a resort of some sort. It wouldn't matter much for me anyway, thatsa bout a 12 hour drive and DW is about 18 so its really no difference

littler_mermaid is offline A-Ticket holder
    About Dollywood...I kinda like that park. It's no Disney, true, but I've been going there since I was three, and I've been offered jobs to play the dulcimer there in some shows and stuff.

But if Disney opens an America park in Pigeon Forge, I would so rather play the dulcimer there!!!

Dblk2104 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that rumor goes on everywhere becuase they supposidy bought land around the St. Louis area, and Branson Missouri area. i dont think Disney is going to be building anymore theme parks in the United States Untill Disney World is completed which wont be for a while since they have only used up about 1/3 of the land they own in Florida

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    do you think it means anything that Disney just sold off some of the Florida land???

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    I live only 3 hours away from Nashville, so if Disney did purchase land in Tennessee, how far do you think it would take me to get to where Disney purchased land from Louisville, KY?

Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    Nice, Mel. Did anyone see the travel channel special on Dollywood? Other than the rednecks working there, it's actually an okay park (compared to WDW ).
    i was it it looked pretty cool but most of the rides were water rides.
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I don't think they were planning to build another park. Maybe it's a DVC? like VB, and HH?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

ford328 is offline A-Ticket holder

cross fingers

Quote Originally Posted by King Tryton
    I'm not sure if anyone has heard rumors that Disney had purchased
    several hundred acres in East Tennessee. That would be a huge
    improvement over Dollywood (redneck Disneyland). Land is near Hwy 66
    which leads into Pigeon Forge area. I wonder what they would call it?

havent heard. but i am going to keep my fingers crossed. we go there all the time. it is a whole lot better driving there in 3 hours than 11 down to orlando. may i ask where you heard this at? thanks!!

tkdlouie is offline A-Ticket holder
    It would be pretty cool if they made another theme park in the pigeon forge/ gatlinburg area...i went there on vacation and it is a great place to visit... its full of things to do.. and i think it would be a great location for disney because of the surroundong attractions and already exisitng touristy type places and hotels

disney1266 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't think that there will be a park in Tennessee. Part of the reason WD built his parks in certain places is that the parks would be open year round. The parks in Florida and California are in areas where is does not snow. Dollywood closes for portions of the year. Disney is not a seasonal-style park. I think this is just a 'rumor'.

WV_Jayola is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love this... My mother and father-in-law own a vacation home in Seveirville (which is five minutes out of pigeon forge...just sorta merges into it). We go there quite often, as it's only a three hour drive from my house. I can't even begin to imagine how exciting having a Disney park there would be...

but alas....

I don't think it will EVER happen.

but i hope i'm wrong...

jeff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast