Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Near Dollywood? in the News & Rumors forums; i think it may be a resort.. it would be awesome if it was to be another park but i doubt it.. dollywood is ok.. if you vacationing in the ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i think it may be a resort..

it would be awesome if it was to be another park but i doubt it..

dollywood is ok.. if you vacationing in the area.. but we went in august of 2004 and never even felt tempted to stray over than way.. we went to gatlin and then went to cherokee we were there for the nature part side of it and camped in the smokey mountains..

i went to dolly with my family when i was like 10.. i remember i loved their rapids ride the most!

and we went to ghost town in the sky in maggie valley and that was nice.. that area is a great family trip..

i would love to go in the winter and stay at ober gatlinburg and go skiing!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    maybe a new DVC resort? I live in west TN and well the east is so nice has hills so maybe a ski resort if it in rocky top TN
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I used to be opposed to any new Disney parks, but after this Disney trip I am all for at least one per 4 state area. This would alleviate crowding and add accessibility for millions. I think an MK anywhere with at least two of every attraction would be the best, and if they could do a double sized Epcot it would be perfect. More Disney, great.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wish this would happen since it's about 3 hours from where i live in culleoka tn.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    There have been talks about disney bought land in tennessee for a long time now.

Dollywoodseeker is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Dollywoodseeker

Anyone who thinks that Disney coming to East Tennesee is great you are a fool. Go ask people who go to Disneyworld. Dollywood is not just about a Water Park or Theme Park. It's about a nice moutainous place to go hiking fishing, boating, horseback riding, ATV riding, train riding. If Disney World rolls in they will drag all the **** from Atlanta in Eastern Tennessee.
    Let me tell you about Disney World. When they built Disneyworld they were suppose to have an exit for a big land owner in the area, but they didn't provide this. This made the guys land worthless. No doubt by now they've bought the property and they'll spend the money now to get an exit. DisneyWorld is a conglomerate. There is plenty of room for people to go to DisneyWorld in Florida. In fact they are building more. The one in California and one in Florida. Building one in East Tennesse would be too close. If you like Disney World get in your vehicle and drive there. DisneyWorld will do like they did in Florida. They'll buy millions of acres and then when they build on it it's gone. The people of Eastern Tennessee should think before they allow DisneyWorld to build there. It's a wonder they don't build in Branson Missouri. DisneyWorld builds motels and restaurants on the property. They don't help local businesses. They should build a DisneyWorld in central Texas. The people of Eastern Tennessee had better raise their voices. Don't allow DisneyWorld in East Tennessee. They'll drag all the refuse from Miami and Atlanta and you'll be sorry. At every theme park sooner or later so many people go that you have to wait an hour and a half to get in a ride. It happens all the time. No matter how many parks you put in an area. DisneyWorld in Florida owns 40 square miles of proeprty and they are making it bigger and bigger. They think they can go to Tennessee and buy land cheap.
    Last edited by Dollywoodseeker; 07-23-2008 at 04:24 PM.

WV_Jayola is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow....i don't even know where to begin with that post.

I'll start by saying this, Dollywood Seeker... I'm an AP holder at Dollywood, and usually vist at least four or five times a year. and i'll tell you this much....before you can criticize the Disney Company so harshly, you need to explain away the fact of why that the park that you take your user name from is copying EVERY idea they can think of from Disney. The Mystery Mine is basically the Haunted Mansion meets Big Thunder Mountain....right down to the little "Mystery Mine" theme music, which is pretty much "grim grinning ghosts" with different words. They have "character meals" now. They have their own pin trading now. it's VERY obvious to anyone that goes there now that they are trying to copy the Theme Park leader.
    And you talk like the Disney company is so bad to the areas it goes in....but lets not talk about the way that Dollywood treats the locals that work there. How long do they have to work there to get benefits? I bet you don't know about that, do you? Well, being that they're only open seasonally, lets just say you're going to have to put in a couple of years work to get any sort of benefits. That's good ol' Dollywood....looking out for the East Tennessee natives...right? Oh, we won't mention how that they pretty much SUNK Ogle's Water Park with Splash Country...or how LITTLE that they pay their employees.

Trust me....the Harshcend Family Entertainment Corporatation cares just about as much about East Tennessee as you are imagining that "big bad Disney" would.

We can go on....

jeff.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Wow, now we're getting political. Imagined foe? Guess those buildings fell on their own. Not getting into all this here, but we can always meet at any conspiracy theory website to argue that. You have insulted everyone from Africans to Jews over Disneyworld, yet you post here and just joined. So you've either been lurking or you created a new ID just to post venom. We come here to exchange ideas and have a good time. I love the peace and serenity of the Smokies. I don't want to see large areas of it bulldozed for a new park but I see no reason to insult people.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

cindybelle86 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you ohiodisneydad.
    We have been to the Smokies as much as we have been to WDW. We love it! Everyone that I have ever the pleasure to talk to in both Dollywood and WDW love their jobs, and would never think of leaving or changing anything. Dollywood people are family folks, hard working, friendly and dedicated. WDW CM's are MAGICAL! Both are wonderful!
    Nothing beats tubing down the river in the Smokies or tapping your feet to the banjo, and nothing beats all of the magic of WDW. That is why we love both. I doubt that Seiverville or Pigeon Forge, nor the National Park Service would allow ANYONE to come in a bulldoze off that beautiful mountain area without making it public knowledge. I don't mean to start anymore on this subject, but this one got to me. Please just let it end. I signed on to have fun and learn more about all things Disney (which I love!!) not hear about slander and vemon about two of the most beautiful places on earth.

Thank you.
    Stephanie

Wow. First off its Gay Days. Second I don't think it's sponsered by Disney so I doubt they give discounted tickets. NOw Orlando does pander to that crowd during this time which is the end of May and the first week of June. Do a little homework before you start ranting. There is a whole debate about the decline of inner cities which I don't care to get into here. I won't go to Disney World during Gay Days because I don't agree with that lifestyle, period, and I won't apologize for my beliefs. Now they have the right to live their lives how they feel and a whole lot of good American men and women, straight and gay, have died to make certain they continue to have that right. If I saw something perverse that my kids shouldn't see I would tell that couple, gay or straight, to knock it off. But bottom line is if you hate Disneyworld why post here? We love WDW and we see problems with some of what they do.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by cindybelle86 View Post
    Thank you ohiodisneydad.
    We have been to the Smokies as much as we have been to WDW. We love it! Everyone that I have ever the pleasure to talk to in both Dollywood and WDW love their jobs, and would never think of leaving or changing anything. Dollywood people are family folks, hard working, friendly and dedicated. WDW CM's are MAGICAL! Both are wonderful!
    Nothing beats tubing down the river in the Smokies or tapping your feet to the banjo, and nothing beats all of the magic of WDW. That is why we love both. I doubt that Seiverville or Pigeon Forge, nor the National Park Service would allow ANYONE to come in a bulldoze off that beautiful mountain area without making it public knowledge. I don't mean to start anymore on this subject, but this one got to me. Please just let it end. I signed on to have fun and learn more about all things Disney (which I love!!) not hear about slander and vemon about two of the most beautiful places on earth.

Thank you.
    Well if I never welcomed you before, welcome aboard! The Smokies are absolutely breathtaking. I love traveling through Tennessee for the beautiful view. And if I could get the wife, ohiodisneymom, to use a Tennessee drawl...hubba, hubba. LOL. We honeymooned in Gatlinburg but we haven't been back in 11 years. But our family vacation for 09 is going to be there! We are going to DOllywood and I may buy a season pass so I can go a few times during the week. I don't think a Disney Park belongs in the SMokies. Dollywood blends in well. But I think there are plenty of empty parks Disney could buy and refurb. In fact I have heard talk that Busch Gardens is up for sale since Budwieser got bought out. Busch Gardens Williamsburg would be a great place for Disney's America!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

I agree. Lock it. No place for this here

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl View Post
    Nice, Mel. Did anyone see the travel channel special on Dollywood? Other than the rednecks working there, it's actually an okay park (compared to WDW ).

That's an ignorant comment...the redneck part
    I took my family to Dollywood this month and it was great. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. This experience was almost on par with Disney. The attractions were not as sophisticated but it was still a good park and I recommend it to families.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 07-28-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast