Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Near Dollywood? in the News & Rumors forums; I'm actually excited to go to Dollywood in June of '09. With a family of four buying two day passes we thought we'd just buy Season passes. I only live ...
    ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I'm actually excited to go to Dollywood in June of '09. With a family of four buying two day passes we thought we'd just buy Season passes. I only live 5 hours or so from there so we may decide to make family weekeds out of it.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I'm actually excited to go to Dollywood in June of '09. With a family of four buying two day passes we thought we'd just buy Season passes. I only live 5 hours or so from there so we may decide to make family weekeds out of it.
    Can't wait to hear how it goes, and how the place looks since my last visit. I wasn't really expecting much from this park from the start, and I thought it was a really neat park to visit. I love how the staff there is really nice and genuinely friendly, unlike that of Disney's forced "friendly" which bothers me IMO. There's just something about fake grins and forced happy tones of voice that I just don't like. There were a couple times we've bumped into a couple custodians around the park, and they stopped sweeping a little bit and talked with us, where we're from, talks of 'exciting new attractions to come' (hinting at the new area where Mystery Mine is) and so forth, which I thought was really cool. I haven't really seen that happen at Disney that often, but I know it happens, but doesn't last as long here, I'm guessing it's because Dollywood's a more relaxed park than Disney. With a great staff like Dollywood's, and some decent attractions and shows, I'd say it's worth a visit or two.

ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Can't wait to hear how it goes, and how the place looks since my last visit. I wasn't really expecting much from this park from the start, and I thought it was a really neat park to visit. I love how the staff there is really nice and genuinely friendly, unlike that of Disney's forced "friendly" which bothers me IMO. There's just something about fake grins and forced happy tones of voice that I just don't like. There were a couple times we've bumped into a couple custodians around the park, and they stopped sweeping a little bit and talked with us, where we're from, talks of 'exciting new attractions to come' (hinting at the new area where Mystery Mine is) and so forth, which I thought was really cool. I haven't really seen that happen at Disney that often, but I know it happens, but doesn't last as long here, I'm guessing it's because Dollywood's a more relaxed park than Disney. With a great staff like Dollywood's, and some decent attractions and shows, I'd say it's worth a visit or two.
    Nice perspective pygmy. Never thought of the Disney friendly being forced but I'm sure it happens! I plan on going with an open mind and seeing what it holds. People have already voiced their opinions to us, some positive and some negative. I'm looking forward to trying some of DW's food I saw featured on the Travel Channel! I can't wait to treat my mom to a big ol' plate of fried green maters!!! We love those things!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234